A Lot Of Unhappy Browns Fans Also ...

If you had told me a week ago the Bills would walk out of night 1 with Baker & Ward and the Browns would walk out with Allen & Edmunds, I could have found a way to believe you.  That one team did it starting at 12 & 22 and the other did it staying at 1 & 4 fully sums up my thoughts on the Browns night.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

Cleveland passes over Fitzpatrick and Chubb for a undersized CB... the QB pick aside, they loved what Mayfield brought in competitiveness and acuracy... that 4th selection could be one of the biggest whiffs in recent draft history, just because you need a CB doesn’t mean you pass on no brainer elite defensive propsects... Jesus Cleveland, I sure hope you were right, Elway says thank you... 

• Like (+1) 1

Ward is the best CB in the draft I liked that pick a lot I wanted Chubb but he would have been more of a luxury pick with us having Garrett and Ogbah already ... Hopefully we fill a couple more needs today with 33, 35, and 64 :)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Surprisingly I'm not so upset, I thought I would be but Mayfield may just be the ointment we have been looking for all these years ...

I watched the first round at work with a Browns fan who was stoked by the way it panned out. He wanted Mayfield months ago, and was pretty sad he didn't think the Browns would actually go for him. I was happy seeing how excited he got about him, I hope he pans out for you guys. As for Ward over Chubb, it makes sense. Ward is a solid man cover guy, and it eliminates the need to shell out an insane amount of money to both Chubb and Garrett in a few years. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Surprisingly I'm not so upset, I thought I would be but Mayfield may just be the ointment we have been looking for all these years ...

I think there's an argument to be made that Mayfield is the best QB in the draft.  He's certainly the #1 choice based on various analytics, so if the Browns are trying to be analytics-driven and not so swayed by physical traits, they just may have picked the right guy.

Interesting times!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Ward is the best CB in the draft I liked that pick a lot I wanted Chubb but he would have been more of a luxury pick with us having Garrett and Ogbah already ... Hopefully we fill a couple more needs today with 33, 35, and 64 :)

Yup; the Browns really need a CB and they are pretty well set at pass rusher.