Is Kim qualified?

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...my apology...being known as one filament short of a bright light, it was the best I could offer.............

I am the one who got that one filament. the only one i got btw.

;)

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It's a totally non-impact move vis a vis the football and hockey operations side of things. It's not like they woke up this morning and said, "Damn, Russ is out. WTF are we supposed to do now! I know, call Dave Culley!"

She presents a good Face for the Business and franchises. It is one of values as is Terry.

Business is so much about structure

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I sent a the laugh emote  when i read the post. you have a good sense of topical humor K-9 and thanks for the chuckle.

personally, Kim appears rather intelligent and squared away.

Some folks have great intuition and are quick studies as well. I am sure and Terry have some business savvy as well.
 She might well keep a rolodex for who they might feel should or could become the next president in good time

I'm sure that rolodex has been well greased before Russ was kicked out.  He seems like the type of person that was basically "tenured" in the organization and they just needed an out.

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

;)

She presents a good Face for the Business and franchises. It is one of values as is Terry.

She's also had nearly four years of learning the ropes, been to numerous league meetings, and has taken on a role with the league's business committee. She may be a bit green, but she ain't stupid. 

From what I have read she just worked in Terry's business form 1991 to 2010 when it was sold. I would imagine being married to the owner of the business she had a pretty high up position in the business but who knows if she was actually doing something where she was managing a lot of people and resources? It also is questionable as to what her results are as a manager since we have no idea how she did as an executive. 

As an interim president, I think she will be fine. Beane has a good handle on the football operations so she basically is just going to handle the marketing and business ops. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I'm sure that rolodex has been well greased before Russ was kicked out.  He seems like the type of person that was basically "tenured" in the organization and they just needed an out.

Perhaps they were studying his methods lol.
But i might guess the whole organization was under at least subtle scrutiny. No one wants to keep losing.

Recall when McD talked about owning the history ? weird statement all by itself perhaps.

Maybe it meant understanding , via taking apart the history of the Front Office and why they were not getting it done. To use that as the learning tool. 

Russ was the next constant besides and after Ralph.

House is cleansed now

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

;)

...before the Marrone exodus which turned everything upside down, she started a "top to bottom" review of every OBD department and associated personnel.....

5 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Some people simply hate successful women......(Yawn!)

LMAO. No, not at all. In fact I'm married to a very successful woman, and have daughters who are also successful in their own right.

BUT, OTOH, there's no denying that Kim is a "trophy wife", who is where she is solely because of Terry, is there?

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Perhaps they were studying his methods lol.
But i might guess the whole organization was under at least subtle scrutiny. No one wants to keep losing.

Recall when McD talked about owning the history ? weird statement all by itself perhaps.

Maybe it meant understanding , via taking apart the history of the Front Office and why they were not getting it done. To use that as the learning tool. 

Russ was the next constant besides and after Ralph.

House is cleansed now

We still go overdorf and billy buffalo to get rid of though.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

We still go overdorf and billy buffalo to get rid of though.

and the Graveyard right under the stadium

I know. i was just trying to be a positive thinker for  change

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...before the Marrone exodus which turned everything upside down, she started a "top to bottom" review of every OBD department and associated personnel.....

i thought that as the case. finally got to the Top ( or bottoms ) it seems.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

The NFL sells itself...let your football people do their jobs, put a winning team on the field and try to make the game day experience fun....

Perfect take.

Also Kim seems super smart. Saavy. Ambitious I know she'll give whatever job we're talking about her best effort.

I love the pegulas, they've been genuinely trying to give any help to build good teams, that's all you want from them. Not some Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones Al Davis trying to run the team. Let's face it, if we bought the bills 95% of us would take over as GMs because it's a dream job.

We're basically day dreaming at work playing GM on this forum. I've lead the bills to 10 championships in 12 years in madden being a GM, HC, and OC and telling my Jonny manziel quarterback what to do through illegal headset control mics. manziel retired a HOFer , buffalo wouldn't give me the fanbase and stadium the best NFL dynasty never deserved so I relocated as the London Monarchs in 2021 after a SB, Mexico City in 2024 and never looked back. Drafted a pocket passer so our offense is going through a rough offensive identity change.

Pegula wouldn't do buffalo in like that. #perspective

• Haha (+1) 1

Is she qualified? Get over yourself. She owns half the team. That's all the qualification you need.

Is there some college major that prepares you to own a major sports team?

She's ultimately qualified on her own merits. Go away you chauvinist pig.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not to me?

There was another thread devolve recently. About Culley.

no harm no foul about the humor. I might have been the only deranged enough one to laugh :D

• Like (+1) 1