Brandon Beane Interview: 1st Preseason Game Pivotal for Josh Allen in 2018

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fixed.  This kid showed a lot out there today despite no help from those around him.  Mistakes, penalties, lack of run through by WR's, etc hurt the offense.  

I want to see him get some time with the better players.  At least a couple series with the 1's.  Let AJM start next week, pull him after the 1st quarter and let Allen play a couple series before they take the rest of the ones out next week.  

He's gotten reps with the ones in practice. The coaches are making sure they see everything they need to.

He's not starting, so better come to grips with that. They need to name Peterman or McCarron the starter sooner rather than later. Time to get the first team offense synched up.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's gotten reps with the ones in practice. The coaches are making sure they see everything they need to.

He's not starting, so better come to grips with that. They need to name Peterman or McCarron the starter sooner rather than later. Time to get the first team offense synched up.

I didn't call for him to start, so not sure what you want me to come to grips with.  Have said all offseason my preference is for Allen to sit and let AJ (or NP) play, not to mention if they play well we got a trade chip next year.  

What I suggested is let him play a couple series with the ones next week.  Start AJM and after you pull AJM, let Allen come in and get a couple series with the bulk of the starters.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I didn't call for him to start, so not sure what you want me to come to grips with.  Have said all offseason my preference is for Allen to sit and let AJ (or NP) play, not to mention if they play well we got a trade chip next year.  

What I suggested is let him play a couple series with the ones next week.  Start AJM and after you pull AJM, let Allen come in and get a couple series with the bulk of the starters.  

There's no point in doing that.

The starters need as many reps as they can get with the actual starter.

What you're suggesting is a total waste of time. Haven't you heard? There's a process.