I miss Leodis McKelvin interviews...

Just now, Logic said:

You continue to astound with your maturity and high level of discourse. I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition to the TBD community.

Now you're getting it. Could you please change your handle to something more accurate? Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Buffaloflash said:

If you sound like a Racist,there's a pretty good chance you are a Racist!

If you accuse everyone else of being racist, you're probably the racist. Food for thought.

4 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Now you're getting it. Could you please change your handle to something more accurate? Thanks in advance.

If you accuse everyone else of being racist, you're probably the racist. Food for thought.

Nope,not everyone.

23 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Racist? Really? Because two guys I find dumb as bricks just so happen to be black -- therefore I'm racist? I find Kiko Alonso and Terry Bradshaw stupid, too. 

You're the one who needs to grow the !@#$ up, snowflake.

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

i didnt call you a racist nimrod......i said it adds to the narrative that buffalo fans are racist......and trust me im no snowflake

Edited by natedawg3535
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, natedawg3535 said:

i didnt call you a racist nimrod......i said it adds to the narrative that buffalo fans are racist......and trust me im no snowflake

It couldn't have been about his lack of intelligence -- Had to be about his color. Why? Feeling guilty about something?

54 minutes ago, natedawg3535 said:

all 3 of these posts just add to the narrative that buffalo team and fans are racist......this thread is pointless and just mean......grow the !@#$ up

Every fan base has its bigots which is weird since most of the players are black.  But then again, bigots are strange people.  Buffalo is no different than any other city/fan base in that regard, unfortunately.  

BTW, I understood what he said.  Easy to do if one wants to listen and not insult someone; which brings me back to my first point.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, natedawg3535 said:

all 3 of these posts just add to the narrative that buffalo team and fans are racist......this thread is pointless and just mean......grow the !@#$ up

I don’t think that’s racism, that’s humor on a message board 

Grow up man. I loved mckelvin and I can admit he talks funny 

so do rednecks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...now it's racist to not understand what someone says?  Now I'm only allowed to not understand white folk?

!@#$ this country.  :wallbash:

Oh you understand what we're talking about......you just choose not too! 

I did like McKelvin, and he developed into a fine cornerback.  While I did post the "second language" remark in fun, I do surmise that most likely McKelvin's way of speaking probably has cultural roots.  Doing a bit of research, he hails form Waycross, Georgia, in the sourtheast part of the state.  The population is about 14,000 with about 54% being black.  The median family income in Waycross is about 60% of the median family income in the state of Georgia.  That means there is a good chance at least that McKelvin grew up in poverty and a black culture.  He is to be commended for having arisen out of poverty, but his way of speaking probably does have a lot to do with his social circumstances growing up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...by far in 52 years of following football, the ultimate sideline interview was with USC RB Ricky Bell (RIP), brother of Archie Bell from Archie Bell and the Drells......made Leodis sound like a Rhodes scholar who majored in Public Speaking.....if the Wonderlic was administered in 1977, I'd bet he was around -4.......

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I did like McKelvin, and he developed into a fine cornerback.  While I did post the "second language" remark in fun, I do surmise that most likely McKelvin's way of speaking probably has cultural roots.  Doing a bit of research, he hails form Waycross, Georgia, in the sourtheast part of the state.  The population is about 14,000 with about 54% being black.  The median family income in Waycross is about 60% of the median family income in the state of Georgia.  That means there is a good chance at least that McKelvin grew up in poverty and a black culture.  He is to be commended for having arisen out of poverty, but his way of speaking probably does have a lot to do with his social circumstances growing up.  

Commendable post!

• Like (+1) 1