Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

53 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're delusional.

Peterman's 1st pass last night cemented the very fact that Peterman can NOT make all the NFL throws against NFL defenders.

Just as you've cemented the fact that you're quick to make the snarky comment.

Allen is the subject in that discussion, not Peterman.

Edited by BurpleBull

32 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Just as you've cemented the fact that you're quick to make the snarky comment.

Allen is the subject in that discussion, not Peterman.

Ah, my mistake. It's a thread about Peterman so that's the reason for that misread... and a misread it was.

Nonetheless, the fact that Peterman simply can't make all the NFL throws is exactly why I think he's a backup.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ah, my mistake. It's a thread about Peterman so that's the reason for that misread... and a misread it was.

Nonetheless, the fact that Peterman simply can't make all the NFL throws is exactly why I think he's a backup.

I think the fact that Peterman is 24 years-old vs. 27 years-old, no frills to his game, yet very solid, is exactly why people are quick to dismiss or downplay a solid showing from him.

Folks don't want there to be any challenge to Allen's throne...certainly not from another QB just two years his senior.

When would 9-10/ 116 yds 1 TD and 8-10/ 113 yds 1 TD performances be accepted as solid outings from anyone outside of Josh Allen?

If those stat lines came from an almost thirty-year-old, veteran 'bridge' QB, signed on a two-year deal.

When wouldn't they?

The answer is obvious.

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Allen had points scored on every drive. To say Peterman did better than Allen because he had bigger numbers when he was in twice as long and struggled frequently is a bit of a stretch.

I'll repost this from another thread.

Allen had 3 scoring drives last night? They started at the CLE 41 yard line on one of them and the BUF 44 yard line the other. They didn't exactly go real far those drives and got a field goal each time.

The touchdown drive by Allen should've resulted in a punt early in the drive too. Allen ran for only 3 yards on 3rd and 13 but Carl Nassib took a really bad penalty to give them a new set of downs. 

Peterman also had what would've been 3 scoring drives. The TD drive. Another where the backup kicker missed a field goal. And one where the game expired where Peterman took them from their own 33 yard line to the CLE 18 yard line.

Peterman averaged 11.3 per pass attempt. Allen 4.6. Peterman was more efficient.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

I'll repost this from another thread.

Allen had 3 scoring drives last night? They started at the CLE 41 yard line on one of them and the BUF 44 yard line the other. They didn't exactly go real far those drives and got a field goal each time.

The touchdown drive by Allen should've resulted in a punt early in the drive too. Allen ran for only 3 yards on 3rd and 13 but Carl Nassib took a really bad penalty to give them a new set of downs. 

Peterman also had what would've been 3 scoring drives. The TD drive. Another where the backup kicker missed a field goal. And one where the game expired where Peterman took them from their own 33 yard line to the CLE 18 yard line.

Peterman averaged 11.3 per pass attempt. Allen 4.6. Peterman was more efficient.

Exactly!

Nassib sacked Allen but it wasn't him with the penalty, it was another player on the line who got called for a 'hands to the face' penalty to a lineman.

If not for the penalty, the Bills' are punting and it's highly unlikely that anyone gets the chance to rave about a long scoring drive that Allen ended with a TD...at least not on that series.

Furthermore, on that drive although Allen made some nice completions, it was Marcus Murphy who accounted for much of the drive's yards.

Do you really think his anti-Peterman supporters haven't gone back to scrutinize the game and the numbers?

They have.

They just won't present any evidence that will take away from Allen's great, but somewhat of an illusion of a performance.

Edited by BurpleBull
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Exactly!

Nassib sacked Allen but it wasn't him with the penalty, it was another player on the line who got called for a 'hands to the face' penalty to a lineman.

If not for the penalty, the Bills' are punting and it's highly unlikely that anyone gets the chance to rave about a long scoring drive that Allen ended with a TD...at least not on that series.

Furthermore, on that drive although Allen made some nice completions, it was Marcus Murphy who accounted for much of the drive's yards.

Do you really think his anti-Peterman supporters people haven't gone back to scrutinize the game and the numbers?

They have.

They just won't present any evidence that will take away from Allen's great, but somewhat of an illusion of a performance.

a certain  poster who is anti nate, keeps screaming from the rooftops that nathan has not/cannot/never will handle any pressure. well there's a good article that talks about every throw being out in under two seconds.  kellythepooch....pay attention here. UNDER 2 SECONDS.... if our line is so bad....you get where i'm going i hope.

also, there's another anti-nate narrative that he's a rhythm passer, a timing/system guy.....well duh and that seems to work for some guys quite well......brady, brees .....

i know josh is THE guy, but he's a rookie that we can afford to not start right away.

....doubt it would happen, and I'm not sure if I would favor it, so here goes with the hypothetical.....pretty much a well discussed given that the offense stalled out early on versus Cleveland....if, IF the Ravens game was very similar with Peterman at the helm, would you as HC pick up the bullpen phone and summon Allen?.....good move?.. bad move?.. risky move this early on?... a Peterman confidence shaker?......thoughts?........

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....doubt it would happen, and I'm not sure if I would favor it, so here goes with the hypothetical.....pretty much a well discussed given that the offense stalled out early on versus Cleveland....if, IF the Ravens game was very similar with Peterman at the helm, would you as HC pick up the bullpen phone and summon Allen?.....good move?.. bad move?.. risky move this early on?... a Peterman confidence shaker?......thoughts?........

You would have to make that move. It would be similar to the texans last year with tom savage. 

Regarding a peterman confidence shaker, after the chargers game last year I wouldnt worry about it

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

You would have to make that move. It would be similar to the texans last year with tom savage. 

Regarding a peterman confidence shaker, after the chargers game last year I wouldnt worry about it

...think that is one reason why I like this kid....pretty resilient after that mess.....comes back with his nose to the grindstone, appears to be working his tail off to get better and despite it being practice/pre-season, has produced some pretty positive results...BTW, I would not be in favor of a "quick hook"......if the game was definitely out of reach, that is a different story IMO...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I think the fact that Peterman is 24 years-old vs. 27 years-old, no frills to his game, yet very solid, is exactly why people are quick to dismiss or downplay a solid showing from him.

Folks don't want there to be any challenge to Allen's throne...certainly not from another QB just two years his senior.

When would 9-10/ 116 yds 1 TD and 8-10/ 113 yds 1 TD performances be accepted as solid outings from anyone outside of Josh Allen?

If those stat lines came from an almost thirty-year-old, veteran 'bridge' QB, signed on a two-year deal.

When wouldn't they?

The answer is obvious.

24 vs 27??? :huh:

Okay... Allen is 22 vs 24, and he's already better than the 24 year old who has a year on him in the NFL.

Peterman's stats are are a fantastic example of why stats lie. His arm strength hasn't significantly improved, if it's improved at all, over last year. Without an absolutely dominant OL, Peterman will end up just getting eaten alive.

He's generally done what he's been asked to do, but he's not being asked to do much at all, whereas level of difficulty for Allen has been higher and he's been successful.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

24 vs 27??? :huh:

Okay... Allen is 22 vs 24, and he's already better than the 24 year old who has a year on him in the NFL.

Peterman's stats are are a fantastic example of why stats lie. His arm strength hasn't significantly improved, if it's improved at all, over last year. Without an absolutely dominant OL, Peterman will end up just getting eaten alive.

He's generally done what he's been asked to do, but he's not being asked to do much at all, whereas level of difficulty for Allen has been higher and he's been successful.

He was referring to the ages of Peterman and AJM.

How do you know what Peterman has or hasn’t been asked to do in comparison to Allen? Seems like you’re just speculating in an attempt to prop Allen up on some higher pedestal. Isn’t this speculative and conjecture stuff the kind of nonsense you would criticize so many people for doing to Tyrod? 

We all know Allen is the future. I don’t get why you feel the need to fight over scrubs like Peterman. Don’t be so insecure.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:
  1. Peterman has a mediocre arm
  2. He has zero presence on the field. Every def coordinator would love to play him
  3. His mobility in the pocket is limited
  4. He panics and leaves the pocket at the first sign of trouble.  
  5. He telegraphs his passes

He has no strengths. 

I'm probably described as a "Nate Hater," (because I sorta am...) but there's a lot wrong with this post. I'm not even sure what "zero presence on the field" means. I also question him having limited mobility in the pocket (outside the pocket, sure).And,  I definitely do not think he telegraphs his passes. In fact, I think the opposite is one of his strengths.

Finally, to say "he has no strengths" is absurd. He has several that even his biggest detractors acknowledge.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm probably described as a "Nate Hater," (because I sorta am...) but there's a lot wrong with this post. I'm not even sure what "zero presence on the field" means. I also question him having limited mobility in the pocket (outside the pocket, sure).And,  I definitely do not think he telegraphs his passes. In fact, I think the opposite is one of his strengths.

Finally, to say "he has no strengths" is absurd. He has several that even his biggest detractors acknowledge.

If he is the Bills starter, there is no question he will be the worst starting QB in the NFL week 1.  No one else is as close to as bad. 

By no presence, I mean he establishes zero fear in a single defender. No defense in the NFL needs to adjust any aspect of their game to account for him.  He is not an NFL starting caliber QB. 

Name one thing he does that is above average among NFL starting QBs.  If you are below average at something, it is not a strength.  Nothing he does is above average.  Therefore nothing is a strength. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease