If you were in charge of altering or redesigning the Bills logo, what would you do?

Alright!  Been playing with the standing Buffalo that was posted earlier and I've got two variants in mind.  First one was a touch easier to make.  Still working on the other.

Idea number one is a modified version that is a white Buffalo on a red helmet (letting us go back to full red, white and blue).  Yes, I'm aware how terrible the white on red "throwback" helmet was, but I actually like the look of this.  If I recall, the white Buffalo was actually considered sacred in Native American culture, which is why the Sabres keep using it in that color.  Sadly I lack the skill to mock it onto a helmet.  Here it is, though...

RedHelmet.thumb.jpg.415685d5c0139883834f220011b8b551.jpg

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 2

Logo design #2.  This one is similar to another one posted earlier.  This time it's the Buffalo I used above, but this time it's a red buffalo meant for a white helmet, a throwback to the old standing Buffalo helmet from long gone days.  And again, sadly, I don't have the skill to mock this logo onto a helmet.  I think this would look pretty sharp with our current uniforms.

WhiteHelmet.thumb.jpg.3470f04f17c7e53978ce39240738d59c.jpg

Edited by The Red King
Corrected the uploaded pic
  • Like (+1) 2

Last one.  Not sure why I was so hell-bent on finishing tonight, but yay productivity?  :P

Same buffalo as the last two.  However, this one was brought in-line with our current logo and helmet color.  I cleaned up the image, recolored the buffalo blue this time, and added a stripe.  I'm actually kinda fond of this one.  And now...I desperately need sleep!  >.<

BlueHelmet.thumb.jpg.a1240df6a4aadda834991f2ce0aecfe6.jpg

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Last one.  Not sure why I was so hell-bent on finishing tonight, but yay productivity?  :P

Same buffalo as the last two.  However, this one was brought in-line with our current logo and helmet color.  I cleaned up the image, recolored the buffalo blue this time, and added a stripe.  I'm actually kinda fond of this one.  And now...I desperately need sleep!  >.<

BlueHelmet.thumb.jpg.a1240df6a4aadda834991f2ce0aecfe6.jpg

No offense, but it looks like it's pulling a wagon or a plow. Going a 1/2 mile an hour.

Standing almost still, yet, the red woosh.

Something isn't right here. Three legs on ground, one up, you sure it ain't pulling a plow?

Or is the bull staring down the matador getting ready for the knives to be inserted?

Again, no offense, I know you worked hard on it.  But, I hope the Bills can do a better job keeping their legs moving! ;)

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No offense, but it looks like it's pulling a wagon or a plow. Going a 1/2 mile an hour.

Something isn't right here. Three legs on ground, one up, you sure it ain't pulling a plow?

Or is the bull staring down the matador getting ready for the knives to be inserted?

Again, no offense, I know you worked hard on it.  But, I hope the Bills can do a better job keeping their legs moving! ;)

Getting ready to charge

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

Alright!  Been playing with the standing Buffalo that was posted earlier and I've got two variants in mind.  First one was a touch easier to make.  Still working on the other.

Idea number one is a modified version that is a white Buffalo on a red helmet (letting us go back to full red, white and blue).  Yes, I'm aware how terrible the white on red "throwback" helmet was, but I actually like the look of this.  If I recall, the white Buffalo was actually considered sacred in Native American culture, which is why the Sabres keep using it in that color.  Sadly I lack the skill to mock it onto a helmet.  Here it is, though...

RedHelmet.thumb.jpg.415685d5c0139883834f220011b8b551.jpg

quick stab before I head out for work.

TybF47A.jpg

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No offense taken!  I just really wanted to try a streak, but it really doesn't work well for that particular buffalo.  In our current logo, the horn is vertical, while this one is almost horizontal, and that's before you even get to the pose.  I'm far happier with the white on red and red on white streakless variants I posted a page prior.

On 2018-05-01 at 4:32 PM, transient said:

I'd add a set of giant balls to intimidate opponents.

Those were on the trailer hitch of Wreck's Ford pick up.  I think Brandon got them afterwards, but they're now hanging from Mrs. Pegula's rear view mirror.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

... I hope the Bills can do a better job keeping their legs moving! ;)

Might be exactly what the Bills need on the offensive line!  ?

Does anyone know why the NFL doesn't allow a team to wear more than one style of helmet NCAA teams do? It would be cool to have multiple uniform combo options. Even to wear those hideous Drew Bledsoe Era away uniforms would be cool once every few seasons.