RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

On May 2, 2018 at 1:05 PM, BillsFan4 said:

Can you provide a link to anything that backs up your claim? I'd be interested to read/watch it. 

Everything I have seen says they had Allen ahead of Rosen. 

It appears no team had Rosen higher.  Won''t be any proof forthcoming.  Rosen is going to fail in the league I am willing to bet.  So were the teams that passed on him. 

On 5/3/2018 at 8:16 PM, JoeF said:

Pretty impressive Allen helped take a 2 win team (the previous year) to 8 wins in his 1st season starting. 

• Like (+1) 1

lol what the heck can you guys still be talking about in this thread. Can't wait until training camp when you all will dissect every pass attempt with the third team like it's a crystal ball.

Sean McDermott is a great coach don't get me wrong, but the man has zero experience in developing QB's. 

He is defensive guy, he has no idea what to look for in a successful franchise QB. The same goes for every other defensive minded coach we hired the last 15 years who had failed QB's. Project QB's need tons of coaching, and good coaching. 

Who do we even have on staff that has any success with developing QB's? Daboll isn't really a QB guru, and his NFL track record is pretty mediocre so he is still a huge question mark. And our actual QB coach is a WR's coach so I'm not sure who Brandon Beane is planning on teaching Josh Allen. 

We don't even have a skilled vet QB on the team. This is the main reason why Josh Allen makes zero sense to a lot of us. The bills are not in a position right now where they can bring on a project QB. 

Edited by Yeezus

I know that Yeezus loves to push buttons but he isn’t necessarily wrong. It is a big gamble to take a risk/reward guy over a safe guy. There isn’t a solid track record of QB development or infrastructure here to accomplish that. That doesn’t mean Allen will be good or bad but it is certainly risky.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know that Yeezus loves to push buttons but he isn’t necessarily wrong. It is a big gamble to take a risk/reward guy over a safe guy. There isn’t a solid track record of QB development or infrastructure here to accomplish that. That doesn’t mean Allen will be good or bad but it is certainly risky.

NO QBS ARE SAFE FROM COLLGE!! How can anyone say they are after all the sure thing busts that have happened and the surprise nobody's that become hall of famers.  Nobody knows!

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

NO QBS ARE SAFE FROM COLLGE!! How can anyone say they are after all the sure thing busts that have happened and the surprise nobody's that become hall of famers.  Nobody knows!

Nobody knows for sure but to act like everyone comes with the same amount of risk is asinine. These guys have varying degrees of experience, different skill sets, coaching, etc.... I don’t think that anyone would argue that. Allen, is considered by pretty much everyone to be a high risk/high reward guy. There were other guys in this class that come with less risk but less reward. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McVay developing QB’s huh?

Besides the still unknown Jimmy G who has McVay developed?

The failure list far exceeds the success list No? 

Think you mean Goff

• Like (+1) 1

Not an unfair post.  Our OC and QB coach may very well have the necessary collective abilities to develop Allen, but you can't say there is a track record of prior success in that regard.  I do think that the Bills will quickly get additional resources if there is concern that Allen is not developing at the desired rate.  Clearly, Allen is a major and priority investment for this franchise.  

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nobody knows for sure but to act like everyone comes with the same amount of risk is asinine. These guys have varying degrees of experience, different skill sets, coaching, etc.... I don’t think that anyone would argue that. Allen, is considered by pretty much everyone to be a high risk/high reward guy. There were other guys in this class that come with less risk but less reward. 

Rosen has high risk in his injuries and locker room risk...all of them have risk, just different types of risk.

Edited by Buffalo30

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

McVay developing QB’s huh?

Besides the still unknown Jimmy G who has McVay developed?

The failure list far exceeds the success list No? 

Yeah i heard on ESPN that they have Goff get to the line quickly so that the coach can reset the offense, etc. Thats not qb development. Thats a crutch. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Rosen has high risk in his injuries and locker room risk...all of them have risk, just different types of risk.

We agree that there is risk but it isn’t the same risk across the board. Andrew Luck came into the league with very little risk. Aaron Rodgers and Blake Bortles came with a lot of risk. Allen is certainly considered high risk.