Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Yup and had it "simply" been McCarron's day to take 1st team reps on the 1st day of media accessible OTAs, you along with other the posters who think Peterman starting Week 1an unfathomable possibility, would have no doubt attempted to use it against this thread as a sign that coaches think far less of Peterman than I do.

But since Peterman got all the 1st team reps today, let's just downplay it to mean nothing more than simple alternating of 1st team reps between Peterman and McCarron.

You're right. It means everything. Cling on!

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Way to bow out. Much appreciated.

Glad you catch my drift.

There is no drift to catch.  You want to assign some significant meaning to the meaningless on May 24th in the 1st week of OTAs, then knock yourself out. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is no drift to catch.  You want to assign some significant meaning to the meaningless on May 24th in the 1st week of OTAs, then knock yourself out. 

Like I said, if McCarron's the one getting all of the 1st team reps today you're singing a different tune.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/05/4c1b98e1889388/buffalo_bills_otas_2018_josh_a.html

"How did Peterman look?

Sean McDermott has a made a point that the rookies are going to earn it. Maybe that's why he had Allen with the third team while McCarron and Peterman rotated with the first team. Peterman was the first one to take reps, while McCarron jumped in second. The Bills spent a lot of time working on the running game and play action passing early in the practice. In total, Peterman threw 14 passes. By my count, he went 10-14 with an interception. The interception was a high pass that bounced off the hands of Nick O'Leary before Jordan Poyer snagged the pick. Missing passes high continues to be an issue for Peterman."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/5-things-we-learned-from-Week-1-of-OTAs/612c9891-cfbe-4fb7-a6d4-3055992a2bd7

What's it like rotating with AJ and Peterman?

1 – Receivers focused on making plays, not QB rotation

Right now, it’s of no concern to top wideout Kelvin Benjaminicon-article-link.gif, even if the chemistry is not there yet.

“I’ve always prided myself on catching any ball from any quarterback,” he said. “That was one of the reasons that Carolina drafted me. I can catch an inaccurate ball. So I’m always going to be there to catch the ball no matter who is throwing it.”

Wonder if he meant both, or which one

5 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Meaning Nick O'Leary could have/ should have caught the pass, correct?

Sarcastic response: Yeah, that's what it means.  Every receiver or TE should be able to haul in every pass

Realistic response: Depends on exactly how high and exactly where the pass was.  If a pass is thrown in an awkward place where the WR has to reach for it and where if he fails to haul it in, the DB has an easy play, welp then.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was simply Peterman's day to take 1st team reps as he's been alternating with AJM on a daily basis.   Not much to it at this early stage of OTAs.

According to several reports, it wasn't even "Peterman's day to take 1st team reps".  Peterman and AJ both took 1st team reps.  Peterman simply went first.

" McCarron and Peterman rotated with the first team" " Peterman was the first one to take (first team) reps, while McCarron jumped in second."

On 5/21/2018 at 6:21 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

LAMP. There is nothing to base this on. 

Not just an ordinary LAMP, but one with very low wattage and belonging in a van down by the river.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/5-things-we-learned-from-Week-1-of-OTAs/612c9891-cfbe-4fb7-a6d4-3055992a2bd7

Right now, it’s of no concern to top wideout Kelvin Benjaminicon-article-link.gif, even if the chemistry is not there yet.

“I’ve always prided myself on catching any ball from any quarterback,” he said. “That was one of the reasons that Carolina drafted me. I can catch an inaccurate ball. So I’m always going to be there to catch the ball no matter who is throwing it.”

Did Cam Newton see this?? ?

CapObvious.jpg.0ef23a2329473da7b7d36c3a00c3d746.jpg

On 5/21/2018 at 6:58 PM, keepthefaith said:

It'll be tough for Nate to beat AJ for the starting job unless AJ gets hurt IMO, but I do think Nate will be a starter in the league at some point in his career, not likely in Buffalo though.  Obviously the SD game last year will be hard to overcome in the minds of many including the coaches.  He'll have to have some period of sustained improvement before people will have confidence in him and if you don't play it's hard to demonstrate that, but I think he'll get his chance somewhere at some point. 

Josh waiting a year is not a bad thing. 

42 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

Edited by BuffaninATL
failed copy/paste w/ iphone

23 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

If he is successful at adding velocity to his throws the way he's set out to do, he will be significantly better because I too believe his ball placement is very good when having time to set and throw.

In college he was very good at throwing his receivers open.

No reason to believe that with more work on his mechanics and more confidence entering year two, that this ability isn't put on display more often than in his rookie campaign.

I agree with your last sentence completely.

Expect him improve in every facet of the game. Thats how the NFL works.

Bills had yet to toss him aside so he must be improving post Chargers game.

How much is enough? I don't feel his ceiling is high and he might become a solid back up. But i feel AJ's ceiling might be the same. ( I have no solid opinion yet )

its all about waiting for Allen.
I dont mind which guys starts if it is between  Mc and Peterman.
Better have a strong run game  and good PP.

wish them all well. Because if they improve ?  Madden Team factor goes up 1-5 pts.

7 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If this is truly and open competition I'll be worried if Allen can't beat out Peterman for 2nd string. Now if McDermott is dead set against starting Allen at any point this season regardless of circumstance that would be different.

It's open competition (right now) between AJ and Nate for a shot at #1.  They have Josh at #3 (which I really like) to start.

I would guess by the end of OTAs/MiniCamp a #1 will be selected.  I personally think AJ will get it but you never know.

Josh will be working with the 3's and sometimes the 2's and will compete with the loser for #2.

If Josh can keep improving as a #2 he will get some #1 reps during camp.  I think this is the right way to bring him around.

The other advantage is Josh gets to have time with all the players at all the levels.  I like that, it's good for his personal development.

Like you said, this could be "over ruled" if they are dead set against Josh starting anytime during the season ( I would say not until later in the season).

Edited by ColoradoBills

10 hours ago, GG said:

Pats* of course.

awesome !

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Stop trying to  make Peterman happen.  Peterman is NEVER going to happen.

You have a very tightly closed mind.

You should try some Lsd.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/05/4c1b98e1889388/buffalo_bills_otas_2018_josh_a.html

"How did Peterman look?

Sean McDermott has a made a point that the rookies are going to earn it. Maybe that's why he had Allen with the third team while McCarron and Peterman rotated with the first team. Peterman was the first one to take reps, while McCarron jumped in second. The Bills spent a lot of time working on the running game and play action passing early in the practice. In total, Peterman threw 14 passes. By my count, he went 10-14 with an interception. The interception was a high pass that bounced off the hands of Nick O'Leary before Jordan Poyer snagged the pick. Missing passes high continues to be an issue for Peterman."

Sarcastic response: Yeah, that's what it means.  Every receiver or TE should be able to haul in every pass

Realistic response: Depends on exactly how high and exactly where the pass was.  If a pass is thrown in an awkward place where the WR has to reach for it and where if he fails to haul it in, the DB has an easy play, welp then.

According to several reports, it wasn't even "Peterman's day to take 1st team reps".  Peterman and AJ both took 1st team reps.  Peterman simply went first.

" McCarron and Peterman rotated with the first team" " Peterman was the first one to take (first team) reps, while McCarron jumped in second."

My guess is that all ten Peterman completions were of the unimpressive, dink-and-dunk variety.

from BuffaloBills.com

"Benjamin's best play on Thursday came on a play down the seam with Peterman hitting him in stride as he went straight up the field after the catch for what would've been a 20-yard pass play".

Don't feel we'll be getting balanced performance reporting from posters in here. 

Peterman threw a pass too high that turned into a pick and McCarron's stat line was too unimpressive to be recorded or noted apparently.

If it's not a McCarron sexy girlfriend sighting, or a sexy Josh Allen throw, I don't know that it's getting reported on in Twitterverse or in here.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bitching about camp.   It’s been a long offseason and we still have months to go.   

Forget the who sucks trash and get behind all of them.  

Their success is our success! 

Agreed.

May the man best suited to lead win.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you hope Allen is ready to start the year. 

Allen is the future of the Bills obviously, but realistically, this is a two-man battle between A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman for starter of this season.

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Allen is the future of the Bills obviously, but realistically, this is a two-man battle between A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman for starter of this season.

No, it’s definitely not. I’d be happy to make a friendly wager, you take Peterman, I get Allen and it’s a push if McCarron starts. You name the stakes...

I hope that the best QB in camp wins the job and that McD doesn't sit Allen just for the sake of sitting his rookie QB.

I think there is a 55% chance that Allen wins the QB starting job, a 35% chance that McCarron wins it and 10% Peterman.

I don't discount Peterman because I don't think he is nearly as bad as his reputation from the peanut gallery but in all honesty, he is probably on the outside looking in.  I do believe he will be given a fair chance but he faces a very uphill battle because his physical tools are the lesser of the three.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

IMO, I think Plan A is between Peterman and McCarron.  But if Allen just shows out in camp, he can have the coaching staff scratch plan A.

It's not Allen's job to lose but I think he can absolutely win it.  

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, it’s definitely not. I’d be happy to make a friendly wager, you take Peterman, I get Allen and it’s a push if McCarron starts. You name the stakes...

Alright.

Let me come up with something and I'll get back to you.