Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There are a few people in this thread defending NP that fall into one of the three categories below:

1. They just don't understand football enough to even know what they are looking at, let alone discuss it.
  2. Are 100% invested in being right, even when the body of evidence suggests they are likely wrong...kind of like when someone catches their significant other cheating, but they are doubling down still on how they didn't cheat and making absurd statements and excuses still sticking to their "story"
  3. Are just trolling to get this thread as long as possible.

Couple of these posters have the screen name initials of BB...coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not...

Its one thing to be optimistic about NP or root for him, but its another to literally just spew nonsense for the sake of spewing nonsense.

Hang on Alpha, because while I don't 'support' Peterman in the sense that I'm pulling for him to start (I think Allen should if things continue as at present), I DO think that his outing against the Chargers has been blown out of proportion, and the fact that he's worked hard this offseason to address the weaknesses in his game is a credit to him and our staff in general.

I support him like I support any player on the roster. There's a fourth kind of Peterman supporter imo.

There are a few people in this thread defending NP that fall into one of the three categories below:

1. They just don't understand football enough to even know what they are looking at, let alone discuss it.
  2. Are 100% invested in being right, even when the body of evidence suggests they are likely wrong...kind of like when someone catches their significant other cheating, but they are doubling down still on how they didn't cheat and making absurd statements and excuses still sticking to their "story"
  3. Are just trolling to get this thread as long as possible.

Couple of these posters have the screen name initials of BB...coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not...

Its one thing to be optimistic about NP or root for him, but its another to literally just spew nonsense for the sake of spewing nonsense.

Well put. I would add a #4 though. They kinda know football but are conflating or ignoring the idea that his handsome short passing game translates to a handsome medium passing game and a handsome deep passing game, which it most glaringly does not.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Well put. I would add a #4 though. They kinda know football but are conflating or ignoring the idea that his handsome short passing game translates to a handsome medium passing game and a handsome deep passing game, which it most glaringly does not.

I will give you that in regards to many others, I am really referencing the extremes of a few...and I suspect it aligns more with #2 or #3 with them

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Hang on Alpha, because while I don't 'support' Peterman in the sense that I'm pulling for him to start (I think Allen should if things continue as at present), I DO think that his outing against the Chargers has been blown out of proportion, and the fact that he's worked hard this offseason to address the weaknesses in his game is a credit to him and our staff in general.

I support him like I support any player on the roster. There's a fourth kind of Peterman supporter imo.

Name one ball all preseason that showed an improvement on his main weakness. One.

I will give you that in regards to many others, I am really referencing the extremes of a few...and I suspect it aligns more with #2 or #3 with them

Yup. It's madden-ing.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I am referencing a select few here...not those who are reasonable about NP.  Hell, pretty sure all of us would love to see NP emerge as a legit good NFL starter, and its totally acceptable for some to feel thats more possible than others may feel.  But again, my post was not directed to those who like NP or still not ready to condemn him...it was to the extremes who keep spewing ridiculous things across multiple threads that are just over the top.  Usually also includes biased Allen bashing to further the biased argument, to the point of practically rooting against Allen and showing the kid literally ZERO support while propping up NP like he is the next Brady.  I will make an edit to make that even clearer than I thought it already was.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Name one ball all preseason that showed an improvement on his main weakness. One.

He threw an out to Benjamin against the Panthers that I thought showed improvement, both in technique and thought process. Granted he identified an LB on him playing off, but he still got the ball there quickly and put it in a place only Benjamin was going to be able to get. It would have been a completion against normal DB coverage. I thought it was a very savvy adjustment to a throw he struggles with.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, there were people here that actually believed that McCarron was an upgrade from Tyrod. The league spoke pretty loudly on their thoughts about McCarron when he signed that tiny contract. Guys like Keenum, Bridgewater & McCown were paid way more to essentially do the same thing. There’s a decent chance that McCarron ends up getting traded to Seattle IMO.

I said that a week ago but my destination for him was K. C .

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I agree that it's unlikely/hope that it doesn't happen but if McDermott is looking for an excuse to sit Josh for a little bit into the season before he starts Sunday is probably Josh's last chance to give him one.

By this you mean it's his last chance to show he wouldn't be able to handle the reins week 1, correct?

I just don't think it happens.  Seems Josh has already shown his stripes.  I'm not saying he'll play flawlessly this weekend or even that he won't make a bonehead mistake here or there.  But on the whole, he's likely going to look at least "good enough" to start week 1.

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He threw an out to Benjamin against the Panthers that I thought showed improvement, both in technique and thought process. Granted he identified an LB on him playing off, but he still got the ball there quickly and put it in a place only Benjamin was going to be able to get. It would have been a completion against normal DB coverage. I thought it was a very savvy adjustment to a throw he struggles with.

While that was a good throw and I agree with you, it didn't show that he has the arm to get the ball to the spot quicker, or wasn't mostly a one read QB, or could stay in the pocket and handle a strong rush. Those are his real deficiencies, and that if he doesn't improve substantially on he cannot succeed.

The one thing we all knew about him was he could identify his target pre-snap. make a quick decision, and get the ball out quick and accurate on a short pass. That's the one thing he does very well and did in your example. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MDH said:

It’s the dumbest thread in history yet McDermott hasn’t counted Peterman out of the competition and from the looks of things Peterman is one bad outing from Allen this week of getting that week 1 start. Allen performs well this week and he likely starts. He sh*ts the bed and, like it or not, it’s probably Peterman.

Not sure why so many Bills fans enjoy ripping one of their own players. It’s kinda crazy how fans sh*t on the guy no matter what he does. I hope Allen wins the job too but damn, all the hate for Peterman on this board is just nuts.

I have said it before and I will say it again , Peyrtman's trouble was becausee he was inserted in the lineup for Taylor. All of the Taylor fans were instantly Peterman haters and remain that today. A few of them profess to be "super scouts " who spout their vitriol about Peterman  being trash, and shouldn't be allowed on a football field. A few fit both categories. The  rest fit the following descriptions , follow the leader , ill informed.  or maybe they did not pay attention in school. I like Peternan's guts in coming back from the game last year  and  strengthening his arm. IMO  he has proven to the coaches that he is our second quarterback. I am a Josh Allen fan.

Edited by Wily Dog
spacng

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, Teddy looks like he’s back. If I were the Broncos I’d pick up the phone yesterday and make that call. I think that the Jets can get a 2 for him which will make him a GREAT signing from their standpoint. He has to get traded somewhere. 

How is it Elway, a HOF QB,   doesn't know how to pick QB's ???

58 minutes ago, Radar said:

My take is this is not a playoff team so if Josh is projected your starter of future give him experience now when your probably not a post season team. I don't buy this ruining a quarterback back thing.

"Ruining" a QB by playing too quickly is a myth, similar to "momentum" in games or the need for "chemistry" between a QB and receiver.  And lots of others.

Measured from any perspective, Allen should be the Game 1 starter.

The entire near term future of this organization revolves around him.

Transplant.   Just because I have you on ignore doesn't mean I don't see your posts when someone quotes them.  

You've chosen to ignore content by transplantbillsfan

I can see your posts in a quote like this example. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:
2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, people don't always need to agree, but there are simply facts in play here that have severely diminished the chance that Peterman is the starter.

Who knows, maybe Allen gets hurt... the OP is probably hoping for that.

You can think Allen suddenly absolutely sucks and is a different QB than he's been so far, but that seems also like the Pop's wishful thinking.

It's just pretty unlikely at this point that anyone but Allen starts week 1.

I agree that it's unlikely/hope that it doesn't happen but if McDermott is looking for an excuse to sit Josh for a little bit into the season before he starts Sunday is probably Josh's last chance to give him one

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

I said that a week ago but my destination for him was K. C .

That is another reasonable option.

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How is it Elway, a HOF QB,   doesn't know how to pick QB's ???

It’s really odd. Paxton Lynch is a special kind of awful. Keenum has looked terrible. Elway has been given a free pass but the only QB he found was Peyton Manning 15 years in. 

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Transplant.   Just because I have you on ignore doesn't mean I don't see your posts when someone quotes them.  

You've chosen to ignore content by transplantbillsfan

I can see your posts in a quote like this example. 

You're continuing to do a fantastic job ignoring me  :lol:

29 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I have said it before and I will say it again , Peyrtman's trouble was becausee he was inserted in the lineup for Taylor. All of the Taylor fans were instantly Peterman haters and remain that today. A few of them profess to be "super scouts " who spout their vitriol about Peterman  being trash, and shouldn't be allowed on a football field. A few fit both categories. The  rest fit the following descriptions , follow the leader , ill informed.  or maybe they did not pay attention in school. I like Peternan's guts in coming back from the game last year  and  strengthening his arm. IMO  he has proven to the coaches that he is our second quarterback. I am a Josh Allen fan.

I was and still am a Hotrod fan.  When he got benched I cheered mightily for Nasty Nate every time he played.  I don't hate him. I hate interceptions and turnovers.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I thought Peterman sucked before he played. I thought Tyrod was solid. I think Peterman sucks now. I think Tyrod is solid. So far, both of those are true statements based on their resumes. Many of us believed Peterman starting was a mistake before the game. He threw 5 INTs in 14 attempts. We were right. He didn’t deserve the job that he was given. If Tyrod retired tomorrow he would be viewed as a solid QB. He’d retire with a winning record and a high TD:INT ratio. If Peterman were out of the league tomorrow he would be viewed as trash. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring the truth.

With that being said the Bills handled things well this offseason. They went after a potential franchise QB and cleared his path. Peterman has improved and McCarron has been a decent number 2 in his career. They have handled it well. Allen is the guy and Peterman or McCarron can be #2 QBs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought Peterman sucked before he played. I thought Tyrod was solid. I think Peterman sucks not. I think Tyrod is solid. So far, both of those are true statements based on their resumes. Many of us believed Peterman starting was a mistake before the game. He threw 5 INTs in 14 attempts. We were right. He didn’t deserve the job that he was given. If Tyrod retired tomorrow he would be viewed as a solid QB. He’d retire with a winning record and a high TD:INT ratio. If Peterman were out of the league tomorrow he would be viewed as trash. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring the truth.

With that being said the Bills handled things well this offseason. They went after a potential franchise QB and cleared his path. Peterman has improved and McCarron has been a decent number 2 in his career. They have handled it well. Allen is the guy and Peterman or McCarron can be #2 QBs. 

Exactly my take. A lot of folks here thought it was a terrible idea to play him not because they hate Nate as a guy, just because they didn't think he had the tools. And it showed. Glaringly. It was a catastrophe.

He had to start again in the Snow Bowl and he threw a great TD pass. That was awesome and helped the team. But there wasn't anything in that game where you could count as evidence of an NFL QB. Because of the weather, everything was thrown out the window. His deficiencies then reared their ugly head in the playoff game when he couldn't get the ball to the WR quick enough. Again, glaringly.

I don't understand why that is so hard to see.

• Like (+1) 2