how is Josh Allen doing so far?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I absolutely did

And

I absolutely dont care

You traded away a good veteran QB and pushed all in on a player that has done NOTHING yet

None of that is disputable

You aren't wrong....but you are simplifying it just a little bit by saying he has done "nothing".  It would probably be safe to assume that everything he has done since drafted, on the practice field, in the classroom, in preseason and in the Denver game....compelled the Chiefs to feel good about trading away Alex Smith who they still had under contract one more year.  I don't think they would have done that for "nothing".  It would be reasonable to expect that no matter what anyone says, fans, pundits etc...it is clear the Chiefs coaches and brain trust think they have "something".

25 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You aren't wrong....but you are simplifying it just a little bit by saying he has done "nothing".  It would probably be safe to assume that everything he has done since drafted, on the practice field, in the classroom, in preseason and in the Denver game....compelled the Chiefs to feel good about trading away Alex Smith who they still had under contract one more year.  I don't think they would have done that for "nothing".  It would be reasonable to expect that no matter what anyone says, fans, pundits etc...it is clear the Chiefs coaches and brain trust think they have "something".

It's certainly a gamble considering Alex Smith led them to the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet against Reid when it comes to analyzing and developing quarterbacks.  He obviously felt that Alex Smith couldn't put them over the top in the playoffs.  Plus, KC's offense has all the tools to give Mahomes the best chance of success.  This is exactly how you should develop a quarterback.  

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I absolutely did

And

I absolutely dont care

You traded away a good veteran QB and pushed all in on a player that has done NOTHING yet

Traded away a player whose ceiling isnt good enough and pushed all in on a player who has a chance of reaching a higher ceiling. It is all about the chance, Taylor isnt going to be any better. Allen has a chance to be better.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Traded away a player whose ceiling isnt good enough and pushed all in on a player who has a chance of reaching a higher ceiling. It is all about the chance, Taylor isnt going to be any better. Allen has a chance to be better.

When you say ceiling is not good enough Alex Smith is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in the win/loss column with 90 career wins and almost every QB above him has won championships. Smith also has the lowest amount of games played. (top 10/wins)

I'm not a gambling man, but If I was my moneys on Smith for the win. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's certainly a gamble considering Alex Smith led them to the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet against Reid when it comes to analyzing and developing quarterbacks.  He obviously felt that Alex Smith couldn't put them over the top in the playoffs.  Plus, KC's offense has all the tools to give Mahomes the best chance of success.  This is exactly how you should develop a quarterback.  

Reid has had a year to see what Mahomes offers. He obviously believes in him. It's not like he is a completely unknown quantity.

It's not a wild throw of the dice. It's an educated decision.

14 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Reid has had a year to see what Mahomes offers. He obviously believes in him. It's not like he is a completely unknown quantity.

It's not a wild throw of the dice. It's an educated decision.

It's still a gamble as he only has one NFL start under his belt.  I laid all the reasons out why I think it will work though.

12 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Dude... the footwork in these clips is beyond terrible. I can't believe this is the game that is making Chiefs fans excited. You know if he makes throws like that in legit games he's going to be awful, right? Especially when teams have film on him.

200w.gif

Is this is a joke?

Edited by HappyDays

8 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

He also has a chance to be worse......

Talking about a player like he is GOING to be better without actually proving anything is well......iffy

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Alex Smith led them to the playoffs,

The Niners and Chiefs came to the same conclusion, that Smith has a weak arm, folds under pressure, and you won't win the "big one" with him unless you have a HOF defense like the Ravens in 2000

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Dude... the footwork in these clips is beyond terrible. I can't believe this is the game that is making Chiefs fans excited. You know if he makes throws like that in legit games he's going to be awful, right? Especially when teams have film on him.

200w.gif

Is this is a joke?

It’s going to be a **** show.

43 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It’s going to be a **** show.

So...he takes a snap from under center, does a play action fake, turning his back on the defense..things he is supposed to suck at....he climbs up in the pocket, looks right then whips a pass to the left to the open man while moving forward...this is bad?  That is everything you'd want the QB to do on that play.  The second play, he takes the snap, LOOKS over the field, sets his feet and WHIPS a pass 20 yards upfeild to the open man.....LOL....yes, this IS why we are excited.  

9 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

So...he takes a snap from under center, does a play action fake, turning his back on the defense..things he is supposed to suck at....he climbs up in the pocket, looks right then whips a pass to the left to the open man while moving forward...this is bad?  That is everything you'd want the QB to do on that play.  The second play, he takes the snap, LOOKS over the field, sets his feet and WHIPS a pass 20 yards upfeild to the open man.....LOL....yes, this IS why we are excited.  

Jesus you sound like me describing a bills player

(this is not a good thing)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He also has a chance to be worse......

Talking about a player like he is GOING to be better without actually proving anything is well......iffy

Lol that is what the draft is about... the Bill's already tried not drafting a QB and guess what they sucked.

2 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

I found a time lapse of Pat Mahomes's career:

h074377DC

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I absolutely did

And

I absolutely dont care

The good part is very disputable.  Alex Smith has been way too inconsistent throughout his career to be considered good.  Not to take anything away from our defense, but he looked dreadful in the game against us last year.

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

The good part is very disputable.  Alex Smith has been way too inconsistent throughout his career to be considered good.  Not to take anything away from our defense, but he looked dreadful in the game against us last year.

Perhaps the proper term for him is "solid" which he definately is.....he starts everywhere he goes.

But that really isnt the point of my post......it is about sending a solid starter packing for a lottery ticket and saying that he will be better without actually having seen it.

And Mahommes may very well end up being better....but to say it before you have actually seen it (on another teams message board no less?)

No.....just no

6 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

This is a joke.