NFL disperses record shared revenue

Mr. WEO

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but, but..... something about viewing figures..... kneeling.... world falling? We're all doomed.  

where does the majority of revenue come from?

TV contracts and sponsorship deals that are intact for a few more years?

think about it....

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

think about it....

We have been over the tv stuff so many times.  TV viewership is declining overall.  While the gap between the NFL and the next best viewed products remains as large as it is then it is the place that advertisers will go and if it is the place that the advertisers go then it remains the sacred cow for the networks.  Witness the Fox deal for TNF which was up a third on the previous NBC and CBS deal and that is TNF... the product everyone seems to think is so terrible.  

Edited by GunnerBill

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

think about it....

The Networks will not leave the NFL....FOX just paid a record amount for TNF...DirecTV pays a lot as well. Wait until Amazon jumps in

Edited by nucci

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but, but..... something about viewing figures..... kneeling.... world falling? We're all doomed.  

nonsense, wait till the NFL has to face the music in 2022, there's gonna be a huge crisis if they don't turn around their popularity fast.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See you in 2022.  I'm pretty sure you will be wrong.  

Maybe but TV providers are losing money at a huge rate, eventually that will trickle down to TV networks that'll be looking to cut costs, the NFL has a business model that needs to grow indefinitely to meet rising costs, something will have to give. Only 3 in 10 have favorable views of the NFL today and the majority of those say their unfavorable opinion is because of players disrespecting our flag and anthem, to me it can all only spell trouble unless they can get their employees under control and clean up their image with a majority of Americans.

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

Maybe but TV providers are losing money at a huge rate, eventually that will trickle down to TV networks that'll be looking to cut costs, the NFL has a business model that needs to grow indefinitely to meet rising costs, something will have to give. Only 3 in 10 have favorable views of the NFL today and the majority of those say their unfavorable opinion is because of players disrespecting our flag and anthem, to me it can all only spell trouble unless they can get their employees under control and clean up their image with a majority of Americans.

https://deadspin.com/for-the-last-time-nfl-ratings-are-not-down-theyre-up-1827378925

The NFL will be the very last place the Networks go to cut costs.  Advertisers will still want to advertise in the most viewed programmes - that means the NFL.  

5 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Image result for made up polls

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

https://deadspin.com/for-the-last-time-nfl-ratings-are-not-down-theyre-up-1827378925

The NFL will be the very last place the Networks go to cut costs.  Advertisers will still want to advertise in the most viewed programmes - that means the NFL.  

Many still struggle to understand this. 

Networks will always pay top dollar for the best product on TV.  The NFL is a guaranteed bringer of top ad money for the networks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Many still struggle to understand this. 

Networks will always pay top dollar for the best product on TV.  The NFL is a guaranteed bringer of top ad money for the networks.

I don't understand why it is a pretty simple concept.  All the people outraged about the kneeling doesn't matter if compared to other TV products the NFL is holding its own, and even further outperforming them.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't understand why it is a pretty simple concept.  All the people outraged about the kneeling doesn't matter if compared to other TV products the NFL is holding its own, and even further outperforming them.  

Apparently it's a really difficult concept for some. And when there is no other Broadcast Television or Cable Network preforming as well as the NFL, advertisers aren't going to "go elsewhere." There is no where else to go.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have yet to see any data suggesting the kneeling turned off a single viewer.

It definitely annoyed some football fans, and they definitely wished it would impact the bottom line, but there is no evidence to suggest that it did.

As long as NFL ratings are super strong, people will pay $$$ to advertise during games.

31 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

people love football... it's that simple

It's true.  Baseball used to reign supreme in this country for many decades, but that era has now passed.

We see random, bad, Thursday night NFL games get better viewing numbers than World Series games!

• Like (+1) 2

I’m not really sure why people hate owners of billion dollar purchases make money.  The more they make, the more most spend.

in my business sector, owners, or CEO’s don’t spend even nearly the amt of money that we spend on players and in my industry people make or have the potential to make multiple six figures.we’re well skilled and are paid well.  To think an owner owes us more is questionable.

think about the 1.4 billion pegula spent on the bills to keep it in Buffalo, and his yearly return.  Yes, when he he someday sells the company he’ll make money, but until then if you knows business he doesn’t even come close to the return on investment other owners of other businesses receive for their investment.

im happy the players make the millions in many cases they make, and the guaranteed money keeps going up for people are one hit away from a dead cap hit.  I understand people come from different backgrounds, but yes these owners will always win when they sell,and they most likely have tremendous write offs with these acquisitions, but they still place a tremendous investment for the pride of being an NFL owner.

think what you want, but we are damn lucky to have the pegulas.  He. Could have drilled another hole to use his words.