Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

9 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

What's the meaning of it?

Those are rookie numbers. Nothing there that leads me to believe that the LAC game had a lasting negative impact on him.

Coming into a playoff game and fumbling, causing a penalty, and throwing a pick in a span of 4 plays looked like either lasting negative or more of the same negative.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Not sure why people think McCarron has the best chance, dude started 3  games. Is he some Wiley veteran after those games? This is Allen's job to lose imo. He has to beat out 2 noodle armed QBs.

I don't know.  Based on everything I've read, seen, heard, and watched Josh do in college games points to him being a Project (note the capital P).  He should be treated as such.  What's the big hurry?  The kid will soon be under contract for 4 or 5 years. He ain't goin' anywhere. 

I kind of think that as long as AJ doesn't out and out stink, they'll follow the process and let the kid learn from film and practice until he's ready.

17 hours ago, mileena said:

Peterman is a BUST. You don't recover from throwing 5 interceptions in your first start.

His first game in college was similar and he still had a productive college career. You guys give up to early on QBs. Some QBs take longer to develop than others. You know Troy Aikmans first year in the pros,  Dallas only won one game that year and that game Aikman didn't even play. He was 0 for 11 as a starter that year  and had only 9 tds and 18 int.  And second year wasn't much better 11 tds and 18 int. I not saying Petterson is Aikman, but if Aikman was in Buffalo  his rookie year , you guys would be calling him a bust and  there would be a thousand replies on why we should be getting rid of him. What I'm trying to say you can't judge a guy after one or two games. I don't care if he is first rd or 5th rd. You got give him longer time. Maybe he works out  or maybe he won't. We got Allen know and maybe he starts out like Aikman .  If he does, I hope you'll give him more time to develope before your ready to kick him to the curve.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hanoverbills said:

His first game in college was similar and he still had a productive college career. You guys give up to early on QBs. Some QBs take longer to develop than others. You know Troy Aikmans first year in the pros,  Dallas only won one game that year and that game Aikman didn't even play. He was 0 for 11 as a starter that year  and had only 9 tds and 18 int.  And second year wasn't much better 11 tds and 18 int. I not saying Petterson is Aikman, but if Aikman was in Buffalo  his rookie year , you guys would be calling him a bust and  there would be a thousand replies on why we should be getting rid of him. What I'm trying to say you can't judge a guy after one or two games. I don't care if he is first rd or 5th rd. You got give him longer time. Maybe he works out  or maybe he won't. We got Allen know and maybe he starts out like Aikman .  If he does, I hope you'll give him more time to develope before your ready to kick him to the curve.

Oh...just wait until Allen has his first multi-interception game, with no TDs, in a losing effort.

The same using Allen's upside to throw shade at Peterman and this thread will be the same ones professing that the FO got the draft wrong with the first pick.

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Oh just wait until Allen has his first multi-interception game.

The same using Allen's upside to throw shade at Peterman and this thread will be the same ones professing that the FO got the draft wrong with the first pick.

I won’t. I’m on record as saying that guys with more talent get more chances. There’s a reason that Jeff Tuel started 1 game and JP Losman started 33. Neither was very good but you are going to give a longer leash to a guy with ability. Someone referenced Troy Aikman above. He was the 1st overall pick!! Josh Allen will be given a lot more chances than Nathan Peterman will be. That’s the difference between the 7th pick and the 191st pick.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Oh...just wait until Allen has his first multi-interception game, with no TDs, in a losing effort.

I think we have a crystal clear understanding of your agenda. Between the bolded statement above, and your admission that you were predicting the Bills would draft Peterman, you have pretty much shown your hand. 

I mentioned earlier that this reminded me of the EJ debate. But, the EJ fanatics had a lot more to go on than you. Don’t expect a lot of company on your crusade, which I predict will be short-lived. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

Well in Petermans case hes pretty much seen the worst hes going to see as a rookie. 

If hes has any good QB in him he will take last year as a learning experience and grow from it. He wasnt some 8 year vet playing like that. He was a rookie. Rookies learn and usually end up getting better....how much better is up to him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Well in Petermans case hes pretty much seen the worst hes going to see as a rookie. 

If hes has any good QB in him he will take last year as a learning experience and grow from it. He wasnt some 8 year vet playing like that. He was a rookie. Rookies learn and usually end up getting better....how much better is up to him.

They do?  

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They do?  

uhhh yeah. literally just by adjusting to NFL level physicality a rookie has improved from his rookie year.

there are many different levels of improvement. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ramza86 said:

uhhh yeah. literally just by adjusting to NFL level physicality a rookie has improved from his rookie year.

there are many different levels of improvement. 

Plenty of late round picks get cut and bounce around the league after initially making it.  Not sure how you can justify that statement. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Plenty of late round picks get cut and bounce around the league after initially making it.  Not sure how you can justify that statement. 

Better player doesnt mean good enough player. 

Peterman's career is done. It's over. You never recover from throwing 5 picks in one half, even a seasoned veteran. Mentally, the effects are devastating. Jay Schroeder, a Pro Bowl QB, threw 5 picks in the 1990 AFC Championship vs Buffalo, and he never recovered. Went from a career high 90.8 QB rating that year to 71.4 in 1991 and never higher again.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SchrJa00.htm

9 minutes ago, mileena said:

Peterman's career is done. It's over. You never recover from throwing 5 picks in one half, even a seasoned veteran. Mentally, the effects are devastating. Jay Schroeder, a Pro Bowl QB, threw 5 picks in the 1990 AFC Championship vs Buffalo, and he never recovered. Went from a career high 90.8 QB rating that year to 71.4 in 1991 and never higher again.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SchrJa00.htm

lol, its not likely peterman will recover...but thats on the individual, we cant just say anyone who throws 5 picks is done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ramza86 said:

lol, its not likely peterman will recover...but thats on the individual, we cant just say anyone who throws 5 picks is done.

That^.

Anyone who does research will tell you 5 INTs have been thrown by multiple HOF QB’s

It does come down to the individual.