Summit Predictions

used to be a thing whereby news would report the facts without interjecting their bias into even the most mundane item

the (evil) dog (cynically) entered a building and saved the life of a (rich) child, dragging the child (much to this newcaster's regret) to safety

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

used to be a thing whereby news would report the facts without interjecting their bias into even the most mundane item

the (evil) dog (cynically) entered a building and saved the life of a (rich) child, dragging the child (much to this newcaster's regret) to safety

Or how many news stories these days are about things that are "likely" or will "probably" happen.  

That's not news.  At best, it's an informed guess.

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Or how many news stories these days are about things that are "likely" or will "probably" happen.  

That's not news.  At best, it's an informed guess.

it pains me to not be able to confidently tell you that The President didn't beat his wife into a pulp, thus causing her to withdraw from the public for a week.

24 minutes ago, peace out said:

Gross

This is troubling, if true. Especially after seeing that big mural of his face greeting the children being held in that detention center after being separated from their parents at the border. Did he really say that? Does Stokols attribute that quote to another source? 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

This is troubling, if true. Especially after seeing that big mural of his face greeting the children being held in that detention center after being separated from their parents at the border. Did he really say that? Does Stokols attribute that quote to another source? 

Trump just said it on the White House lawn. He also said a lot of other insane things.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, peace out said:

Trump just said it on the White House lawn. He also said a lot of other insane things.

I suspect this quote by Skokols may be out of context? I'll check it out when I get a chance. 

I try to check out the 'news' from many sources and I was watching Fox and Friends this morning.  The Trump interview and following Q&A was absolutely bizarre. 

He did say the quote just above but later claimed he wasn't serious.

The relationship between Fox and Trump should trouble you a bit if you feel the press should be a check on politicians.  Trump is certainly favoring Fox in exchange for praise and leading questions. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, peace out said:

It's not out of contest. Here's a video and fuller quote.

Thanks for the link. Still "sit up" at attention isn't what Skokols said; he said "stand up" which, imo, is different. It's important to get quotes exact as a changed word here or there can make a difference. Not to mention beg questions on a reporter's credibility. Don't get me wrong, it was a stupid thing to say, regardless; another example of his tone deafness. But I'm not as upset about that as I am about what he said in his FOX interview with Brett Baier earlier in the week. 

52 minutes ago, K-9 said:

no, it's an off-the-cuff remark, probably a joke

how do you get through life taking everything at its literal worst?

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Before you posted this K-9 already modified his remarks. Eli Stokols proved himself a liar by deliberately misquoting Trump. Peace Out went along with that lie while K-9 tried to find the truth. I may not agree with K-9 on much of his conclusions but I do think he tries to come to them honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Before you posted this K-9 already modified his remarks. Eli Stokols proved himself a liar by deliberately misquoting Trump. Peace Out went along with that lie while K-9 tried to find the truth. I may not agree with K-9 on much of his conclusions but I do think he tries to come to them honestly.

i apologize K-9 for this instance....

thanks 3rdning.....

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I'm sure it was a joke after seeing the actual video, which is why I asked for more information before saying anything more. Joke or not, it's a tone deaf thing to say at best given our history with N Korea. Still, Skokols should have gotten the exact wording right. What he said to Brett Baier earlier in the week is indefensible, though. 

No need to address your gratuitous attempt to insult. It's what you do. 

16 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I'm sure it was a joke after seeing the actual video, which is why I asked for more information before saying anything more. Joke or not, it's a tone deaf thing to say at best given our history with N Korea. Still, Skokols should have gotten the exact wording right. What he said to Brett Baier earlier in the week is indefensible, though. 

No need to address your gratuitous attempt to insult. It's what you do. 

hmmm

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I posted the Tweet with the correct quote and video but go ahead and belittle as you do.

10 minutes ago, peace out said:

I posted the Tweet with the correct quote and video but go ahead and belittle as you do.

reading a fake post and having a complete **** fit and running to post it online is not intelligent or wise behaviour in 5 instances there...

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

This is what you first quoted. Don't expect to be able to lie your way out of your lies here.

Indeed it is. Then I posted the correct quote in context.

What's your opinion on what Trump said? Or are you more interested in what I said? Maybe you should start a forum where you just comment on everything I say.

10 minutes ago, peace out said:

What's your opinion on what Trump said? Or are you more interested in what I said? Maybe you should start a forum where you just comment on everything I say.

if he said it

i'd take it as a joke, an off-the-cuff remark

it's how people with a 3 digit IQ who aren't insane deal with harmless jokes, by chuckling and going back to their life

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

No, you tried to pull a "fast one" and got caught.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

Sure - you win.

So no opinion on what Trump said?

He was joking. Regardless, I care what he does, not so much what he says. That's the main difference between liberals and conservatives, while you are concerned with perceptions we are concerned with actual results.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, peace out said:

You know what's funny? You guys go out of your way to talk about what a completely insane, unhinged, unstable nutbag Trump is, and you never realize that every time you try to make this point, the rest of the world finishes your thought with "...and yet STILL a better option than electing another Democrat."

Imagine that. Imagine how unbelievably pathetic the left in America must be that America chose the crazy orange dude over literally anyone the left could help walk down a flight of stairs.

Yes, he was joking, which was obvious after watching the video.

But is it so hard to understand why some may not find it remotely funny or even be offended by his "joke?" My people didn't fight and die in Korea so that our president, our commander in chief, can make a joke about wanting his people to behave in the same brainwashed way as N Korea's murderous dictator's people behave for him. A murderous dictator whom we are still technically at war with, by the way. 

So sure, go ahead and bring the snark and hurl the insults at those who didn't find it funny. Others have good reason to take issue with those words. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, peace out said:

Thanks for the answer. Save the fluff.

You prove my point when you think this is fluff. "That's the main difference between liberals and conservatives, while you are concerned with perceptions we are concerned with actual results."

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You prove my point when you think this is fluff. "That's the main difference between liberals and conservatives, while you are concerned with perceptions we are concerned with actual results."

What are the actual results Trump has achieved from the summit?

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

He's still president and Hillary's not.

Good enough for me.

You've officially joined the Trump cult. Enjoy your life.

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

You know what's funny? You guys go out of your way to talk about what a completely insane, unhinged, unstable nutbag Trump is, and you never realize that every time you try to make this point, the rest of the world finishes your thought with "...and yet STILL a better option than electing another Democrat."

Imagine that. Imagine how unbelievably pathetic the left in America must be that America chose the crazy orange dude over literally anyone the left could help walk down a flight of stairs.

More evidence of cult behavior right here

1 minute ago, peace out said:

You've officially joined the Trump cult. Enjoy your life.

More evidence of cult behavior right here

Right on! I'm totally with you, man. Everyone who didn't want Hillary as president belongs to a cult!  They are all stupid, uneducated POS crazy people!

Let's get that message out, everywhere we go! Yeah, I know it makes us sound unhinged, but it's for the greater cause!

Not With Her? You're A Cultist POS!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, peace out said:

What are the actual results Trump has achieved from the summit?

Didn't you see all the pictures that we got?  Beautiful, really amazingly beautiful photos....and lots of them.  People are saying that these are some of the most amazing photos they have ever seen.  I mean, really, really beautiful, historic photos.  Some have said, bigger than Nixon in China....way more historic.  Most don't know this, but we got many, many more photos than Nixon got in China.  Really, really historic and beautiful photos.  Obama didn't get any in 8 years and here we are a year and half in and we have thousands and thousands of amazing, really beautiful photos.

12 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Didn't you see all the pictures that we got?  Beautiful, really amazingly beautiful photos....and lots of them.  People are saying that these are some of the most amazing photos they have ever seen.  I mean, really, really beautiful, historic photos.  Some have said, bigger than Nixon in China....way more historic.  Most don't know this, but we got many, many more photos than Nixon got in China.  Really, really historic and beautiful photos.  Obama didn't get any in 8 years and here we are a year and half in and we have thousands and thousands of amazing, really beautiful photos.

Obama did get pictures though.

Obama bowing.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1