Do you say goodbye before hanging up?

boyst

On 5/8/2018 at 3:26 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No.  If you don’t say some form of good bye after a phone call that is odd.

Seriously, are these people in the movies.  I have hardly ever had a conversation that didn't end in bye, bye now, something like that...............Only on TV and movies do I see people just hang up.  That never makes sense to me.

58 minutes ago, bbb said:

...Only on TV and movies do I see people just hang up.  That never makes sense to me.

I was watching a tv show a couple weeks ago. One of the main characters, a federal agent calls a field office. Doesn’t say hi, doesn’t even say who she is, just gets right into “give me this info”. And the person on the other end of the call gives it to her. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think I've ever said or had said to me the entire word 'goodbye' at the end of a phone call. That would really weird me out...'goodbye'.

Like jesus dude, we're ending our conversation not dying of cancer. I'd settle for toodle-oo or even later gator...literally anything but 'goodbye'.

Goodbye.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I either say Goodbye or CYA.   If the other person never says anything I assume the conversation is still going and wait.  How else could you tell?  Maybe it is time to bring back "Roger, Over and Out."

16 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I either say Goodbye or CYA.   If the other person never says anything I assume the conversation is still going and wait.  How else could you tell?  Maybe it is time to bring back "Roger, Over and Out."

Roger, Roger, what's your vector Victor?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Its never over and out.

over means response is expected. Out is end of communication.

5 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Not sure when I started saying it, but I end my conversations with "bye now".

My mom says that!

You're not .... no .... this can't be.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Can you post a picture of Nervous Mom?

Really?  After she gave you the rice recipe?

A)  I'm telling.

B)  She is NOT going to be happy.

C)  I'm also telling Mrs. Creek.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

My mom says that!

You're not .... no .... this can't be.

It happens when you get old I think....sometimes if I want to !@#$ with people I say "end of transmission".

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Can you post a picture of Nervous Mom?

image.png