selling season tickets on stubhub

stuvian

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I actually like this.  If resellers don’t buy the seats, then you won’t need scalpers and you can get them for face value on the site.  

The only real pain is for season tickets holders. For them, maybe give them a free exemption for 25% of their games.  If you are selling more than that to a stranger, why have them?

yeah, do away with scalpers and real fans can have seats for free..... won't that be wonderful?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I actually like this.  If resellers don’t buy the seats, then you won’t need scalpers and you can get them for face value on the site.  

The only real pain is for season tickets holders. For them, maybe give them a free exemption for 25% of their games.  If you are selling more than that to a stranger, why have them?

Yep, so fans who were enjoying buying $5 tickets to preseason games, will now have to pay full price. This is such a wonderful thing. I believe the ticket exchange still have a ridiculous minimum number you can sell tickets for, and its $65 for my seats.

Edited by wagon127

Well now I’m totally frustrated. 

Spent the last half hour editing prices and One Buffalo still shows the old pricing.  Plus Ticketmaster is frozen showing In Progress. 

What a feakin disaster to deal with. Only solution I see is to use my laptop and the Bills full site and hope it all works.  

16 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Yep, so fans who were enjoying buying $5 tickets to preseason games, will now have to pay full price. This is such a wonderful thing. I believe the ticket exchange still have a ridiculous minimum number you can sell tickets for, and its $65 for my seats.

I’ll give you preseason games.  

Full ticket pricing for those is a joke

On 7/17/2018 at 8:21 PM, mead107 said:

No printing ticks.  Transfer  only on device. 

If you knew this on 7/17 and I thought I knew it, why is this news today:

Bills fans will no longer have the option of printing their tickets for access to New Era Field, according to a new mobile ticketing policy announced Friday.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/27/bills-change-to-mobile-ticketing-policy/

You guys do realize that transferring on device is no different than a paper ticket except you don't have to physically exchange anything?

I'm currently in Ohio and every Cavs game I've been too I have purchased the tickets through an app they provide. Its easy for the seller/buyer and entry is a breeze. I don't get why everyone is freaking out. 

Edited by Elite Poster

It’s not a “freak out”, it’s a huge inconvenience to a lot of people.

This is certainly a result of the organization being embarrassed that their “inventory” goes for pennies on the dollar on the street.

BN published several articles over the last year that drew attention to the sub $10 tix for both the Bills and Sabres.  That can’t sit well with the suits, and I personally know several season tix holders that pointed it out to their reps during the renewal calls. As in ‘my loyalty gets me full price preseason games. hooray.’

Personally, my group used to print out all preseason tix and bring the extras with us, and just give them to people looking for one or two to get in the door. Especially the Kids Day game(which was also taken away for some reason).

Call Ralph cheap, but he knew his home market better than the new guy seems to.

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

You guys do realize that transferring on device is no different than a paper ticket except you don't have to physically exchange anything?

I'm currently in Ohio and every Cavs game I've been too I have purchased the tickets through an app they provide. Its easy for the seller/buyer and entry is a breeze. I don't get why everyone is freaking out. 

sometimes people travel around more than 1 mile outside of their city and want to see a game

you should try it sometime

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, wagon127 said:

Try Club Seats. I don't remember the exact price, but the minimum I could sell preseason for was over $100. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Especially the Kids Day game(which was also taken away for some reason).

It's there this year. It's the Bengals Game. That's what is listed on my ticket account. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, plenzmd1 said:

go to the ticket office and show id and they will print out your tickets...easy peezy

What else is easy peezy would be to scan my CC or DL at the gate like they have done for every event I've attended at the Pepsi Center for years now.  

Everybody is happy, and no one has to stand in yet another line on game day.  

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

sometimes people travel around more than 1 mile outside of their city and want to see a game

you should try it sometime

You can sell and buy tickets for however much you want, it's just electronic. I'm not following what the problem is...

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

It's there this year. It's the Bengals Game. That's what is listed on my ticket account. 

Thanks for the heads up, i didn’t notice.  It’s a nice litte tradition, glad they brought it back.

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

You can sell and buy tickets for however much you want, it's just electronic. I'm not following what the problem is...

I am on a computer 9 hours a day for work, and god knows how many hours at home - I don't need to be connected while I'm driving or enjoying time off actually looking at and experiencing the world.  I don't have a smart phone, I don't need a smart phone, I don't want a smart phone.  Yes I can go to the box office and get them printed, but it's annoying to spend tailgating time (which for some games is the only fun of the day) standing in another line.  /rant

Edited by coloradobillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I am on a computer 9 hours a day for work, and god knows how many hours at home - I don't need to be connected while I'm driving or enjoying time off actually looking at and experiencing the world.  I don't have a smart phone, I don't need a smart phone, I don't want a smart phone.  Yes I can go to the box office and get them printed, but it's annoying to spend tailgating time (which for some games is the only fun of the day) standing in another line.  /rant

I'm not telling you to stick a phone up your behind my goodness.  

Once again, electronically transferring tickets takes 5 seconds. Not 2 weeks like mailing tickets. For someone who no longer lives in Buffalo, I love this option because some people have trouble mailing tickets. 

On 7/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, Jrb1979 said:

I love having the ticket on my phone. Better then having a physical copy that you might lose. People just need to catch up with technology. I don't know why so many are technically impaired. 

So dumb question Im sure but here it goes. I buy tickets for games on stub hub and get all of the groups on my card. How do we transfer to other phones once the sale is made or will my phone need to be present for the whole group?

Sorry Elite; I quoted your post but my anger was not intended to be in your direction.  I'm just frustrated that a team and league that I've supported for decades is trying to force me to get an expensive device that I don't want or need for any other purpose.  

I hate the mobile only tickets system. I have 4 seats. I don’t bring always the same people with me every week. Sometimes we tailgate together and enter the stadium together. Sometimes we don’t. Sometimes my guests change their plans at the last minute and don’t tailgate going straight to the stadium instead. I’m an accountant. I spend my whole week with computers, emails, texts, etc., etc. Game day is time for me to relax and enjoy the moment. I don’t want to be interrupted during the tailgate and start figuring out who needs a ticket, what is his email address, etc. People will say I’ll meet you at the tailgate and then at 11h30AM they will call and say that they are running late, they are stuck in the traffic. Then I need to take care of that, hoping my wifi works fine. Before I was just giving everybody their tickets without having to break my head about if they would show up on time or not. I couldn’t care less. They had their tickets and they could do whatever they want. I will probably start transferring all my tickets but then who will they ask if they have questions about how that thing works? Me of course not the Bills. This is no more fun.

They say that it’s for protection. I guarantee that I can screenshot the same ticket on 20 different phones. What’s the difference with a pdf file?

When I said screenshot I meant having the image of the same mobile ticket on 20 different phones. Very easy.

Last year I used mobile tickets for the 1st time.  I had to use a mobile ticket after I bought the Chargers game tickets on StubHub!,  I put it into my phone using a PDF file.  PDF was the easiest way to put it on my phone.  If you're having any problems with other methods, StubHub! will send you the tickets in a PDF file.

I wonder what this new policy is doing to bus companies that provide a bus & ticket.  I went to the website of an Albany area bus company that does bus trips to sporting events & noticed that they were not offering any trips to Bills home games for the 1st time in many years.  The company gives you your printed ticket as you board the bus.  I'm guessing it wasn't worth the company's time to try to get tickets to fans via cell phones. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

That was my question with the ticket office, people that don’t have a smart phone and don’t want a smart phone. They basically brushed it off with “a lot of teams are already doing all mobile ticketing”. Great, still doesn’t answer my question. They did say that at least this year you can still go to the ticket office and get a hard ticket for a small charge. 

2 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I’m with you in hating this. I had problems at the Atlanta game last year because they needed me to change my location settings so they could track me, which I didn’t love. They do have little tech people outside the stadium to help, but I found it annoying that I had to make four phone calls before getting someone to help me actually fix it. I’ve done this since, and it does get easier, but I still don’t like it. 

It’s too expensive for a lot of young people, and the older people who can better afford it are not always tech savvy.