Rep. Joe Crowley beaten by a Bernie nobody

5 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

IMO California -- And it's not even close.

I don't know, NY is one messed up state.

And both California and New York are insanely liberal.

Who would have thunk that both these states are screwed up royally. What a shock.

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Every time I think one is crazier, the other says "hold my pinot noir..."

Still, it's NY that suspended a driver's license I didn't have for not having insurance on a car I didn't own in a state I didn't live, then used that as proof of residence to collect income tax I didn't owe.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Every time I think one is crazier, the other says "hold my pinot noir..."

Still, it's NY that suspended a driver's license I didn't have for not having insurance on a car I didn't own in a state I didn't live, then used that as proof of residence to collect income tax I didn't owe.

Don't we all owe something to someone in the larger sense? Thank you for your contribution, komrade.

Trump: and one of my biggest critics, a slovenly man, Joe Crowley, last night got his ass kicked!!

Please keep Nancy Pelosi where she is and please keep Maxine Waters as the mouthpiece for the Democratic Party....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I don't know what is a more f-ed up state................ California or New York?

NYS pisses me off. If "upstate" (11M+ people) would get together and outvote "metro NYC" (8M+ people) we could stop with all the stupid. On the other hand, the NYS Senate has been "Republican" for the vast majority of the last 100 years, so I'm not sure how solid my theory is. 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Democrat’s lurch to the Left will only accelerate.

The Democrat party has been captured by far left donors and activists who are compelling the move even further left.

What do they have right now?

maxine!!!!

49 Senate seats with 25 of them up for grabs in November and it’s not looking good at the moment

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

NY state destroyed a lot of its area by making them pick up the tax costs for liberal NYC freeloading policies

That's not true of Western New York as we receive more money back from the state than we pay in state taxes.  This includes more in infrastructure funding, education funding, and economic development funding.  It's a little more even between us and NYC when it comes to medicare and medicaid.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

That's not true of Western New York as we receive more money back from the state than we pay in state taxes.  This includes more in infrastructure funding, education funding, and economic development funding.  It's a little more even between us and NYC when it comes to medicare and medicaid.

Thats not the standard of reality, that’s NYC talking after pillaging WNY and the Appalachians.

10 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Spent two weeks in L.A. 2 years ago and my son lives in N.Y.C., We visit him yearly.....

There's no comparison, L.A. is a cesspool of RW intolerance. In N.Y.C. it's more of a to each their own vibe.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Thats not the standard of reality, that’s NYC talking after pillaging WNY and the Appalachians.

This is incorrect.  The 9 counties of and surrounding NYC, plus CT and NJ contribute far more to NYS coffers than everything north of Rockland Co

40 minutes ago, GG said:

This is incorrect.  The 9 counties of and surrounding NYC, plus CT and NJ contribute far more to NYS coffers than everything north of Rockland Co

After their legislators and governors mandated piles of crap for a century that impeded growth of industry and the tax base Upstate.  Not every city in NY has a Wall Street in it.  Not to mention Upstate having to deal with the influx of Canadians.

Blame Binghamton!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, joesixpack said:

That's a sickening list, regardless of party.

JSP,  I hope this helps you understand the difference between the left (Bernie) and “the left” (hrc).

enjoying all the gnashing of teeth it’s causing among the right here. ? except for the idiot who advocated violence.  This is how democracy works, it ebbs and flows between the left and right, and sometimes the extremes of each. 

9 minutes ago, TPS said:

JSP,  I hope this helps you understand the difference between the left (Bernie) and “the left” (hrc).

enjoying all the gnashing of teeth it’s causing among the right here. ? except for the idiot who advocated violence.  This is how democracy works, it ebbs and flows between the left and right, and sometimes the extremes of each. 

I understand fully the difference between Clintonites and Bernie (bernoids?) people.

What I also understand is that both groups are substantially populated with people who declared themselves to be "ungovernable" after the last election.

I've long been an advocate of taking private money out of the electoral system. I'm sure Tasker will swoop in to tell me I'm a hater of the Constitution and a dangerous fascist for thinking that. But until you remove corporate interest, union interest, religious interest and any other well-funded interest from the system, you'll never have something approaching democracy.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

After their legislators and governors mandated piles of crap for a century that impeded growth of industry and the tax base Upstate.  Not every city in NY has a Wall Street in it.  Not to mention Upstate having to deal with the influx of Canadians.

Blame Binghamton!!!!!!!!!!

No argument there