Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

TO is such a moron.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Andr Reed at. The time of his retirement was 2nd.  It took him several years, but you never heard him, Tim Brown, or Chris Carter complain b/c they demonstrated class.  If he feels slighted for not getting first ballot, wahh.   If it is related to all of this. Social justice issues, use you’re pulpit to address. It, wherever you want.

Everyone has their right to their opinion, and saw first hand my best rep in Tallahassee get so mistreated by these redneck idiots in this one small town in Southern GA. There is no place for it.  The guy was pulled over for driving 32 in a 30 and really made me aware as well as so many other examples he had like a Dealership not coming to him even though he is in a suit, was aCaptain in the Airforce, and a Deacon.  Made me really see first hand how terrible some people are/c of race.  

Makes me sick to my stomach, but all I can do is treat everyone fairly regardless of anything and teach my children to be a good person.  If I ever. Any sideways comment in the gym, I walk away from them. Never to return.

It’s his loss and my gain as I didn’t want to listen to his speech anyway as he such a self serving ungrateful person.  Again, if you have the opposite opinion, it you’re right as a citizen, but I also don’t. Have to agree with it.

Too bad they can’t place him back on the shelf is my feeling, but of course that will not happen. I just wish he would go away.  I agree with the poster who stated this is just another ploy to gain media attn.  sorry this was so long, but loved Tasker’s rant today. Good for him.  

I would have liked to see him again wearing the gold jacket. Oh well. Anyway, what I remember most is the guy who in his prime could single handedly take a game over whenever he felt like it. They are few and far between. Congrats to TO on a well deserved honour! 

3 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

TO is that you? so who are your top 5 of all time then?

Top 5 WR? I’d have to think about that for a bit but Rice, Moss and TO would definitely be in there somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

TO is that you? so who are your top 5 of all time then?

What about his career stats make him not top 5, exactly? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then just say that your opinion isn't based on which player is actually a better WR, but only on who you "like".

Oh stop it. TO was not a better wide receiver than the greatest one in Bills' history. No way.

5 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

What about his career stats make him not top 5, exactly? 

never said his stats made him not top 5. hes ranked near the top of every receiving stat there is really except super bowl and playoff wins.  I said hes not a top 3 receiver of all time in my opinion. He has great stats and should've been a first ballot HOFer. but I still would not have wanted him on my team. I would take guys with lesser stats that didn't bring the sideshow with him. I think that sideshow hurt a lot of teams he was on

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JackKemp said:

Oh stop it. TO was not a better wide receiver than the greatest one in Bills' history. No way.

Take your homer hat off and look at it from a different perspective, it’s not that outrageous.

4 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Take your homer hat off and look at it from a different perspective, it’s not that outrageous.

I like my homer hat. Better than a TO hat. TO really sealed the deal for me in fully expressing his me-ness. A me and only me player is not a great player.

5 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

never said his stats made him not top 5. hes ranked near the top of every receiving stat there is really except super bowl and playoff wins.  I said hes not a top 3 receiver of all time in my opinion. He has great stats and should've been a first ballot HOFer. but I still would not have wanted him on my team. I would take guys with lesser stats that didn't bring the sideshow with him. I think that sideshow hurt a lot of teams he was on

SB and playoff wins are not “receiving” stats though in the strict sense. Personally I think wins, including postseason wins are team stats.

1 minute ago, JackKemp said:

I like my homer hat. Better than a TO hat. TO really sealed the deal for me in fully expressing his me-ness. A me and only me player is not a great player.

Fair enough - I hope for your sake then you never find out about all the selfish p***** that were on all those bills teams from the glory days.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

SB and playoff wins are not “receiving” stats though in the strict sense. Personally I think wins, including postseason wins are team stats.

stat wise he is a top 5 receiver of all time and if the writers went just on stats, which they are supposed to, he would've been a 1st ballot HOFer.  My original opinion wasn't just based on stats alone. My point was that if you polled 32 NFL gms and said you can pick 5 receivers of all time to play on your team ill bet a most of them don't pick TO if any

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Fair enough - I hope for your sake then you never find out about all the selfish p***** that were on all those bills teams from the glory days.

All those Bills glory players who made it to the hall went to the ceremony. None of them had a press conference so that the press could watch them do sit ups. None of them pulled out a box of popcorn. None of the Bills greats fake cried about their QB for the press. Certainly none of them threw their QB under the bus after a Superbowl. Did any of them obviously not even try to catch the ball when playing the Falcons in Atlanta? Need I go on?

TO is not that great despite his wonderful stats.

13 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

oh yea they were brutal! All of them were really selfish. Im sure if they had the media and social media covg we do now a lot more would've come out. Bruce, Jimbo, Thurman, andre all of them. It wasn't until they started changing their attitudes and became more of a team when they started winning.

• Like (+1) 1

This is T.O.'s choice to make and I will respect his choices.  I guess my opinion is not for just the player.  it's for the friends, family and fans of the player.  The ceremony is a celebration of this person's career.   No one is gonna care if he was a bad teammate and It allowed the player the stage to tell their truth and wrap up his career.  I just feel like he's losing an opportunity to express himself and give his story of why he's done and said some of the things he said.  I look at this as a missed opportunity, and I think he's ultimately hurting himself and further alienating himself from the NFL family.  He'll also lose out on any post career job with the NFL and he'll need the job to pay his financial problems.

• Like (+1) 1

The guys on NFLRadio suggest they just put his bust in a closet with a cover over it until he wants to come pull it out and uncover it. That would work for me....

Edited by Augie

TO has always been the one football player that I shouldn't like, but I always have.    

I suppose it's due in part to the fact that he never had to stand trial (I see you Ray Lewis), was never was convicted of a crime, never suspended for performance enhancing drugs, etc and played hard for every team he was on during his NFL career.  I respected that he never dogged it in Buffalo and he played on essentially one good leg in the Super Bowl with the Eagles.  

He's guilty of a big ego and being super weird.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2