Erie County Executive concerned about fan behavior

8 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

So peewee football doesn’t exist?

And your age limit pretty much proved my point, your considered old past your thirties in the NFL, the NFL is nothing but grown men yes, but they are young men and are playing a game they played when they were in single digits in age. 

By this logic, being a stockbroker or politician is a kids job because they can join DECA or Model UN in High School?  

Edited by stony

Just now, stony said:

By this logic, being a stockbroker or politician is a kids job they can join DECA or Model UN in High School?  

If I get paid to play chutes in ladders with a bunch of other guys in their 20’s and 30’s in a highly competitive environment does chutes and ladders stop being a kids game? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Pretty sad day for our civil liberties when a few bad apples prompts even more government intervention into our lives. Taking in a ball game should be a privilege, and only afforded to those who care to be respectful & responsible during their attendance. Educate everyone proactively about the importance of being respectful & responsible, and weed out those who choose to be irresponsible and disrespectful. Young children in attendance deserve better role models, and besides our region should be remembered long after the game clock expires for positive attributes as oppose to earning the title of worse fans ever. WNY doesn't need that kind of negativity.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

In Europe they stab each other over soccer. I would keep the problem of drunk teenagers ten days out of the year in perspective.

This is the same group that eats tide pods. 

Some viral videos make Bills fans look a little crazy, but even some other cities in the US are terrifying to attend a game.  I would never go to Oakland, SF or Philly for any sporting event.

2 minutes ago, QB12 said:

Pretty sad day for our civil liberties when a few bad apples prompts even more government intervention into our lives. Taking in a ball game should be a privilege, and only afforded to those who care to be respectful & responsible during their attendance. Educate everyone proactively about the importance of being respectful & responsible, and weed out those who choose to be irresponsible and disrespectful. Young children in attendance deserve better role models, and besides our region should be remembered long after the game clock expires for positive attributes as oppose to earning the title of worse fans ever. WNY doesn't need that kind of negativity.

This guy gets it. I applaud you, sir.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

If I get paid to play chutes in ladders with a bunch of other guys in their 20’s and 30’s in a highly competitive environment does chutes and ladders stop being a kids game? 

Yes Chutes and Ladders was invented for kids.  Football was not. 

Edited by stony

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I like Poloncarz but they say this every year and every year I have the same response:

"Put out a real, winning football team, and a lot of the bad behavior will go away as true fans of the game come back".

Really??  It's the true fans that only come around when they are winning?  I think you're confusing true fans with bandwagon fans.  I'm not saying there isn't a certain element at games to just get wasted but if you're only supporting a team when they are good you are a crap fan.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, stony said:

Yes Chutes and Ladders was invented for kids.  Football was not. 

Thats a good point, 

I just always associated football as a kids game because of backyard football when I was 10, or a kid receiving a football for a Christmas present. 

But it thinking it through, I also had an archery set and .22 when I was 12 and those things are not really for kids either.

49 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Challenge accepted.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

"The Bills are working with Erie County and New York State on millions of dollars in upgrades to help improve fan safety. "

Well this I don't like one bit. Not only are you not going to stop the random acts of stupidity on private property, I surely hope you aren't going to cost the taxpayers millions trying to protect people from themselves.

Government spends billions protecting people from themselves. Another such waste wouldn’t surprise me in the least. 

7 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Government spends billions protecting people from themselves. Another such waste wouldn’t surprise me in the least. 

...brilliant!...you nailed it....deploy the TSA in EVERY parking lot....could NEVER be safer than that...............

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

There are a few ways they could fix this problem without ruining the fun for everyone...

- Be much more aggressive at making arrests for drunk and disorderly conduct.  The postgame police blotter usually has what, 20 to 30 people arrested after a game?  That seems fairly low to me.

- Have the Bills fund a significantly larger police presence in the parking lots and surrounding streets.  Bring in off duty officers from other jurisdictions like Rochester if you have to.

- Require all private parking lots to apply for a free permit.  Place a zero tolerance policy on fan misbehavior and if any officer gets a complaint about inappropriate behavior from a source other than the lot or its owners, revoke the lot's permit for the remainder of the season AND the following season.

It's not exactly rocket science.  This goes on because the law isn't enforced and the consequences aren't severe enough.  Enforce the law, put teeth in them, and these problems solve themselves.

Charge/fine private lot owners for any additional police or emergency calls.  Might make them monitor behavior in their lots a little better.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

:lol: you'll never see me powerbomb a table. but then again, i'm not a windowlicker.

However, I'll defend the right of windowlickers to powerbomb tables everyday.

Can they be asked to show proof of means to pay for their own medical treatment/rehab/disability first, so they don't raise health insurance rates and taxes for the rest of us?

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can they be asked to show proof of means to pay for their own medical treatment/rehab/disability first, so they don't raise health insurance rates and taxes for the rest of us?

I know plenty of these Bills Mafia clowns, don’t worry, their upper middle class parents are footing those bills. Their moms probably even send them some chicken noodle soup down to the basement while they recover. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Haha (+1) 1