WGR is ditching its App for Radio.com

16 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

Wow - I wanted to hear some postgame talk this eve and I think it’s just run at least 30 minutes of consecutive ads.  What garbage.

That happened to me one of the previous games.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else getting the same two ads over and over and over again?

They're about what we're doing to help the environment.  One person says she's slowly turning into a vegetarian and the other is saying she doesn't use paper towels in the kitch.

I've heard each of them at least 15 times a piece since this morning.

I'm not hearing much of the greatest moments in sports or the stainless steel straws much now.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

They're about what we're doing to help the environment.  One person says she's slowly turning into a vegetarian and the other is saying she doesn't use paper towels in the kitch.

I'm not hearing much of the greatest moments in sports or the stainless steel straws much now.

New cycle.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What about the ad with the little girl telling her dad it's a KAYAK ?!?

Ha, yeah I've also been hearing the same few ads over and over...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

#StainlessSteelStrawsOrDie

I've used the Radio.com app w/o trouble since inception w/ WGR - until recently. In Europe last week, it started bugging out and I was getting the same endless advertising loop others have complained of. I opened and closed the app several times and it seemed to clear. Now back home, I have the same issue☹️

My big beef is still how it starts playing for no reason. Get an email, starts playing. Get a text, starts playing, Plug the phone in for the night, starts playing.  Even when you shut the app off, it's still running. This app won't die....except when you actually DO want to listen and you are on mobile data. Then crickets.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My big beef is still how it starts playing for no reason. Get an email, starts playing. Get a text, starts playing, Plug the phone in for the night, starts playing.  Even when you shut the app off, it's still running. This app won't die....except when you actually DO want to listen and you are on mobile data. Then crickets.

Funny....I am glad I am not the only one having that issue. I am a little maladroit sometimes, so I always assumed it was me not shutting off the app properly...can't tell you how many times I have been at work, only to have Shcop and Bulldog screaming from my pockets, just out of the blue!  It freaks people out!