How do you feel about the Buffalo Bills right now?

15 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm at a point mentally where it's put up or shut up for me. Last year fans thought I was crazy when I said that I wanted to win out instead of bottoming out for a franchise QB. We may have only went 9-7 last year but that was the first time in my adult life we made the playoffs. I was born in 87 and I remember wide right and I was crushed when that happened but I was way too young to understand the significance of the moment. Last time we made the playoffs I was 12, once again too young to fully understand what was going on. I admire many of you old timers, you got to see OJ, Cookie, Kemp, Ferguson, I do not have any glory years to really gloat about. There are a lot of millennials such as myself that would lose their minds if we saw the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs for the next 10-12 years, I'm so desperate to experience playoff football in my adult years, I think the entire !@#$ing city would get burned down.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

If you are basically saying to the Bills "Make the playoffs or else I'm done rooting for the team" then you should prepare to find another team to cheer for.

I don't think the upcoming season is going to be much to get excited about.  

• Like (+1) 1

I feel good, we finally have a young stable of QB's and all of them have a chance to be good. The defense is slowly being molded into the Carolina Panthers defense. This WR group could have a few good surprise players.

O-Line is really the only group that has me worried, one more poor showing and at least Castillo will be fired.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

How am I feeling?  Defense?  Better.  Offense?  Significantly worse.

Taylor wasn't a great QB but his value to the team is going to become readily apparent when we see our current stable of QBs get pounded into oblivion behind our sieve of an O-Line. 

Yeah, to me, OL comes first, then comes the rookie QB...

Until the OL is there, we should've drafted the QB from "South" Florida... Flowers, because he can run and make plays on the move...

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

How am I feeling?  Defense?  Better.  Offense?  Significantly worse.

Taylor wasn't a great QB but his value to the team is going to become readily apparent when we see our current stable of QBs get pounded into oblivion behind our sieve of an O-Line. 

Lets see what this here Kid Daboll brings. Methinks this is where it begins and ends.
i wish him, Bills and Us a fine effort  this season. keep building the Pyramid McBeanes !

1 hour ago, LaDexter said:

Yeah, to me, OL comes first, then comes the rookie QB...

Until the OL is there, we should've drafted the QB from "South" Florida... Flowers, because he can run and make plays on the move...

Its a Bills thing though. ruining QBs with porous O lines.

i am not sure you can choose when to draft one done before the other. Because you have to Draft the QB. Maybe next year is the Bills use FA to spend !
another reason to sit Mr Allen as long as possible till O can get something working to protect the Kid. No ill will on AJ btw. Hope O line and Rec crew can tighten up asap regradless

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

43 minutes ago, mead107 said:
38 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

The Senator carried the Tradition.

Thanks you for keeping it  !

the Senator is right

I feel good about the Bills right now. We're coming off a playoff season! We made  additions to our D which will help whichever QB we line up.  We dumped the worst QB in the NFL. Literally ANY QB will be better.  We finally have A coach that knows how to win. Our players BILLIEVE.  

Come on man, it's like baseball spring training. If you can't be optimistic now, when can you be?

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If you are basically saying to the Bills "Make the playoffs or else I'm done rooting for the team" then you should prepare to find another team to cheer for.

Well put!

9 hours ago, Logic said:

I feel like I'm sick of living off the fumes of the early 90s. I'm sick of having to watch guys named Kelly, Thomas, and Reed just to catch a glimpse of success. I'm sick of chasing ghosts.

I'm ready to watch a consistently contending, legitimately playoff caliber team. I'm ready to see competent quarterbacking, top 5 defenses, and 10 to 12 win seasons. I'm ready for All-Pro nods and prime time games.

I'm ready to stand in line with 75,000 rowdy lunatics to get into the gates for a home AFC Championship game. 

I'm ready to fly to Buffalo when the Bills win it all and take part in a week of celebration and fandemonium the likes of which the sports world has never seen.

I'm ready to cast off the stink of 50+ years of mediocrity and finally feel the jubilation of rooting for a well-run, winning franchise.

The worm's got to turn sometimes, man. It's got to.

This is EXACTLY what I meant by this thread. Having a continuous playoff machine in my adult years where I can appreciate it more would be amazing. Many people I know who are in their 30s have not experienced that yet.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

What I'm saying is there is an entire generation of grown men who have yet to experience Buffalo Bills playoff football. The atmosphere is going to be unbelievable if we turn into a contender for the next 10 years, I am absolutely dying to see this happen. I was too young to appreciate Kelly or OJ, I'm a millennial, I want to experience a golden era during my own adult years and not reliving past greats that I have no recollection of watching.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm feeling good a the direction the team is headed. The Bills might not make the playoffs again this season but they got rid of all the dead cap space and set them selves up to mould the team how they see fit. Sure they can't sign any top flight free agents but they didn't sacrifice next year's draft and have a whole lota money next year.

My biggest thing with this staff would be if Allen doesn't work out, that's OK, thats the draft. I just hope that doesn't stop them from picking another QB instead of being a dead horse trying to save face. This staff is actually competent and I wouldn't like to see them run out of town because Allen didn't work out.

Edited by downunderbill
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

We have owners who want to win and are not afraid of the costs . We have a competitive situation for just about every position on the team. I do not think we have had that in the past. The OL is an example of this . I believe that the younger players will be taking over during the season or pushing hard on the veterans to keep their jobs. We really have never had that. our reserves were washed up cast offs from another team . The WR position is already shaking out if the reports are true.. We may have some young guns  along with the veterans.The QB position is a plus no matter who starts . the defense  will be better also with the additions in the line and linebacker. I am looking for at least 10 wins . 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm happy with the direction of the team overall. This season is cautiously optimistic. On paper we are a 4-6 win team. With good coaching we are 7-8 wins. A couple of good bounces and some surprises from our talent and solid QB play and it's 9-10 wins.  Seems the line between 4 or 10 wins is thinner than  it ever was.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

What I'm saying is there is an entire generation of grown men who have yet to experience Buffalo Bills playoff football.

The only people on earth that have NOt experienced Buffalo Bills playoff football are Freakn babies dude. 6 month old babies.

I hope we keep the train Rollin- this year.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The only people on earth that have NOt experienced Buffalo Bills playoff football are Freakn babies dude. 6 month old babies.

I hope we keep the train Rollin- this year.

I'm talking about like legitimate Super Bowl talk every year, like Jim Kelly and the 90s kind of talk, not barely squeezing into the playoffs talk, more like a complete culture change and fandemonium. My generation has not got to experience that yet, I was 2 1/2 when we played the Giants in the Superbowl, I want to experience that as an adult, I would appreciate it so much more.