Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

9 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Exactly. The thread itself is 100% troll. He just sits back and laughs at the replies, stoking it here & there for maximum entertainment.

Possibly, but these types of trolling threads are pushed to him by his overlords, so he can push them to websites he frequents. Nothing he posts is an original thought, but rather the same questions and stories you see all over social media by people like himself trying to earn his next Land Rover payment.

In the process, however, he helps show everyone how devoid of common sense the left is. He asks why the government is separating families because he'll never be smart enough to ask the correct question, which is "Why are parents damaging their children by bringing them to a border where they know they will be separated?"

Meanwhile, middle America isn't filled with the lazy POS uneducated dolts the DNC says they are, so it has the opposite long-term effect of making more Americans turn away from  Democrats, which becomes yet another thing the left is simply not smart enough to discern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, OJABBA said:

They know what will happen at the border. They know the laws will  be enforced. It's not a secret.

Yet they keep dragging their kids to the border.

Good point. They are the ones that should have the light shone on them for being irresponsible and cruel

36 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Possibly, but these types of trolling threads are pushed to him by his overlords, so he can push them to websites he frequents. Nothing he posts is an original thought, but rather the same questions and stories you see all over social media by people like himself trying to earn his next Land Rover payment.

In the process, however, he helps show everyone how devoid of common sense the left is. He asks why the government is separating families because he'll never be smart enough to ask the correct question, which is "Why are parents damaging their children by bringing them to a border where they know they will be separated?"

Meanwhile, middle America isn't filled with the lazy POS uneducated dolts the DNC says they are, so it has the opposite long-term effect of making more Americans turn away from  Democrats, which becomes yet another thing the left is simply not smart enough to discern.

I'm familiar with the theory that he's posting propaganda in return for a spiffy new Land Rover,  but if that was the case then he could just be a left-wing B-Man* and post the propaganda without encouraging arguments or stringing people along, something at which he's proven to be skillful. 

Although I have no doubt that he's a partisan, I seriously doubt that he believes everything he posts. Despite that I've had him on ignore for a couple years by now, I still get treated to a large portion of his work through all the people who quote him, and I can tell you that from the spectator's point of view, he looks more like a puppeteer than a propagandist.

Except that he doesn't need to pull any strings, only set the stage and sit back and laugh.

* Not calling you a propagandist, B-Man. Just referencing your habit of linking a lot of articles.  :beer:

Edited by Azalin

I can't believe they separated OJ from his children.  Miscarriage of justice.

6 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm familiar with the theory that he's posting propaganda in return for a spiffy new Land Rover,  but if that was the case then he could just be a left-wing B-Man* and post the propaganda without encouraging arguments or stringing people along, something at which he's proven to be skillful. 

Although I have no doubt that he's a partisan, I seriously doubt that he believes everything he posts. Despite that I've had him on ignore for a couple years by now, I still get treated to a large portion of his work through all the people who quote him, and I can tell you that from the spectator's point of view, he looks more like a puppeteer than a propagandist.

Except that he doesn't need to pull any strings, only set the stage and sit back and laugh.

* Not calling you a propagandist, B-Man. Just referencing your habit of linking a lot of articles.  :beer:

What Gator does takes no skill at all.

"I was only pretending to be retarded!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

What Gator does takes no skill at all.

It seems to me that those that ignore him are the ones saying "%#$@ off, retard" and the ones replying are being played by someone with "no skill at all".

51 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It seems to me that those that ignore him are the ones saying "%#$@ off, retard" and the ones replying are being played by someone with "no skill at all".

I can understand that argument.

Even if gator is mostly or entirely trolling, there are undoubtedly tens of thousands of other idiots who do actually believe his nonsense.  And thus demonstrating his idiocy serves to educate those who would believe in his message.  Gator, knowingly or not, is unsalvageable.  But those who march under his standard are not.

Edited by BringBackOrton

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I can understand that argument.

Even if gator is mostly or entirely trolling, there are undoubtedly tens of thousands of other idiots who do actually believe his nonsense.  And thus demonstrating his idiocy serves to educate those who would believe in his message.  Gator, knowingly or not, is unsalvageable.  But those who march under his standard are not.

Forgive me for my impertinence but who the hell is short enough to walk under gator's standard?

3 hours ago, Azalin said:

Exactly. The thread itself is 100% troll. He just sits back and laughs at the replies, stoking it here & there for maximum entertainment.

The original post is 100% troll.  The thread itself has some surprisingly reasonable discussion.

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Absolutely, there are indeed an awful lot of people who are rabid partisans, on both the left and the right, who are either too stubborn or too stupid to see anything from a different point of view, especially one from an opposing philosophy. I don't think there's any question that's what Gator's deal is. But there's more to it than that.

Years ago when I was a cook, the restaurant where I worked at the time featured a number of items that were topped or garnished with finely sliced scallions. One prep cook insisted on calling them chives all the time. I would correct him every time he did, until it occurred to me that the only reason he called them chives was because he knew I'd react to it. Once I started asking him for chives, he laughed, acknowledged that he had been messing with me, and went on and found a new victim. He was only doing it to entertain himself, and once I figured that out, he stopped.

It's the same thing here. He may be an unsalvageable idiot (in which case why does anyone bother?) but he's mostly just calling scallions chives. 

53 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The original post is 100% troll.  The thread itself has some surprisingly reasonable discussion.

Yes. I should have phrased it that way.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Absolutely, there are indeed an awful lot of people who are rabid partisans, on both the left and the right, who are either too stubborn or too stupid to see anything from a different point of view, especially one from an opposing philosophy. I don't think there's any question that's what Gator's deal is. But there's more to it than that.

Years ago when I was a cook, the restaurant where I worked at the time featured a number of items that were topped or garnished with finely sliced scallions. One prep cook insisted on calling them chives all the time. I would correct him every time he did, until it occurred to me that the only reason he called them chives was because he knew I'd react to it. Once I started asking him for chives, he laughed, acknowledged that he had been messing with me, and went on and found a new victim. He was only doing it to entertain himself, and once I figured that out, he stopped.

It's the same thing here. He may be an unsalvageable idiot (in which case why does anyone bother?) but he's mostly just calling scallions chives. 

Yes. I should have phrased it that way.

:beer:

Today I learned McDonald's serves items topped with scallions.

?

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Forgive me for my impertinence but who the hell is short enough to walk under gator's standard?

Is gator an angry far left liberal white female does anyone know

he/she reminds me so much of one i know

8 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Today I learned McDonald's serves items topped with scallions.

?

No, that's chopped white/yellow onions. There's a difference.

Make light of it as you will, I believe my point still stands.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m hearing in this thread that if an American is convicted of a crime that American is separated from his/her family.

I challenge anyone here to link an instance where the child of a convicted American offender is put in a cage.

Do it. Link it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

I’m hearing in this thread that if an American is convicted of a crime that American is separated from his/her family.

I challenge anyone here to link an instance where the child of a convicted American offender is put in a cage.

Do it. Link it.

I'm hearing hysterical ranting from someone who is losing.

“I recognize that people should not break the law, but there’s a lot of desperate people that want to enter this country and we have to take a humane approach to those people.”

- Anthony Scaramucci

On Saturday he tweeted, "Separating innocent children from their families is not the Christian way, the American way, nor what @POTUS wants. Congress must act to stop this madness."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/17/scaramucci-sees-family-separations-as-potential-pitfall-for-trump.html

But have a Happy Fathers Day