Bruce Smith in Richmond, Va July 15th?

My cousin just informed me that Bruce Smith will be at the opening of a new Dick’s Sporting Goods in Willow Lawn in Richmond on July 15th.  A couple things here. 

1.  I don’t do Twitter or anything like that, and I live about 40 miles north, so I have no way to confirm this, so if it’s not true, please feel free to delete this post and excuse my old fashioned lack of social media use that provides everyone with info!

2.  Just wanted to put this out there so that if true, any fellow Bills fans from Virginia will know so they can have the opportunity to check it out and meet him.  I can’t decide if I’ll be going or not.  I’m not the type to go following superstars around and ask for autographs, and my kids are a little too young to care.  It is my birthday though so that would be a cool experience.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

My cousin just informed me that Bruce Smith will be at the opening of a new Dick’s Sporting Goods in Willow Lawn in Richmond on July 15th.  A couple things here. 

1.  I don’t do Twitter or anything like that, and I live about 40 miles north, so I have no way to confirm this, so if it’s not true, please feel free to delete this post and excuse my old fashioned lack of social media use that provides everyone with info!

2.  Just wanted to put this out there so that if true, any fellow Bills fans from Virginia will know so they can have the opportunity to check it out and meet him.  I can’t decide if I’ll be going or not.  I’m not the type to go following superstars around and ask for autographs, and my kids are a little too young to care.  It is my birthday though so that would be a cool experience.  

If true, go. I'm too old to fish for autographs, but those 90s Bills were a big part of my childhood. Having the opportunity to simply thank them for the memories they provided and talk some football is enough for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

If true, go. I'm too old to fish for autographs, but those 90s Bills were a big part of my childhood. Having the opportunity to simply thank them for the memories they provided and talk some football is enough for me. 

Valid point.  I’ll probably end up going.  It’s not too often anything Bills related happens around here.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan5121 said:

Valid point.  I’ll probably end up going.  It’s not too often anything Bills related happens around here.  

You should go, based on the enthusiasm I am seeing in your posts for this event.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

You should go, based on the enthusiasm I am seeing in your posts for this event.

I’m thinking I will.  It’s only an hour drive, and my brother lives in Richmond so it’s not like I’m driving an hour for a 10 minute thing.  I just want to find a way to confirm.  It’s tough nowadays without social media.  Not sure where my cousin heard this.  Maybe on the radio or something.  

13 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I’m thinking I will.  It’s only an hour drive, and my brother lives in Richmond so it’s not like I’m driving an hour for a 10 minute thing.  I just want to find a way to confirm.  It’s tough nowadays without social media.  Not sure where my cousin heard this.  Maybe on the radio or something.  

Sign up for social media?  It’s easy and it’s not like you ever have to use it after this event

1 hour ago, billsfan5121 said:

Appears it is real.

https://stores.dickssportinggoods.com/va/richmond/1323/

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are aware he played at Virginia Tech....right?

Absolutely, but shouldn't they mention that he was a hall of famer? "Former College Defensive End" is not an inspiring title. And goodness, if you want to highlight that he played for Virgina Tech, then label him "Former Virgina Tech Defensive End".

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

Absolutely, but shouldn't they mention that he was a hall of famer? "Former College Defensive End" is not an inspiring title. And goodness, if you want to highlight that he played for Virgina Tech, then label him "Former Virgina Tech Defensive End".

Looks like they also photo shopped his helmet to cover up the Bills logo. Probably didn't want to get a letter from the NFL regarding licensing/copyright issues.

5 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

...better pay him handsomely or he'll whine about the moola.......been there done that....just sayin'.....

Dicks are like CVS..they keep opening up more stores and i never see anyone in the ones that are open already. Their are two Dick stores within 5 miles of this one..always empty.

BTW, saw Bruce at Stony Point mall Christmas shopping about 4 years ago...he actually might live in Richmond now.

48 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Bruce Smith is the greatest defensive end in NFL history. If you happen to have a conversation with him, he will tell you exactly that! ?

...LOL.....you forgot to mention the "grossly underpaid" part.........:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1