[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would give Hutton the first star in this game. Our goaltending is the difference. He rarely gives up a juicy rebound.

I thought all four of our lines played well.

The Larrson line with Gergensen and Tage played their role to the max. Gergonsen is constantly getting a stick applied to his face. 

Rodriques was very active in this game. Our team speed is so much better this year. 

You can see Tage Thompson gaining confidence with the increased playing time. Housley is making a lot of decisions that are working out. This is one of them. 

Not to mention a puck in the yap.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

My hoarse throat will attest to that; can barely speak after all the cheering. As loud as I’ve heard KBC in a while. This fan base is so wants to embrace this team again. And I think the players really sense that. And while I have a few gripes about Housley, his consistent message to the team about the importance of earning the affection of this city, is something I give him a ton of credit for. 

• Like (+1) 2

9. Buffalo Sabres

Previous ranking: 10gn-arrow.png

The Sabres are that turkey that has been sitting in a smoker for, like, 10 hours. You can see it. You can smell it. You're pretty sure good things are happening. Then it's finally ready after a long, painful wait that consumed multiple coaches and at least one general manager. (It's then served on a table that has been set on fire, per Buffalo sports fan rules.)

Post-Game Report: 11/21 vs. Philadelphia

Final Score
  1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final SOG
Flyers
(9-10-2)
0 2 0 2 25
Sabres
(14-6-2)
4 0 1 5 21

Top Notes
  • Buffalo now has its first seven-game winning streak since the team won its first 10 games of the 2006-07 season.
  • With an 8-2-0 record in their last 10 games, the Sabres have eight wins in a 10-game stretch for the first time since the last 10 games of the 2010-11 season.
  • The Sabres are 7-2-1 through 10 home games, their best 10-game start to the home schedule since their identical 7-2-1 start at home in 2009-10.
  • Carter Hutton extended his win streak to a career-best six games. In those games, he has posted .933 save percentage and a 1.99 goals-against average.
  • With his goal tonight, Jeff Skinner now has nine points (5+4) in his last six home games.
  • Kyle Okposo’s assist on Tage Thompson’s goal gives him six points (1+5) in his last six games. Okposo now has a point in each of his last three home contests.
  • Evan Rodrigues’ goal tonight was his third career power-play tally. With two points tonight (1+1), he now has four points (1+3) in his last four games.
  • Rasmus Dahlin’s assist on Rodrigues’ goal gives him six points (1+5) in his last six games.
  • With a goal and an assist tonight, Sam Reinhart now has 10 points (2+8) in his last nine games.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Flyers Lyon
Pickard
L
ND
Sabres Hutton W .920 2.00

Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Flyers Lyon
Pickard
0-1-0
3-1-2
Sabres Hutton 10-6-1 .917 2.57

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Evan Rodrigues
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol
Flyers forward Scott Laughton
Flyers forward Claude Giroux
Flyers defenseman Christian Folin

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ya think?

I have Center Ice so I get to see all the games. But how do the locals watch the games? Are all the games on MSG or is it blacked out locally? Do the locals have to subscribe to watch them and are away games treated differently regarding being available to the local TV watchers? Just curious. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have Center Ice so I get to see all the games. But how do the locals watch the games? Are all the games on MSG or is it blacked out locally? Do the locals have to subscribe to watch them and are away games treated differently regarding being available to the local TV watchers? Just curious. 

All the games are on MSG except for the games (such as last night's) that are on NBCSN.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

hmmm...maybe I should start watching them again.  It's been about 7-8 years.

no...it is your duty now not to break any streak...you cannot watch a game now till they lose!!!

BTW, wasn't it like your 90th birthday the other day? I mean, you cant see that little tiny puck on your 27 inch Sony

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JohnC said:

MSG is part of most cable packages. They carry all games except those on NBC/NBCSN. I live in NH so I have to buy Center Ice as well.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

no...it is your duty now not to break any streak...you cannot watch a game now till they lose!!!

BTW, wasn't it like your 90th birthday the other day? I mean, you cant see that little tiny puck on your 27 inch Sony

The black and white contrast on the old Philco is pretty amazing!  image.png

• Haha (+1) 1