Alexandria, The New Direction Of The Democrats

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Which is a good point.  If people are happy with their lives then they aren't victims of a system measured by income. 

Counterpoint: if poor people are happy with their lives, they don't realize they shouldn't be because they're being exploited by greedy millionaires. [/DNC]

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Which is a good point.  If people are happy with their lives then they aren't victims of a system measured by income. 

i'm doing well, i could be doing a lot better if i pushed, but i've lost a lot of my adult years to a debilitating illness that arises every once in awhile....

i'm also single and not pressed to do a lot better...

all mileages will vary, and best of luck to everyone  :D

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i'm doing well, i could be doing a lot better if i pushed, but i've lost a lot of my adult years to a debilitating illness that arises every once in awhile....

Lots of Canadians do.  It's called "winter."

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Lots of Canadians do.  It's called "winter."

work 10 weeks, then drive my snowmobile for 42 weeks on unemployment insurance payments?

every week i talk to someone, who doesn't seem to be a bum,  who tells me they are planning to go on EI (employment insurance) payments for the next few months

this happen in the US as well?

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

work 10 weeks, then drive my snowmobile for 42 weeks on unemployment insurance payments?

every week i talk to someone, who doesn't seem to be a bum,  who tells me they are planning to go on EI (employment insurance) payments for the next few months

this happen in the US as well?

That's what I need, a snowmobile.  That'll help overcome the winter blues. 

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

That's what I need, a snowmobile.  That'll help overcome the winter blues. 

it's snowmobiling weather for a sweet part of the year for grand swaths of Canada....

On 7/18/2018 at 6:51 PM, DC Tom said:

Not going to work.  You can't socialize the demand and leave the supply free-market.  

You could if you implemented the reddogblitz health care plan.  Every year, the govt buys a BASIC health care plan for all Americans.  If you get sick you can go to doc.  If your kids fall off their bike and need stitches it'd be covered.  A person could buy supplemental if they wished similar to Medicare Supplemental Insurance.  It would be the biggest pool so it would bring down the premiums.

Would be great for businesses.  They wouldn't have to proved Health Insurance for employees unless they just wanted to offer supplemental to attract candidates.

Everything is still private.

Edited by reddogblitz

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You could if you implemented the reddogblitz health care plan.  Every year, the govt buys a BASIC health care plan for all Americans.  If you get sick you can go to doc.  If your kids fall off their bike and need stitches it'd be covered.  A person could buy supplemental if they wished similar to Medicare Supplemental Insurance.  It would be the biggest pool so it would bring down the premiums.

Would be great for businesses.  They wouldn't have to proved Health Insurance for employees unless they just wanted to offer supplemental to attract candidates.

And how's this different from Medicare for All?

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And how's this different from Medicare for All?

a safety net for catastrophic and expensive health matters isn't the same as basic drug and family visit coverage.

insurance and pharma will never allow a negotiation to commence...

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

insurance and pharma will never allow a negotiation to commence...

This is when I knew The ACA was going to go off the rails was when they decided to talk to the insurance companies to figure out how to make it work. 

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is when I knew The ACA was going to go off the rails was when they decided to talk to the insurance companies to figure out how to make it work. 

there was no other choice

it's nice to dream though....

51 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You could if you implemented the reddogblitz health care plan. 

Which PPPers would be constituting the death panel in your health care proposal?

Then at the other end of the spectrum

Nazis and anti-Semites slip through GOP primaries, causing headaches for party

Arthur Jones is an avowed member of the American Nazi Party, a Holocaust denier and a sympathizer of the Ku Klux Klan.

He also is the Republican candidate challenging Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski for Illinois’ Chicago-area 3rd Congressional District. 

Jones is one of several Nazis, Holocaust deniers or white supremacists who have elbowed their way onto the GOP ballot for November’s midterm elections, in part by either concealing their views or running unopposed in the primary. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/20/nazis-and-anti-semites-slip-through-gop-primaries-causing-headaches-for-party.html

On 7/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, Doc Brown said:

That's because polling is starting to show a rapid rate in growing support for UBI that 48% of Americans now support it compared to 12% ten years ago.  It could eventually be a political winner.  It's a scary direction the Democrats are slowly heading down since the '08 crash.

• 48% of Americans support a universal basic income program
  • 46% of supporters would pay higher personal taxes to support it
  • 80% of supporters say companies should pay higher taxes to fund the program

Fine print. "All data compiled at the University Of California At Berkley "

17 minutes ago, ALF said:

Then at the other end of the spectrum

Nazis and anti-Semites slip through GOP primaries, causing headaches for party

Arthur Jones is an avowed member of the American Nazi Party, a Holocaust denier and a sympathizer of the Ku Klux Klan.

He also is the Republican candidate challenging Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski for Illinois’ Chicago-area 3rd Congressional District. 

Jones is one of several Nazis, Holocaust deniers or white supremacists who have elbowed their way onto the GOP ballot for November’s midterm elections, in part by either concealing their views or running unopposed in the primary. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/20/nazis-and-anti-semites-slip-through-gop-primaries-causing-headaches-for-party.html

'Elbowed' their way? That's hilarious. This Chicago whacknut 'won' the primary because he registered for the primary at the end of the very last possible day, knowing that the GOP never intended to run a candidate in a district they had no prayer of winning. You'll notice that he's never been endorsed by the GOP... Of course, facts have never stopped liberals from trying to create issues to cause headaches.

I do love the California guy, though.

Fitzgerald, who has previously run in congressional races in 2010 and 2012 as a Democrat, falsely asserts that 9 percent of U.S. government officials are dual citizens of Israel and that Jews played a “prominent role” in the African slave trade.

I wonder what his views on Col. Ossman and the Jew Bee dance are.

I find it interesting that the GOP publicly rejects these nutjob candidates, while the Democrats have their nutjobs tour the country.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2018 at 4:46 PM, LABillzFan said:

Apparently the new gift from Alexandria is her explanation that the reason we have low unemployment is "because everyone has two jobs.”

When you couple this with Obama coming out to explain that what the country needs is "universal income."

Man, oh, man, it's like you leftist nutbags are BEGGING for more Trump. :lol:

Reminds me ove rhe book A Brave New World, where everyone are like robots and there's no motivation to achieve or excel....just live.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Koko78 said:

So... 80 hours per week at $10 per hour (let's forget 'fight for $15 kiosks' for a minute) is, with overtime $1,000 per week for one person. Multiply that by 52 is $52,000... for one person.

If you can't feed your family on $52,000 per year (for one person), you're a moron whose !@#$ing kids deserve to starve.

Edit: Even with multiple jobs getting no overtime, it's still over $41,000 per year, for one person. Their kids still deserve to starve.

Gator is still scratching his head. He knows there are 4 weeks to the month and 12 months to a year. After finding his calculator he figured there were 48 weeks in a year, not 52. He swore to this a couple of years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1