"Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

Estro

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Sorry I'm so late to the thread, but can you really "blow people away" in Ota's? I mean they're not even really legit practices 

In the video he explains that it means he’s impressive in the classroom, approach, work ethic, and on the field drills. 

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not spending 10M for AJ to hold a clipboard.  He'll start and take some lumps as Josh watches and learns,  as it should be.  Peterman will be on the PS as insurance. 

What are you, Edgar Cayce reincarnated?

24 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Fans don't want him in because conditions aren't ideal, but since when in life are conditions ideal?

I have a feeling that the people wanting him to start will be the first ones to give up in him if he struggles. I think it's them wanting to write the book on Allen. They want to judge the pick as soon as possible. I don't think it's them wanting Allen to start because it will make the team better. 

If he starts and struggles I bet no one calling for him to start will say it was a mistake to rush him in. They will only say Allen sucks. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nope. That was actually a metaphor. A poorly chosen one, maybe. How 'bout, how the stew is steeping instead. I've made a stew.

"the stew is steeping"

Ever actually made a stew?

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not spending 10M for AJ to hold a clipboard.  He'll start and take some lumps as Josh watches and learns,  as it should be.  Peterman will be on the PS as insurance. 

Yes they are--that's straight up backup money.  It's over 2 years.  Some incentives for playing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I have a feeling that the people wanting him to start will be the first ones to give up in him if he struggles. I think it's them wanting to write the book on Allen. They want to judge the pick as soon as possible. I don't think it's them wanting Allen to start because it will make the team better. 

If he starts and struggles I bet no one calling for him to start will say it was a mistake to rush him in. They will only say Allen sucks. 

Really? I was the one comparing Allen's arm to Johnny Unitas' and his frame and escapability to Big Ben. IF he beats out McCarron, you start him, period. If he beats out a 5 year vet he is ready for showtime.

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Really? I was the one comparing Allen's arm to Johnny Unitas' and his frame and escapability to Big Ben. IF he beats out McCarron, you start him, period. If he beats out a 5 year vet he is ready for showtime.

Just a reminder. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2012/09/26/cam-newton-carolina-honeymoon-is-over-hello-kitty-panther-cartoon/amp/?source=images

cam-newton-hello-kitty.jpg

Edited by Lfod

That one went over my head. Oh, well. I don't see how you don't start the best man, if he wins the job, an honest competition, why do you feel he isn't ready? 

Just showing you some media around Cam Newton when he had his early  struggles. I don't think the team is ready. 

Edited by Lfod

22 hours ago, brianthomas said:

What Simms had to say all sounds good to me. He said Allen is supposedly 'wowwing everyone on all sorts of levels'. If thats true then we all are in store for one helluva player.

Just like everyone I can't wait for the season to start & to see what this team looks like.

One thing that made me facepalm a bit tho with the podcast is the one guy bringing up the stupid tweets again. I've never really considered Allens tweets to be anything really serious, but i do hate how often these media types like to throw it out there, just in the hopes for some controversy or something.

Of course after Allen wins his 6th Superbowl they won't even remember those tweets.

Anyways, thanks for sharing & GO BILLS!

Why stop at 6?

How did that turn out?

Well I've given my opinion about the Bills being cautious. I think it's a wise approach. I'm not against Allen starting. I'm not saying my opinion is fact, I just feel strongly. I don't think the team is ready based on last season. It's the present now I understand that. 

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Well I've given my opinion about the Bills being cautious. I think it's a wise approach. I'm not against Allen starting. I'm not saying my opinion is fact, I just feel strongly. 

Right, but if he beats out McCarron that likely means Allen is red-hot. This isn't a newborn child we're talking about here, this is a 6'5 240lbs manbeast with a !@#$ing rocket launcher arm, he's worked his entire life for this.

Edited by NewDayBills
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Right, but if he beats out McCarron that likely means Allen is red-hot. This isn't a newborn child we're talking about here, this is a 6'5 240lbs manbeast with a !@#$ing rocket launcher arm, he's worked his entire life for this.

The only way I'll criticize the Bills for starting Allen is if he suffers a serious injury. I'm talking season ending. I don't even blame McDermott for starting Peterman. In fact I still support the fact he did it. 

• Like (+1) 2