NFL Sunday Ticket

After a few calls over the course of three weeks, the final tally is $16.50 off NFL ST Max for 6 months,  and $50 credit for 12 months.    Of course I'm always happy to get a break on the bill but it's nowhere near the credits/discounts/freebies I used to get. 

The AT&T crew has definitely clamped down on all the giveaways.   

Long time TBD follower. Just got off the phone with DTV. i got the  $60 off /12 months. Free NFL Sunday Ticket. Guy transferred me to "Ace" department because i insisted on getting the Max. 

Ended up paying $17/6 months for basically NFL Sunday Ticket Max plus the  $60 off a month for the year! I'm happy!  Good luck! Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

So i called twice today...almost agreed the first time when they offered me 65$ off per month free 3months hbo and Sunday ticket max....I didn’t like the 12 month agreement part...called back 2 hours later...told them i had a cancelation request in but I believe the person thought my service was already disconnected....she offered me all of the above and a 300$ visa gift card....probably the best offer I’ve received to date.

• Like (+1) 2

Long time customer that cancelled a few weeks ago.   Called back last week and got $60off per month for 12 months, free Sunday Ticket Max and a $200 gift card.   Based on what I had been reading about their lack of deals this year, I was OK with spending another year with DTV for this.   I used the "winback" number 888-333-0804.   Seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in what people are being offered and they made almost no effort to retain me.   Did get one letter that mentioned the $200 gift card.

• Like (+1) 2

4 months ago I called because all of my credits had expired.   I got $60 off for 12 months (no contract), 3 months Showtime and 6 months HBO.

I called 3 weeks ago.  Told automated system i wanted to cancel.   Specifically asked for relief on my Sunday Ticket renewal (no max).   Said he could offer me 25% off.    He also said I could call back during Week 1 and there would likely be other offers I would be eligible for as well.   I took the 25% off and plan to call back next week. 

Interesting customer service model with "call back later for more discounts".  

• Like (+1) 1

A few days ago I got an email from the NFL offering a credit on Sunday Ticket due to my status as a season ticket holder.  Once processed, this showed up on a later email message as a $49 credit.  BUT upon checking my account, I discovered that they changed my order from regular ST to Max, and bumped up the cost!  So now I'm not sure if the "credit" I was offered was really just a roundabout way of upselling me to Max.

Between stunts like this and the barely passable English spoken by their phone reps, I'm really getting irritated with DTV. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Is the 1st week Sunday Ticket Max or just the regular Sunday Ticket?  I may need to watch it on my phone. 

Good question....going to guess Max...it's a promotion to get people to sign up so may as well show it all

On 6/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Its gotten better every year. $100 is a great deal for 16 games 

On 6/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Its gotten better every year. $100 is a great deal for 16 games 

I guess there is going to be a new app for the Sunday nfl ticket and was wondering if it has come out yet or what the deal I with that

ok I made my annual call I got sent right to the end your account department. My 1 year contract was up. Been with Direct TV for 15 years. I have 6 Iphones on Att family plan plus Direct TV. I spend over $4,000.00 a year with them. I explained my side of why I was going to cut the cord. The agent was very nice and listened to what so had to say. Last year end of August 2017 I canceled my service because they would not give me any kind of a deal. Then 3 hours later I got the call from Diect TV,  they wanted me to come back. So they gave me good discounts and Free Sunday Ticket to come back. Fast forward to this year. I did not have to cancel. I got Sunday Ticket for free with Sunday Ticket max. Also $110.00 in credits each mouth. So my bill ends up $105.00 a mouth when I have NFL Sunday Ticket. When The sunday ticket is over my Bill goes to $67.00. I have all movie channels too. I scored big time but I do spend a lot of money with ATT who owns Direct TV. So it was nice they took care of me. also note I am not on a 1 year contract, I can leave anytime I want. Go Bills 

Mickey in Rochester NY 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

ok I made my annual call I got sent right to the end your account department. My 1 year contract was up. Been with Direct TV for 15 years. I have 6 Iphones on Att family plan plus Direct TV. I spend over $4,000.00 a year with them. I explained my side of why I was going to cut the cord. The agent was very nice and listened to what so had to say. Last year end of August 2017 I canceled my service because they would not give me any kind of a desl. Then 3 hours later I got the call from Diect TV and they to get me come back. I got good discounts and Free Sunday Ticket. Fast forward to this year. I did not have to cancel. I got Sunday Ticket for free with Sunday Ticket max. Also $110.00 in credits each mouth. So my bills ends up $105.00 a mouth when I have NFL Sunday Ticket. When The sunday ticket is over my Bill goes to $67.00. I have all movie channels too. I scored big time but I do spend a lot of money with ATT who owns Direct TV. So it was nice they took care of me. also note I am not on a 1 year contract, I can leave anytime I want. Go Bills 

Mickey in Rochester NY 

That is strong, bro. I am in same boat, 3 att phones + direc tv. going to make the call after sunday, some have said the best deals are AFTER the first game. Guess I am going to find out, as I always wait until late august.

11 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

That is strong, bro. I am in same boat, 3 att phones + direc tv. going to make the call after sunday, some have said the best deals are AFTER the first game. Guess I am going to find out, as I always wait until late august.

When you call you get the computer. Say cancel my account. Eventually you’ll get to the department that handles canceling your account then what you need to do is calmly explain how many AT&T phones you have and how much you spend between your family phone plans and Dircet TV. Tell them that there are much better options out there at lower rates with local cable company or Ruko or Apple TV and then say I’d like to stay as a customer but you need to really take care of me. Report back and let us know how you make out. If you don’t get a good deal and they don’t play ball then just cancel your account I did that last year and then three hours later I got a call from DIRECTV saying they wanted me to keep me as a customer and that’s when they gave me really good discounts and free Sunday ticket so just speak calm and explain why you should get it over somebody that just joined as a DIRECTV as a customer and doesn’t have AT&T cell phones and they get free SundayTicket and all the good deals and you as a loyal customer he has to beg for it so see what happens and tell us how you make out

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nebillzfan said:

I guess there is going to be a new app for the Sunday nfl ticket and was wondering if it has come out yet or what the deal I with that

For dtv streaming I used to use PlayStation.  The past few years AppleTV and iPhone have worked well, are almost real time and have decent quality. 

Im surprised the nfl doesn’t just take it all over directly and take all the ad revenue themselves

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Tried to call again. Best offer was $12 off per month of Sunday Ticket. They are just unwilling to play ball this year. Will be cancelling next week once my bill skyrockets as I have a bunch of credits falling off. Now to figure out which of the streaming options are the best. 

cancel and then wait. You will get a call back the same day offering you all sorts of discounts and free sunday ticket. Just cancel I did last year and 3 hours later I got the call and got the deals. Read my post above. Good luck and report back.