Summit Predictions

and almost right on cue, it's laughable

image.thumb.png.f8c79ce4ef95cf668c022000105e3ca9.png

7 hours ago, The Poojer said:

I find it very amusing that NKorea or Summit or Denuclearization aren't trending on Twitter today, I would bet that when the Presidents Twitter account misspelled the first lady's name, that trended, but not the events of today.....

image.thumb.png.92eb4abfe245f85c98ffae8c158f437c.png

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why is that racist?

You aren’t allowed to criticize non whites in this country under any circumstances.

The word racist is so overused these days and the word “racist” has ZERO meaning to me and any other person with a brain in their heads.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

You aren’t allowed to criticize non whites in this country under any circumstances.

The word racist is so overused these days and the word “racist” has ZERO meaning to me and any other person with a brain in their heads.

That's racist.

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

and then there's this ...lord this is funny even if all chopped up

You know, I have 2 points here.

1.  It's funny as hell that you posted this while concurrently complaining other posters keep trying to tie today's events to Obama.

2.  As a centrist, I was happy when Obama discussed being willing to sit down with Iranian and DPRK leaders.  As the world superpower, should we lord over other countries or be  magnanimous enough to take chances in hopes of spurring resolutions?  Funny Trump never talked about it during the election, just went and did it.  Part of why Obama was such a massive disappointment.  

15 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

You know, I have 2 points here.

1.  It's funny as hell that you posted this while concurrently complaining other posters keep trying to tie today's events to Obama.

Because its freaking funny..if you cant see the humor in it, i don't know what to tell ya.

Lord, so many of you must be barrels of laughs at parties..

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

and then there's this ...lord this is funny even if all chopped up

Translation.......

It's difficult to take the far right seriously when a Democrat is controlling the WH.

To be honest, political opinions are a mess on BOTH sides. That is one of the reasons why I hold NO political affiliation.

2 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Hahahahaha...let your inner racist out.

Reflexively making baseless charges of racism when confronted with uncomfortable racial ideas which are not objectively racist is not going to help your cause. 

And by "your cause", please understand that I mean both direct and singularly you, while you're attempting to make your argument; but also the larger societal "you", when you're staring down the barrell of years 5-8 of the Trump Presidency.

People who aren't racist are getting tired of being called racist in lieu of an argument being made against them on a truely intellectual level, and they aren't afraid of the social stigma of your label anymore, because you've (both you's again) so grossly overplayed your hand that the same exact thing has happened to everyone else they know or care about and your weapon has lost it's power.

Everything that is happening, and will happen in the next few years, is a direct reaction to your own stupidity.

Stated otherwise, it's your own damn fault.

Enjoy what's coming. 

Let it serve as a lesson.

2 hours ago, Brueggs said:

This statement is exactly why people who are emotionally charged about a situation or circumstance, can't keep their perspective grounded in reality.  

I might say you have a point, but you have none. What specifically do you object to? Is it you think Trump University wasn't a fraudulent business? Or you think Trump has changed since he ran a fraudulent business? Or something else? 

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So what did “we” give up and what did “we” gain?

Remembering that this has been an ongoing discussion

Gained: Three hostages returned, agreement to return POWs and remains, one nuclear test site taken down, one missile test site taken down, commitments to total denuclearization and a formal peace treaty to ending the Korean War. 

Gave up: One annual war game exercise (which we can do in another location if we so choose, just not on the border), Jim Acosta's pride. 

Sanctions remain in place (still the most stringent sanctions in US/DPRK history) and all defensive assets remain in place for our allies in the region. The final point there might be the least discussed but most interesting part of the talks. Trump isn't offering to remove troops and assets to make Kim feel safe, he's offering to include DPRK under the umbrella of those assets' protection. That's something no one thought was possible 48 hours ago... 

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So what did “we” give up and what did “we” gain?

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Gave up an annual exercise, gained the opportunity to have more talks.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remembering that this has been an ongoing discussion

Gained: Three hostages returned, agreement to return POWs and remains, one nuclear test site taken down, one missile test site taken down, commitments to total denuclearization and a formal peace treaty to ending the Korean War. 

Gave up: One annual war game exercise (which we can do in another location if we so choose, just not on the border), Jim Acosta's pride. 

Sanctions remain in place (still the most stringent sanctions in US/DPRK history) and all defensive assets remain in place for our allies in the region. The final point there might be the least discussed but most interesting part of the talks. Trump isn't offering to remove troops and assets to make Kim feel safe, he's offering to include DPRK under the umbrella of those assets' protection. That's something no one thought was possible 48 hours ago... 

See this is why Trump is such an amateur on the foreign policy stage.  He could have kept the annual training exercise if only had returned some terrorists and offered up a few pallets of unmarked foreign currency

• Haha (+1) 1