Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly, literally the same play except this time it was a scrub DB who couldn't catch.

Yup.

Almost makes me wonder if it was a test by Coach McDermott to see if Nasty Nate has improved any on that pass over the off season.  It was like the same exact play.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the dumbest thread in history.

I really don't understand how anyone has given Peterman this much thought as an NFL starter.

He's never going to be an NFL starter.

Gunslinger mentality + Weak a$$ NFL arm = No chance to be a viable NFL starting QB 

Honestly even last year when he was also a preseason hero I said his arm was too weak to be an NFL starting QB.

And then the Chargers half happened.

Please stop this nonsense. Keep him as a backup. He's fine riding the pine...

I think the Bills thought Allen would be fine as a starting QB the moment they drafted him considering the weak competition he was going against.

How has the OP not shut this down?

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeh preseason YPA may be the least meaningful stat for evaluating QBs like ever. For example, the top 5 leaders in 2018 preseason YPA are: 

(drumroll)...

1. Landry Jones (BOOM)

2. Marcus Mariota (represent!)

3. Taylor Heinicke...errr...

4. our very own- Nathan Peterman!!!

5. and whoever Nick Mullens is

CUZ PRESEASON YPA

?

Post Merger top 5 all time yards per attempt:

4 Steve Young+ 8.0 1985-1999 2TM
5 Kurt Warner+ 7.9 1998-2009 3TM
  Tony Romo 7.9 2004-2016 dal
  Aaron Rodgers 7.9 2005-2017 gnb
  Ben Roethlisberger 7.9 2004-2017

His 6 interceptions in just over 50 snaps really worries me. You can just say it was one game, but the other night I seen some scrub jump his route and almost have a pick 6. He played well in the Colts game and made some nice throw, but nobody had any grip so his passes were uncontested. 

Edited by BananaB

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who?

Man, I thought  McCarron would perform better than he did in the preseason games.  Thus far I am not impressed. 

Yep.

I had moderate hopes.

Not seeing it.

I know it's "just preseason" etc but I just was not seeing anything I like from him when he was out there.

Obviously I don't think np is the answer, regardless of how solid he's played this preseason, and am all in for Josh Allen, but I don't want him starting during the regular season until after the brutal dlines we have early season.

I know there are those that disagree with me, that the best QB should be out there, and I do see that pov, but I just don't want to see Allen killed, although he might be forced to start anyway, since I'm pretty sure that np and aj will get decimated against those same dlines, since they don't move anywhere as well as Allen.

It's a tough call, and I don't think I'd be upset with whichever way McD went.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is the dumbest thread in history.

I really don't understand how anyone has given Peterman this much thought as an NFL starter.

It’s actually really not that dumb. I would argue your take here is fairly ignorant. Your blinders are definitely up.  I really don’t want any part of peterman starting but after the first part of the preseason, with him getting plenty of first team reps and even a start, saying it’s the dumbest thread in history is honestly just really dumb on your part. 

You dont have to understand why anyone would give him this much thought as a starter but it’s fairly evident that the coach we’re all growing to love has differing opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s actually really not that dumb. I would argue your take here is fairly ignorant. Your blinders are definitely up.  I really don’t want any part of peterman starting but after the first part of the preseason, with him getting plenty of first team reps and even a start, saying it’s the dumbest thread in history is honestly just really dumb on your part. 

You dont have to understand why anyone would give him this much thought as a starter but it’s fairly evident that the coach we’re all growing to love has differing opinion. 

true that.

that is why there is an ignore feature.  to bypass the koolaid drinkers and (continuous mildly) insulting posts 

If you took all "personal feelings" out of the equation and factored in the concept that McDermott may not want to rush the rookie in (as seen by last season) then the (only) logical choices were McCarron and Peterman.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who?

Man, I thought  McCarron would perform better than he did in the preseason games.  Thus far I am not impressed. 

Yeah, there were people here that actually believed that McCarron was an upgrade from Tyrod. The league spoke pretty loudly on their thoughts about McCarron when he signed that tiny contract. Guys like Keenum, Bridgewater & McCown were paid way more to essentially do the same thing. There’s a decent chance that McCarron ends up getting traded to Seattle IMO.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, there were people here that actually believed that McCarron was an upgrade from Tyrod. The league spoke pretty loudly on their thoughts about McCarron when he signed that tiny contract. Guys like Keenum, Bridgewater & McCown were paid way more to essentially do the same thing. There’s a decent chance that McCarron ends up getting traded to Seattle IMO.

I would say "I hoped he was an upgrade".  but man  mind blown thus far. 

Seattle is looking for a backup as seen in the reports they wanted J. Brissett (sp?) 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I would say "I hoped he was an upgrade".  but man  mind blown thus far. 

Seattle is looking for a backup as seen in the reports they wanted J. Brissett (sp?) 

Yep, that’s what it sounds like. I could see the Bills trying to get Peterman or McCarron there for a 5th (or something like that). I don’t know how Seattle feels about those guys but it makes some sense. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, that’s what it sounds like. I could see the Bills trying to get Peterman or McCarron there for a 5th (or something like that). I don’t know how Seattle feels about those guys but it makes some sense. 

Hell, they got what like a 5th for Meh Cassel from Dallas? 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hell, they got what like a 5th for Meh Cassel from Dallas? 

It sounds like Seattle is pretty set on acquiring a guy. I’d pick up the phone if I were Beane. I’d tell them, “take your pick.” Allen is far enough along that they can keep 2 QBs. If they get out of the preseason healthy they can go Allen and a backup. There are enough good vets out there that you can add a guy in a pinch during the season if necessary. You can also take a young guy onto the PS if you want. This would allow the Bills to keep an extra player elsewhere that may play and get another pick. Just a thought at this point but it makes some sense.

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think at some point a.j. will either end up with the bucs or saints.

Those are both solid options as well!! The Saints fans will die though if there beloved Taysom Hill gets bumped down the depth chart.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It sounds like Seattle is pretty set on acquiring a guy. I’d pick up the phone if I were Beane. I’d tell them, “take your pick.” Allen is far enough along that they can keep 2 QBs. If they get out of the preseason healthy they can go Allen and a backup. There are enough good vets out there that you can add a guy in a pinch during the season if necessary. You can also take a young guy onto the PS if you want. This would allow the Bills to keep an extra player elsewhere that may play and get another pick. Just a thought at this point but it makes some sense.

Those are both solid options as well!! The Saints fans will die though if there beloved Taysom Hill gets bumped down the depth chart.

Heard a story that the JETS may be willing to trade Teddy B.   Another option for Seattle, but TB will want to go where he has a chance at being a starter.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Heard a story that the JETS may be willing to trade Teddy B.   Another option for Seattle, but TB will want to go where he has a chance at being a starter.

Yeah, Teddy looks like he’s back. If I were the Broncos I’d pick up the phone yesterday and make that call. I think that the Jets can get a 2 for him which will make him a GREAT signing from their standpoint. He has to get traded somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

true that.

that is why there is an ignore feature.  to bypass the koolaid drinkers and (continuous mildly) insulting posts 

If you took all "personal feelings" out of the equation and factored in the concept that McDermott may not want to rush the rookie in (as seen by last season) then the (only) logical choices were McCarron and Peterman.  

theres more than one logical choice here. its not just mcarron or Peterman. I don't buy in that the concept you mentioned is what they are following. IMO they'll start allen if/when they deem him fit no matter how quick or long that takes, and that's the boat i'm on. I don't care if its week 1 or week 10....

i believe Peterman is an option but i want no part of it. i have absolutely no faith in his game when the bullets start to fly. if they think the rookie is ready count me in on that one.

and FTR, while tranny is irritating, i find the "drinkers" a lot less annoying that the persistent pessimists.

Edited by Stank_Nasty