Do you make lists?

RaoulDuke79

Ever since I was a young,  maybe 6 or 7 years old I've always made lists of things. Things I want to buy, things I want to do, tasks that need to be done. I used to write them down, now I keep them on my phone. I probably have over a dozen on various  items. The one that's weighing on me right now is the chore list......if you have any post them here, or maybe I'm just insane.

Build up berm by steps
Prune trees in front yard
Bare spots in grass
Trim bushes
Weed flower beds
Mulch
Mower wheel
Change receptacle switches 
Paint deck table
Label electric box 
Clean blinds
Paint master bathroom & bedroom  ceiling 
Touch up paint in master bedroom ceiling 
Install ceiling fan in great room
Light fixture in entry way
Light fixture in master bath.
Line flower beds with rocks

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I should make lists. Sometimes I’ll have some spare time to get something done, and my mind goes blank. So I watch tv or take a walk.  I’d be better off if I paint the railing, vacuum the car, etc.

This is my problem right now. Well actually the opposite. There's never any time. With two young kids, work, etc....I feel like I cant accomplish anything. My mom said this is one of the most chaotic and stressful times in ones life, so I'm trying to ride it out. I think I read in the seven habits of highly effective people, or a similar book, that it's good to make lists so you can cross things off and feel a sense of accomplishment.  I'm having some trouble crossing things off these days

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'll see you in heaven if you make the list.

I have some work to do, but I'm trying. 

9 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is my problem right now. Well actually the opposite. There's never any time. With two young kids, work, etc....I feel like I cant accomplish anything. My mom said this is one of the most chaotic and stressful times in ones life, so I'm trying to ride it out. I think I read in the seven habits of highly effective people, or a similar book, that it's good to make lists so you can cross things off and feel a sense of accomplishment.  I'm having some trouble crossing things off these days

She’s correct. I’m an empty nester, so I don’t have any excuses.  Except laziness. 

27 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Ever since I was a young,  maybe 6 or 7 years old I've always made lists of things. Things I want to buy, things I want to do, tasks that need to be done. I used to write them down, now I keep them on my phone. I probably have over a dozen on various  items. The one that's weighing on me right now is the chore list......if you have any post them here, or maybe I'm just insane.

Build up berm by steps
Bare spots in grass
Trim bushes
Weed flower beds
Mulch
Mower wheel
Paint deck table
Label electric box 
Clean blinds

Nothing personal, but you don’t really have time to be posting here....you have work to do!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Nothing personal, but you don’t really have time to be posting here....you have work to do!!!

I'm working to improve my multitasking, please pardon and grametical errors I'm cleaning the blinfs.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Collect Underpants

?

Profit!

That one is already crossed off my list.

To the OP...yes, I make lists. Shopping lists in particular. To do lists are great, for me, short term. If I don't accomplish certain things, it wasn't that important. Prioritizing my lists is where I struggle. I'm very impulsive, so "vanity lights" gets quickly overridden by "scrape the popcorn ceiling, paint the bathroom ceiling, while your at it paint the rest of the bathroom and buy new bath mats, and oh, the left faucet is leaking - do that". My bathroom vanity lights are the ugliest part of my master bath 8 years later.

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

That one is already crossed off my list.

To the OP...yes, I make lists. Shopping lists in particular. To do lists are great, for me, short term. If I don't accomplish certain things, it wasn't that important. Prioritizing my lists is where I struggle. I'm very impulsive, so "vanity lights" gets quickly overridden by "scrape the popcorn ceiling, paint the bathroom ceiling, while your at it paint the rest of the bathroom and buy new bath mats, and oh, the left faucet is leaking - do that". My bathroom vanity lights are the ugliest part of my master bath 8 years later.

I heard a saying along the  lines of "money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes it a lot easier being miserable". I like to  be self sufficient and try to do as many things as I'm capable of,  but it would be damn nice to have enough scratch to pay someone for everything without having to worry about the bank account. 

Other than 1 or 2 of these things I pay other people do do this stuff... there is no shortage of landscape services here and quite frankly, at this time of the year they can have it.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Build up berm by steps
Bare spots in grass
Trim bushes
Weed flower beds
Mulch
Mower wheel
Paint deck table
Label electric box 
Clean blinds

We are taking a lot off the list this year.  

Clean out is huge. 

Want to move next to Gillette stadium.   ?

On the rare occasion that I get a bit anxious about all that needs to be done, I write it down in the form of a list. That curiously relieves some pressure.....allowing me to put it off a little bit longer. ?

Back in the day when I had more to do, I really did benefit from having a list and crossing thru the things I knocked out. It was actually satisfying. 

6 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

My wife makes the lists, I check 'em off. 

I do make detailed lists and plans when taking on a construction project though.

Oddly enough my wife makes no lists. She wants to live like flip or flop and thinks it magically happens. 

My lists have lists, and then I have a list of where to locate my lists.

Actually, I use spreadsheets and an old-fashioned calendar.  I am very regimented in my to-do- tasks and do enjoy following a schedule. Otherwise, I'll just sit around and read books (or read PPP).

Who doesn’t have lists of user ID’s and passwords? That crap pisses me off! There are things I’d like to do, but I need to go through a portal and create new user ID’s and passwords....so I pass. Too many pages of that already!