Zay Jones and His New QB

H2o

Imo, Tyrod threw a pretty catchable ball. He knew when to sling it and put some touch on his passes. Was he the greatest? No. The reason I bring this up is because of ZJ and his dropped passes last year. Josh Allen rips the ball on a lot of occasions. How will that affect ZJ? I hope he gets it together and his stone hands can be remedied, but one has to wonder. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Imo, Tyrod threw a pretty catchable ball. He knew when to sling it and put some touch on his passes. Was he the greatest? No. The reason I bring this up is because of ZJ and his dropped passes last year. Josh Allen rips the ball on a lot of occasions. How will that affect ZJ? I hope he gets it together and his stone hands can be remedied, but one has to wonder. 

Timing seemed to be an issue with Tyrod and ZJ.  There were certainly other issues but the two never seemed to be on the same page.  Hopefully, both put in enough work to establish a chemistry.  Just have to wait to find out.

• Like (+1) 3

Dropped everything in sight. Ran the wrong route in Carolina and single-handedly cost the team a win. Then, the offseason stuff..

Only way to go is up.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

I think if there was a problem with a receiver being in the wrong place - that might be between QB and WR.

But when a ball is thrown close enough for the receiver to get his hands on it - it NOW becomes between the Receiver and the BALL.

FWIW - If you are a WR in the NFL and you can't catch a ball, it is time to dust off your FastFood resume. YMMV

Edited by cd1

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

How long did it take Eric Moulds to develop into a top receiver?

Answer: He wasn't good until his 3rd yr.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoulEr00.htm

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sammy's best year as a pro was with Tyrod.

He had one year without Tyrod. And 65 yards more than Watkins did with EJ Manuel / Kyle Orton at the helm. Granted it was 3 less games, but Watkins was a bit hobbled both years. Goff wasn't much better either, or at least the offensive strategy wasn't.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, What a Tuel said:

He had one year without Tyrod. And 65 yards more than Watkins did with EJ Manuel at the helm. Granted it was 3 less games, but Watkins was a bit hobbled both years. Goff wasn't much better either, or at least the offensive strategy wasn't.

Sounds like excuses. Let's just hope Zay has improved in his knowledge of routes and he's on the same page as Allen. His catches in traffic, or lack thereof, were the other concerning thing from last year, but maybe with the added velocity from Allen the ball will get there sooner and it will be less contested.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Sounds like excuses. Let's just hope Zay has improved in his knowledge of routes and he's on the same page as Allen. His catches in traffic, or lack thereof, were the other concerning thing from last year, but maybe with the added velocity from Allen the ball will get there sooner and it will be less contested.

Name one credible WR that had a better year here with Tyrod than with his prior team?

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

How long did it take Eric Moulds to develop into a top receiver?

Answer: He wasn't good until his 3rd yr.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoulEr00.htm

Always thought Zay was forced to start before he was ready. Most receivers take 2-3 years to hit the mark.

I think he got better as the year went on.

Moulds became great his third year and to this day along with Andre Reed is my favorite Bills receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

As mentioned Zay had shoulder surgery to repair what he says was a performance hindering obstacle. Allen I think would be the perfect type QB for Zay. He throws a zippy tight spiral which helps a WR who is a considered a "hands" type receiver. Also since the ball is coming in hot it won't give him any time to think " man I hope I don't mess this up".

Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Deonte Thompson.

Name one WR that came here from a prior team and played more than 10 games.

:thumbdown: That's a random qualifier. Thompson barely did better and in Chicago he had Mike Glennon throwing to him. Which is the point. These WRs will do better with better QBs throwing to them. That isn't really arguable.

How many Bills WR's have left the team to do better with other QBs? Woods? Goodwin? Hogan? 

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

:thumbdown: That's a random qualifier. Thompson barely did better and in Chicago he had Mike Glennon throwing to him. Which is the point.

How many Bills WR's have left the team to do better with other QBs? Woods? Goodwin? Hogan? 

It's not random, how do you expect them to do better if they don't even play 65% of the season?