WGR Hosts Scared Of On-Air Confrontation

I think, but am not sure, that Bulldog actually argued with Schoop the day before the draft...................I turned it on and he was mad, and I'm pretty sure at Schoop, but then they went to a commercial...............When, they got back, they seemed to be overcompensatingly nice to each other.

So, they may have happened??

This year, whenever they talked about the draft, which was every time I listened, Schoop would say how much he loves this stuff...............But, back when they actually did the draft - they both, but especially him, would say how stupid the whole thing is. 

So, did they really change their mind, or did the station tell them this is what's going to drive your ratings?

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Every single person on WGR is terrible. The two morning show guys are probably in the running for worst in the country. I’m not sure either one of them have ever seen a sporting event.

Sal is the best of the lot on WGR550, hands down. Would love to see Sal get his own show in the AM or prime time in the PM.

3 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Im so sick of the social justice grandstanding about some nonsense a white farm kid from a small town said when he was 15/16. Probably grew up very isolated. 

Get over it. If he proves himself to be a racist or bigot he will run himself out of town. Anyone who actually knows him seems to not think that is the case. 

Eddie played with him at Wyoming.  Think he is a better judge than some radio personalities.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Schopp is a complete idiot and I'm not surprised he would blow the twitter thing out of proportion. He's truly an embarrasment , a promulgator of "white guilt" and not suited for the airwaves. I'd have no problem telling him what I think of him directly to his face , he's a piece of excrement. 

What if he had 2 children who are black??

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You overlook the fact that the Cards were also trying to trade up to 7 to get Allen. That's been reported.

No, I’m saying the Bills could have got the better QB like the Cards ended up with at a lower price. Now the Cards have lucked into the better pick thanks to the Bills. I’d rather the Bills got Rosen with the moves the Cards made.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Doesn't matter. Just adds to his bias. He's hypersensitive , and doesn't see things in context. 

What you call bias, others would call having a unique perspective on the effect certain words have on those targeted by them.

6 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

No, I’m saying the Bills could have got the better QB like the Cards ended up with at a lower price. Now the Cards have lucked into the better pick thanks to the Bills. I’d rather the Bills got Rosen with the moves the Cards made.

What you call bias, others would call having a unique perspective on the effect certain words have on those targeted by them.

Again , context. " targeted". The word you're referring to is used in rap songs all the time. That's fine but you can't have it both ways. He's a hyperleft wing nut and has proven that time and again with his takes on anthem kneelers etc. An embarrasment of a human being. The guy is pure garbage. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

So despite reports to the contrary, you insist the Cardinals were trading up for Rosen?

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again , context. " targeted". The word you're referring to is used in rap songs all the time. That's fine but you can't have it both ways. He's a hyperleft wing nut and has proven that time and again with his takes on anthem kneelers etc. An embarrasment of a human being. The guy is pure garbage. 

60144931?size=476x268&region=us

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So despite reports to the contrary, you insist the Cardinals were trading up for Rosen?

No, I’m saying I would rather they let the Cards trade up for Allen and the Bills paid the lower price for Rosen.

8 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

60144931?size=476x268&region=us

No, I’m saying I would rather they let the Cards trade up for Allen and the Bills paid the lower price for Rosen.

Hey, I'm offended . I'm a LOT thinner ( and better looking) than that guy. And sober 

4 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Im so sick of the social justice grandstanding about some nonsense a white farm kid from a small town said when he was 15/16. Probably grew up very isolated. 

Get over it. If he proves himself to be a racist or bigot he will run himself out of town. Anyone who actually knows him seems to not think that is the case. 

It is so easy to go on the radio and act like a saint. Thank goodness they didn't grow up in an era where everything you said/did was recorded and archived. There is plenty to criticize about his game, can we not spend hours being politically correct and pandering? It is unlistenable. 

I wanted Rosen, but you know what? Im on the Allen train. He is "our guy" now. 

This is such a great post. People who did not have Allen as the QB they wanted should take your advice. 

• Like (+1) 1

Schopp is so liberal it makes me want to puke. Yes the Twitter thing is/was bad, but cmon people, does nobody know what forgiveness and second chances are about? 

And, no matter who the bills drafter at quarterback, they were going to have to "overspend". They had to move up no matter what and not one of these qbs has proven himself at the NFL level. 

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

This is such a great post. People who did not have Allen as the QB they wanted should take your advice. 

Agreed. I didn't want the Bills to take Allen, but the social media stuff was so overblown. Who cares? He didn't beat up girls, get in fights with cops, wear a " F so and so" hat etc. kid dropped an n-bomb or whatever. Get over it. I only care if he can play QB. 

18 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

When you argue that the Bills overspent in the draft and then your guest argues that they didn't - say something!  Mike has no problem arguing his point with callers - but he won't dare stand up to Sal.

IMO Mike is ( by far ) the worst out of all of them and Bulldog needs to get some ?? and at least once in a while stand up to Mike or It’s ( Mike Schopp & the Poodle)