President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:
The GOP had hoped that the appointment of Brett M. Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court could encourage turnout by the party's voters. Now some worry the sexual assault accusation could refocus attention on an issue that could drive up the Democratic vote in November.

It's all most as if neither the Republican nor the Democrats care about the Supreme Court nominee from any perspective except how it impacts them personally.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Which is the entire purpose of the accusation.

Hopefully, but you have no proof they are pulling an awesome trick like that. 

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's all most as if neither the Republican nor the Democrats care about the Supreme Court nominee from any perspective except how it impacts them personally.

Sure. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was 

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought you wanted all of us to be polite.  And then you start calling people Nazis.  It's almost as if you're a phony.

I called someone here a Nazi? Please tell me where I did that. To the extent that I insulted some of the white guys here who feel oppressed by mentioning Charlottesville, I definitely do NOT think you're Nazis,* and apologize for same. Truly. I was merely trying to say that the complaints of white male oppression strike me as absurd. 

The "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville was all about white male oppression. That's not some wild-eyed assertion. It's a fact. 

*I reserve the right to call LaDexter a Nazi, not as an insult, but an identifier. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I called someone here a Nazi? Please tell me where I did that. 

The "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville was all about white male oppression. That's not some wild-eyed assertion. It's a fact. 

You're a hack and a liar, and you personally represent approximately zero of the characteristics you claim to champion.

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WiredSources/status/1042068438838116352

What are the odds she doesn't even show Monday? 2:1?

I expect that there will be a call to delay the Monday hearing so that she can "properly prepare" for it. Sometime close to/after the midterms. You know, because this is too important to rush. Forget that WaPo and DiFi had this information for months. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Lying about...? Are you all still on the theory about my Deep State paycheck and how I followed DR from other places? 

I'm saying that in this very thread you have demonstrated that you are a hack and a liar, and have represented approximately zero of the characteristics you claim to champion.

Did I stutter, mother!@#$er?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KRC said:

I expect that there will be a call to delay the Monday hearing so that she can "properly prepare" for it. Sometime close to/after the midterms. You know, because this is too important to rush. Forget that WaPo and DiFi had this information for months. 

That's what Feinstein hoped for, but the Rs called the hearing quickly. They will certainly push for a delay. 

WaPo probably didn't run with it because there was nothing verifiable. I swim upstream of the Niagara River here and believe that most journalists TRY to get stories right, and properly discarded this one. WaPo would have loved to run this if there was some "there" there. 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm saying that in this very thread you have demonstrated that you are a hack and a liar, and have represented approximately zero of the characteristics you claim to champion.

Did I stutter, mother!@#$er?

I see you continue to be unwilling to have a dialog. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

That's what Feinstein hoped for, but the Rs called the hearing quickly. They will certainly push for a delay. 

WaPo probably didn't run with it because there was nothing verifiable. I swim upstream of the Niagara River here and believe that most journalists TRY to get stories right, and properly discarded this one. WaPo would have loved to run this if there was some "there" there. 

I used to believe that.  Until it became pretty clear a few years ago that they'd completely lost interest in doing so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah, the surprise will be if she shows up. A "vague memory" and testimony under oath do not mix.

They do when you're trying to entrap Kavanaugh.  

I mean...Democrats are accusing Kavanaugh of lying about not attending the party, when the accuser doesn't even remember which year the party took place.  It's pretty easy to frame questions to Kavanaugh in such a way that he's lying about attending/not attending the indeterminate party under question.