Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought Peterman sucked before he played. I thought Tyrod was solid. I think Peterman sucks now. I think Tyrod is solid. So far, both of those are true statements based on their resumes. Many of us believed Peterman starting was a mistake before the game. He threw 5 INTs in 14 attempts. We were right. He didn’t deserve the job that he was given. If Tyrod retired tomorrow he would be viewed as a solid QB. He’d retire with a winning record and a high TD:INT ratio. If Peterman were out of the league tomorrow he would be viewed as trash. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring the truth.

With that being said the Bills handled things well this offseason. They went after a potential franchise QB and cleared his path. Peterman has improved and McCarron has been a decent number 2 in his career. They have handled it well. Allen is the guy and Peterman or McCarron can be #2 QBs. 

I mean...if Tyrod retired prior to coming to the Bills he would have been viewed as trash too. Peterman hasn't really had the same opportunities to develop. Maybe we shouldn't close the book on him because he played poorly in his rookie year.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

I mean...if Tyrod retired prior to coming to the Bills he would have been viewed as trash too. Peterman hasn't really had the same opportunities to develop. Maybe we shouldn't close the book on him because he played poorly in his rookie year.

No one said close the book but at this point that’s who he is. That was the point. People are being called “haters” for pointing out facts. He has improved some but has a LONG way to go before he can be considered a solid NFL QB.  He’s too easy to defense, press all over, run underneath everything and rush the passer. Until he proves that he can step around pressure and punish you over the top my opinion isn’t changing. It isn’t rooted in my dislike of Peterman the player. It’s rooted my strong feelings that he is too limited to ever be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

As I said a few pages back... I don't expect NP to be the starter Week 1, but the way the OL is looking it wont be a surprise if he starts a few games throughout the year.

JA is a big guy but I think he might be in for a beating... Even Tyrod missed games the last three years behind better lines...

Lets all hope then that NP has improved since last year - he seems to have but we wont know for sure until we see him in a real game..

6 hours ago, Radar said:

My take is this is not a playoff team so if Josh is projected your starter of future give him experience now when your probably not a post season team. I don't buy this ruining a quarterback back thing.

I think if the Bills fix that scoring points problem this season then they are most definitely a playoff team. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I thought Peterman sucked before he played. I thought Tyrod was solid. I think Peterman sucks now. I think Tyrod is solid. So far, both of those are true statements based on their resumes. Many of us believed Peterman starting was a mistake before the game. He threw 5 INTs in 14 attempts. We were right. He didn’t deserve the job that he was given. If Tyrod retired tomorrow he would be viewed as a solid QB. He’d retire with a winning record and a high TD:INT ratio. If Peterman were out of the league tomorrow he would be viewed as trash. Anyone arguing otherwise is ignoring the truth.

With that being said the Bills handled things well this offseason. They went after a potential franchise QB and cleared his path. Peterman has improved and McCarron has been a decent number 2 in his career. They have handled it well. Allen is the guy and Peterman or McCarron can be #2 QBs. 

The reason that Tyrod had a high TD to INT ratio was because he did not throw the ball  unless the WR was wide open and could not lead a WR. That is exactly why he was traded to Cleveland. The 5 int's in 14 attempts you and i know that is do much B S. if you will honestly admit t it. I realize that the QB is charged with all interceptions but 2 out 14 is what it should have been.

Edited by Wily Dog
more next

39 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

As I said a few pages back... I don't expect NP to be the starter Week 1, but the way the OL is looking it wont be a surprise if he starts a few games throughout the year.

JA is a big guy but I think he might be in for a beating... Even Tyrod missed games the last three years behind better lines...

Lets all hope then that NP has improved since last year - he seems to have but we wont know for sure until we see him in a real game..

Peterman was nearly flawless in his preseason start. All passing for a TD. Then the reality is that trademark tipped pass showed up.

Then I seen AJ get absolutely destroyed during his start.

I like Josh Allen. Let's see what he does with his start.

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Peterman was nearly flawless in his preseason start. All passing for a TD. Then the reality is that trademark tipped pass showed up.

Then I seen AJ get absolutely destroyed during his start.

I like Josh Allen. I want him to be the winner. If he start and lays an egg Peterman won't look as bad. 

I thought AJ went Ok with the seconds in the first game, but unfortunately last game showed he moves like a mannequin which is not what we need right now..

Im hoping Josh continues to improve and can survive the first few games which will be tough..

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

The reason that Tyrod had a high TD to INT ratio was because he did not throw the ball  unless the WR was wide open and could not lead a WR. That is exactly why he was traded to Cleveland. The 5 int's in 14 attempts you and i know that is do much B S. if you will honestly admit t it. I realize that the QB is charged with all interceptions but 2 out 14 is what it should have been.

Hotrod should have only had 2 picks all of last Year because 1/2 of his picks bounced off of  clay's hands.

Image result for sad violin music

So just to be clear the TD to INT ratio doesn’t count and the 5 INTs in 14 attempts don’t count? I can prove to you that both of those are facts. I’m not the one trying to distort the truth here. Facts are facts and we can’t just pretend something different to push our agenda forward. I know that’s popular these days but it doesn’t fly here. It never has. 

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why are we still talking about TT?

It started with this:

It kind of ended until we were told the facts aren’t real. I’m hoping that it’s over. If we can all agree that facts aren’t up for debate that conversation should be over. Seems reasonable enough....

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So just to be clear the TD to INT ratio doesn’t count and the 5 INTs in 14 attempts don’t count? I can prove to you that both of those are facts. I’m not the one trying to distort the truth here. Facts are facts and we can’t just pretend something different to push our agenda forward. I know that’s popular these days but it doesn’t fly here. It never has. 

I asked for honesty , apparently you are not  capable of it . I told you that 5 of 14 was what the record states but we all know honestly that Peterman didn't stand a chance with a disgruntled line in front of him . Go ahead with  B. S. in dreamland. 

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I asked for honesty , apparently you are not  capable of it . I told you that 5 of 14 was what the record states but we all know honestly that Peterman didn't stand a chance with a disgruntled line in front of him . Go ahead with  B. S. in dreamland. 

What a bunch of nonsense excuse making that is nothing but a fairy tale. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

So, you're saying that Peterman can't lead his team? I wonder why the front line had so much distaste for him that they were willing to risk their careers and not do their job?

• Thank you (+1) 1