Do you say goodbye before hanging up?

boyst

I usually say “go !@#$ yourself” when hanging up......

after talking to telemarketers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I usually say  "take care".

I usually pass the crew of boats, etc...

I say: "You guys have a good one!"

Or: "You guys have a safe one."

Now on FM-Marine Radio... I will always respond, transmit with station ID (& sometimes call sign)... Once switched to working frequency I say (I never say "switch & answer" prior to moving, I usually answer first, I get to working freq. fast):

"Good Morning" (Afternoon, night, etc.) [call station ID] on Channel 14 (or whatever channel)'"

When I always end the transmision:

"You guys have a good one, [call station] back to channel 16."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I usually pass the crew of boats, etc...

I say: "You guys have a good one!"

Or: "You guys have a safe one."

Now on FM-Marine Radio... I will always respond, transmit with station ID (& sometimes call sign)... Once switched to working frequency I say (I never say "switch & answer" prior to moving, I usually answer first, I get to working freq. fast):

"Good Morning" (Afternoon, night, etc.) [call station ID] on Channel 14 (or whatever channel)'"

When I always end the transmision:

"You guys have a good one, [call station] back to channel 16."

That's work lingo....but when you call your dad on Father's Day,I would assume you would be more "personal"....even " I love you,take care and have a great day".Now,if I'm calling a pizzeria to place a order,I don't end the phone call with anything but.. "Ok" or "Thanks"....family and friends...they get a "take care".

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That's work lingo....but when you call your dad on Father's Day,I would assume you would be more "personal"....even " I love you,take care and have a great day".Now,if I'm calling a pizzeria to place a order,I don't end the phone call with anything but.. "Ok" or "Thanks"....family and friends...they get a "take care".

Maybe... I usually add "great" "awesone" or "You guys" to everybody.

Then... There's "talk to me baby" or covered "who loves ya, Baby?"

Add "you're welcomes" and lots of "Thank Yous."

Energy level is important with everybody.

:lol:

Just now, CowgirlsFan said:

Great thread!

I rarely say goodbye.

Mostly it's something like " have a good day"...."enjoy your evening"... those kind of things.

Wow!  I started reading, and my heart sank... But then it picked right back up!

You don't disappoint! 

15 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hey Cheektowaga...you do mean "used guyz"?

They say it here.  Big Chicago thing.

Is it "Urban North" or just Polish, pink flamingo thing? :D

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I have noticed for a long time that I say "Take care" despite not consciously choosing to do so.  It's just habit now, but I'm not totally sure when I started saying it.  

I've been saying thanks for the longest time. If I'm talking to somebody did something for them, I'll still say thank you. And sometimes people ask me why I'll say it when they didn't do anything for me, and I always say that I'm thankful for the opportunity to help them out, listen to what they have to say, or just be there for whatever reason

I'm actually pretty !@#$ing polite at work.