Summit Predictions

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Using liberal values yes I do because the end justifies the means.  You can understand that, right? 

So that's a yes, with a lame excuse of blaming the patriotic 

God Bless America! Not Russia 

i predict...... Trump will say something silly and the media will go BERZERK for 36 hours or so

and it meant absolutely nothing.... and the next time is coming in a day or two..

and they will never learn....

ANGELO CODEVILLA: Diplomacy 101 vs. Politics Writ Small.

The high professional quality of Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin’s performance at their Monday press conference in Helsinki contrasts sharply with the obloquy by which the bipartisan U.S. ruling class showcases its willful incompetence.

Though I voted for Trump, I’ve never been a fan of his and I am not one now. But, having taught diplomacy for many years, I would choose the Trump-Putin press conference as an exemplar of how these things should be done. Both spoke with the frankness and specificity of serious business. This performance rates an A+.

Well. A performance depends on its intended audience. If the intended audience was the U.S. political class, then Trump gets an F. So who was Trump’s (and Putin’s) intended audience. Audiences?

Roger Kimball writes: What Critics Missed About the Trump-Putin Summit.

As becomes more and more clear as the first Trump Administration evolves, this president is someone who is willing, nay eager, to challenge the bureaucratic status quo, on domestic issues as well as in foreign policy.

Trump inherited a world order on the international front that was constructed in the immediate aftermath of World War II and has subsequently amassed a thick, barnacle-like carapace of bureaucratic procedures. Perhaps those procedures and the institutions that deploy them continue to serve American interests. But what if they don’t?

Even NeverTrumper Eric Erickson writes: Remember, Trump’s Policies Against Russia Have Been Tougher Than Obama’s.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I have a question. Do you agree that it was a good thing Russia helped Trump beat Hillary?

Tibs, when did you stop beating your wife and raping your kids?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

(There is satellite imagery in the post)

North Korea Begins Dismantling Key Facilities at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station

In an important first step towards fulfilling a commitment made by Kim Jong Un at the June 12 Singapore Summit, new commercial satellite imagery of the Sohae Satellite Launching Station (North Korea’s main satellite launch facility since 2012) indicates that the North has begun dismantling key facilities. Most notably, these include the rail-mounted processing building—where space launch vehicles are prepared before moving them to the launch pad—and the nearby rocket engine test stand used to develop liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space launch vehicles. Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence-building measure on the part of North Korea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he’s alarmed he was snookered, he’s right to be. “Trump seems to be learning, the hard way, that epic peace deals with foreign leaders work a lot better when those deals actually exist before celebrating or trying to implement them. North Korea has been blowing the U.S. off since the summit, leaving denuclearization negotiations at a standstill, and the impatient Trump has been fuming at aides about it.” He was an easy mark.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If he’s alarmed he was snookered, he’s right to be. “Trump seems to be learning, the hard way, that epic peace deals with foreign leaders work a lot better when those deals actually exist before celebrating or trying to implement them. North Korea has been blowing the U.S. off since the summit, leaving denuclearization negotiations at a standstill, and the impatient Trump has been fuming at aides about it.” He was an easy mark.

What communist paper did you dig this trash from? Lol

You've got to try a little harder next time. ?

4 minutes ago, westside said:

What communist paper did you dig this trash from? Lol

You've got to try a little harder next time. ?

Looking at the time stamp it was written early Monday morning, and most likely before the article Buffalo Gal posted, or at least was posted before that article was. Looks to me like they jumped the gun lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Looking at the time stamp it was written early Monday morning, and most likely before the article Buffalo Gal posted, or at least was posted before that article was. Looks to me like they jumped the gun lol

As usual. Truth be damned when you have a President to impeach!

How much lower can the left go?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

(There is satellite imagery in the post)

North Korea Begins Dismantling Key Facilities at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station

In an important first step towards fulfilling a commitment made by Kim Jong Un at the June 12 Singapore Summit, new commercial satellite imagery of the Sohae Satellite Launching Station (North Korea’s main satellite launch facility since 2012) indicates that the North has begun dismantling key facilities. Most notably, these include the rail-mounted processing building—where space launch vehicles are prepared before moving them to the launch pad—and the nearby rocket engine test stand used to develop liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space launch vehicles. Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North’s intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence-building measure on the part of North Korea.

Poppycock! All they did was put those photos in reverse order. They actually show that rocket site being assembled - not dismantled! #NEVERTRUMP/#RESIST/#HILLARYWONTHEPOPULARVOTE/#AMATEURDIPLOMAT/#HE'SGOINGTOFIREMUELLER

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, westside said:

As usual. Truth be damned when you have a President to impeach!

How much lower can the left go?

Impeach? That can't happen, so might as well just leave him there to help Dems win and win some more. 

NK not only has not returned remains of soldiers, but they stood up Trump for the negotiations. Played 

I see that mentally ill libs want NK to succeed and the USA to fail only to rationalize their hate for Trump.

Americans who would rather see Trump fail and NK to succeed are disgusting right down to the core.

But it's just another day in paradise, isn't it?

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

I see that mentally ill libs want NK to succeed and the USA to fail only to rationalize their hate for Trump.

Americans who would rather see Trump fail and NK to succeed are disgusting right down to the core.

But it's just another day in paradise, isn't it?

But Trump is a traitor and a Russian puppet.  Therefore, he is un-American.  Therefore, it is truly patriotic to want Trump to fail.  If, in doing so, he brings down the entire country...well, we have to destroy the country to save it, then.  

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But Trump is a traitor and a Russian puppet.  Therefore, he is un-American.  Therefore, it is truly patriotic to want Trump to fail.  If, in doing so, he brings down the entire country...well, we have to destroy the country to save it, then.  

Unfortunately, there are many brain dead Americans that feel this way.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Unfortunately, there are many brain dead Americans that feel this way.

I feel like those specific Americans...the ones who see Trump as a traitor, etc....are predictably left leaning.These are the same people convinced that Stormy Daniels will somehow manage to cornhole her way past the Cindy Sheehan Bar for Chicks the Left Likes To Wave Around Because They Are Unable to Create Their Own Message.

The rest of America is tired of their noise. The right has been tired of their noise for years, but the rest of America, who tries to avoid discussing this stuff 24/7, is most assuredly tired of their idiocy. That part of America doesn't really know or care about the minutia. They know the impeachment/treason stupidity is just that...stupidity. 

They also know that nutbags in masks are holding up traffic on their way to work, and that Facebook is unbearable, and that common sense would easily dictate that the problems that come from a porous border are bad, predictable and completely avoidable.

The left is on the losing side of history right now. It will undoubtedly change. And the right will return to looking like a meandering mess.

But the left is losing because they've pissed off the people who have always followed them, and they literally have no message beyond "OMG, Trump is an idiot!! OMG!!!"

You can find all kinds of things wrong with the left, but their biggest problem is that they can't stop melting down long enough to come up with a coherent message that will get people to take them seriously again.

These could be the coolest mid-terms ever.

Was this what Trump and Putin were talking about? We will probably never know I guess

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-hackers-new-target-a-vulnerable-democratic-senator?ref=home

The Russian intelligence agency behind the 2016 election cyberattacks targeted Sen. Claire McCaskill as she began her 2018 re-election campaign in earnest, a Daily Beast forensic analysis reveals. That makes the Missouri Democrat the first identified target of the Kremlin’s 2018 election interference.

McCaskill, who has been highly critical of Russia over the years, is widely considered to be among the most vulnerable Senate Democrats facing re-election this year as Republicans hope to hold their slim majority in the Senate. In 2016, President Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by almost 20 points in the senator’s home state of Missouri.

There’s no evidence to suggest that this particular attack was successful.  Asked about the hack attempt by Russia’s GRU intelligence agency, McCaskill told The Daily Beast on Thursday that she wasn’t yet prepared to discuss it.

“I’m not going to speak of it right now,” she said. “I think we’ll have something on it next week. I’m not going to speak about it right now. I can’t confirm or do anything about it right now.”

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Was this what Trump and Putin were talking about? We will probably never know I guess

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-hackers-new-target-a-vulnerable-democratic-senator?ref=home

Well, gotta set up the excuses for losing early. It's not like she can possibly lose because she's not representing her state to her constituent's satisfaction.

• Like (+1) 1