how is Josh Allen doing so far?

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for reports to see how Josh Allen is doing so far. Any insights or observations? The news around him seems real quiet recently and I haven't heard much about him. To be honest, I was one of those that was disappointed that we didn't draft the other Josh, but I'm hoping that our Josh is showing promise. Thoughts?

From what I hear from Sal and Vic, it sounds like they are bringing along slowly with the 3rds.  I agree with their decision to take it slow with hm and get as many reps for AJ as possible as he’s definitely the starting guy week 1.  Josh needs time to develop.  He will learn the system slowly and when he’s finally ready, I trust McD and Daboll will get him in with the 1’s.  

Just remember what happened to the older Carr who was killed when the Texans who put him out there week1.  I know they had to as an expansion team, but it ruined him he was sacked so many times.

i don’t care if we see him at all this year, but if the experts think he is ready, they know when to put him in there.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

From what I hear from Sal and Vic, it sounds like they are bringing along slowly with the 3rds.  I agree with their decision to take it slow with hm and get as many reps for AJ as possible as he’s definitely the starting guy week 1.  Josh needs time to develop.  He will learn the system slowly and when he’s finally ready, I trust McD and Daboll will get him in with the 1’s.  

Just remember what happened to the older Carr who was killed when the Texans who put him out there week1.  I know they had to as an expansion team, but it ruined him he was sacked so many times.

i don’t care if we see him at all this year, but if the experts think he is ready, they know when to put him in there.

In respect of AJ being the guaranteed starter Week 1, based on what I have heard to date they still appear to be giving Peterman equal time with the 1's so they might not have made up their minds yet..

32 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

In respect of AJ being the guaranteed starter Week 1, based on what I have heard to date they still appear to be giving Peterman equal time with the 1's so they might not have made up their minds yet..

You might be right, but I think AJ is more likely, but what do I know.  He has more NFL experience than a guy who throws five picks in one half.

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

You might be right, but I think AJ is more likely, but what do I know.  He has more NFL experience than a guy who throws five picks in one half.

Agree that AJ is way more likely to start based on what we have seen in the past...

I think they need to decide between the two relatively quickly as they are both relatively inexperienced and need as much time as possible to develop some chemistry with KB , Clay and whoever the heck the rest of the receivers end up being...

He is ahead of every other QB drafted right now.

21 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Aaron Rodgers got three years as a 2.  312 TD's later he's probably a first ballot HOF'r.

Rodgers would have had the same success even if he started day one.

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He is working on his accuracy.

He threw a deep out to that Proehl kid and just missed him, with the ball landing on the Ontario side of Lake Erie.

Hey. If it was tyrod still throwing the ball it wouldn’t have made it 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Hey. If it was tyrod still throwing the ball it wouldn’t have made it 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage 

I’m an Allen fan. Just having fun with his arm strength and supposed accuracy issues.

I don't think anyone knows anything yet.  

No matter how well Allen might be doing in OTAs, there's no reason to move him up to the second of first string yet.   Moving him up quickly will raise expectations and put pressure on him. 

The guy has never been in an NFL camp, he's learning a new system with all new coaches, and he's been at it for less than three weeks.   McD is keeping a low profile with him. 

If he's better than either of the other two, training camp is plenty of time to move him up.  

I'm sure the Bills haven't made any kind of decisions about when this guy is going to see the field.   

We'll know how he's doing when we see which squad he practices with in training camp and how many, if any, first team reps he gets in training camp and pre-season games.  In other words, we will begin to know some things in a couple of months. 

• Like (+1) 5