77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looks like it’s time to recast your votes

5%   I still giggle at that. 

I locked the poll after word of the McCarron trade just so that 45.51% can sit there for a bit. 

I can always open it up again if people want.

Seems like about everyone voted who was going to vote, though.

Shady, you're doing just an incredible job ignoring me.

As for the giggles at my 5% guess... well... 5% is still a chance. And honestly, I stand by my initial number. He doesn't have a 5% chance anymore, but it was a confluence of events that had to happen for him to have a chance to start, primarily that he had to kill the offseason by being better than the other 2 guys in training camp AND he had to virtually play flawlessly in the preseason AND McCarron had to basically fall on his face given the opportunity AND Allen had to demonstrate he's just not ready.

All those things had to happen for Peterman to be named the starter. The McCarron one obviously happened. It doesn't appear the 1st one quite happened. The 2nd one appears on the surface to have happened. The 4th one is still up for debate.

Notice that the starter still hasn't been named.

I think holding the announcement back still gives Allen a slight edge over Peterman, even now.

Shady, you're never going to make a shot if you're always sitting on the sidelines.

Peterman.  Played better in preseason with the 1st team, 2nd and 3rd teams.   You start Peterman and let Allen watch from the sidelines.  You also don't get Allen killed by our terrible O-line.  

If Petterman is good/okay this year, you can trade him for a 2nd or keep him as Allen's backup next year.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why did the OP lock the voting?

or did threads get merged 

Shady, you gotta learn to read.

I just redid the poll completely since we're down to just Josh and Nate. Brand new poll now.

For the collective poll from the Summer ending today

479 votes cast.

149 were for Allen

218 were for McCarron 

112 were for Peterman

45.51% of the people who voted saw the guy they thought would start week 1 traded away.