Annoyed at the negativity

Allen hasn't taken a single snap in a Bills uniform, yet the YouTube talent evaluators already "KNOW" he'll be terrible... because they read an article somewhere online that used a quasi-statistical argument to infer that Allen can't be possibly good... How many of the "experts" watched a single Wyoming football game over the past two years?    *crickets chirp*

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ShadyBills, you just made my head hurt!  Don't ask me, I'm all confusled myself.

To be fair, none of us - no one really - can know that the Allen pick is wrong.  But it does seem to have aspects in common with other QB picks that have not gone well.  It's great for a QB to have athleticism, leadership, sterling personal qualities, intelligence, work ethic - but fundamentally, if he can't read Ds quickly, make correct decisions, and throw the football accurately the rest is wasted.  And there do seem to be some gaps there with Allen, that were not there with another choice.

I'd feel a lot better about the pick if our GM and coach were talking more about the latter aspects of Allen's skillset and less about the former.

Agreed. It would also help if we're knew what Brian Dabol is running... or if Allen game can be tailored to fit Dabol scheme

3 hours ago, October 1918 said:

Allen hasn't taken a single snap in a Bills uniform, yet the YouTube talent evaluators already "KNOW" he'll be terrible... because they read an article somewhere online that used a quasi-statistical argument to infer that Allen can't be possibly good... How many of the "experts" watched a single Wyoming football game over the past two years?    *crickets chirp*

You must haven't seen any of my post pal lol. It's fine... I have seen his games... 6 to be exact. If you listen to WGR, they had a college QB text line... where the host sends you the games channel, timeline, ect on all 6 QB's. After abt 6 games of Allen, I had enough... the joke on that station is... pretty much I wasn't the only one texting back "Don't send me anymore Allen games" apparently everyone else did the same lol.

Also to your argument... there's 2 sides here because I can blast the people watching YouTube highlights of Allen, that came away thinking he's a stud because they're watching big plays after big plays & think..."wow this kid is awesome...he hasn't threw an incomplete yet"

I get that some have watched Josh Allen's games and came away less than impressed.  He's a work in progress and how that all develops isn't clear right now. We can debate the pick but any definitive conclusion one way or the other right now is just speculation.  

It comes down to faith in the people making the decision.  What people are really questioning is the decision of the Bills management team.  The basic premise is we can never get anything right and our  team is a loser and our choices are always losers.  But if Allen's so obviously a bust then what was the thought process behind the Beane/McDermott decision to pick Allen over Rosen?  This in the context of Rosen being the obvious superior choice to most posters?  Are the Bills GM and HC stupid or incompetent?  Did they miss something obvious?  

They have 1st hand knowledge of each QB through interviews, workouts, combine participation, talking to people that know them, doing other kinds of direct evaluations and investigating.  But somebody watching a couple game films who has no direct knowledge of any of the QB's is able to reach a better decision then they can?  Is that possible?  Is it that simple?  Did they waste 100's of hours of their time evaluating the QB's skills and potential when they could have just watched TV and some videos for a couple hours? 

Detractors are saying they don't trust the judgement of our GM/HC and think they made the wrong decision.  Maybe they did and time will tell the story.  But for me, I'm wiling to give them some slack here because what I've seen so far is pointing things in the right direction.  The team made the playoff given some inconceivable series of events but they still broke the streak.  They're putting a system in place with an eye toward the long term view.  They're changing the culture and moving away from the loser mentality.  I can go out in public once again with my Bills gear on and not have somebody make negative or apologetic comments.  I have faith in the choice and I believe Allen is going to surprise to the upside.      

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No it absolutely doesn't. But equally the people who didn't like him before the draft are not negative haters. I don't see why Allen becoming a Bill should be enough to change anyone's mind on what they thought before so long as they had based that opinion on something solid in the first place. 

The only way minds should be changed is performance on the field. That is all that counts. Here is hoping Josh can change the minds of the people like me who find him concerning in many ways as a prospect. 

I agree.  I've only ever debated his play on the field.  Stats aren't the bottom line...that sort of thing.  I've seen too much of his film to blame his numbers on him.  His offensive line had him running for his life or being hit almost every play and his receivers did him no favors.  For some reason people think that is an exaggeration but you really just have to watch the film to see it, it's pretty obvious.  Plus, playing in a pro-style system didn't do his completion percentage any favors as he was pushing the ball down the field a lot.  That being said, it doesn't mean he is or will become a great QB.  I have trust that he will improve like he showed improvement at the senior bowl.  Even people who aren't high on him can't take away what he did at the senior bowl playing with better talent.  I thought fans would be excited that we finally have a guy that is willing to toss the ball around the yard and not dump it to the running back every play.

Every rookie will have concerns, especially a rookie QB but I think he has the right mentality to become a very solid starter if not better in this league.  

I think the point against the "haters" is why complain now?  He is a Bill and that isn't changing any time soon.  Why not root for the young guy and unite as a fan base to support him?  We have been divided over QBs for far too long. 

Edited by Buffalo30

23 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I wanted Tyrod gone just like many and now he is gone. The Tyrod era is over man time to burn that jersey you treasure so much just like those horrible Tyrod threads everyday. With Tyrod no Nancy negative just facts showing he stunk over and over again. Yes I was in a bunch of those threads but also many others not about Tyrod. It's ironic you remember me in those Tyrod threads you must have been one of those COT folks that watched him through coke bottle glasses thinking he was good enough and is here to stay. Hey,hey hey goodbye

My post directed at that poster was because his name says it all in what he is here doing. Allen hasn't even played a game in the NFL as in my wanting Tyrod gone I have seen years of his fail, two completely different types of posts. Maybe your the one with that extra troll account, are you that Rosen guy?

That's all you posted about for months!  The mere fact that you use terms like COT and such means that you were doing exactly what he is.  You should Google hypocracy, bro.   

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

MY fear (I know this is gonna sound crazy) is that Allen comes in and light it up in Pre Season....where AJM's numbers are not as good.

I REALLY think Allen needs a red shirt year.....

In my opinion, if there is a true competition, the winner of said competition should start.  If Allen plays better, but still needs to sit a year, then he's not the right guy.  Get him out there, let him take his lumps and then expect him to be better the following season.  See:  Goff and Wentz.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In my opinion, if there is a true competition, the winner of said competition should start.  If Allen plays better, but still needs to sit a year, then he's not the right guy.  Get him out there, let him take his lumps and then expect him to be better the following season.  See:  Goff and Wentz.

I want to win football games.....

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

MY fear (I know this is gonna sound crazy) is that Allen comes in and light it up in Pre Season....where AJM's numbers are not as good.

I REALLY think Allen needs a red shirt year.....

What makes you think that Allen won't get his "red shirt year"? All Beane has said is that IF he win's the job then he wins it. As I see things, AJ should have a built-in advantage of having been through 4 years of training camps/offseasons, in addition to learning from Dalton over the past 4 regular seasons. He has no excuses for not being the starter on opening day. The earliest Allen gets on the field (barring injuries) should be after the bye week. If AJ has the team playing .500 football they should be in playoff contention at that point and would be unlikely to make a QB change under those conditions. Remember that this team should be quite strong defensively and if Shady can stay healthy they should have a good running game which means less need to throw the football. I am confident that McD is not going to throw Allen to the wolves. There is no need to do that at this point.

Edited by DefenseWins

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

What makes you think that Allen won't get his "red shirt year"? All Beane has said is that IF he win's the job then he wins it. As I see things, AJ should have a built-in advantage of having been through 4 years of training camps/offseasons, in addition to learning from Dalton over the past 4 regular seasons. He has no excuses for not being the starter on opening day. The earliest Allen gets on the field (barring injuries) should be after the bye week. If AJ has the team playing .500 football they should be in playoff contention at that point. Remember that this team should be quite strong defensively and if Shadt can stay healthy they should have a good running game which means less need to throw the football. I am confident that McD is not going to throw Allen to the wolves. There is no need to do that at this point.

Im hoping this is the plan

Love the move for QB....definately the right move....but we just made the playoffs and I liked that as well.

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Agreed. It would also help if we're knew what Brian Dabol is running... or if Allen game can be tailored to fit Dabol scheme

You must haven't seen any of my post pal lol. It's fine... I have seen his games... 6 to be exact. If you listen to WGR, they had a college QB text line... where the host sends you the games channel, timeline, ect on all 6 QB's. After abt 6 games of Allen, I had enough... the joke on that station is... pretty much I wasn't the only one texting back "Don't send me anymore Allen games" apparently everyone else did the same lol.

Also to your argument... there's 2 sides here because I can blast the people watching YouTube highlights of Allen, that came away thinking he's a stud because they're watching big plays after big plays & think..."wow this kid is awesome...he hasn't threw an incomplete yet"

This is laughable. If you think people don't know what "highlights" mean then your lost..

On 4/30/2018 at 6:43 AM, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

The ¨Bills FO¨ for those 17 years is in reality many FOs (2 Owners, 4+ GMs, 10+ coaches..14+ QBs..etc) all linked in a string of failures and false hopes, so adding  it up to 17 is just a very simplistic way to look at it, IMHO.... GO OUT AND TAKE A  DEEP BREATH!

Edited by BuffaLoko