Week One Starter?

H2o

Ideally, he sits, for a decent amount of time. From seeing the odd comment around though, I can see him lining up behind center for the first game. Mainly because of his intelligence, and reported (somewhere) ability, to retain information well.

I'd much rather he sat a while, mainly to get some experience in reading NFL defenses, as while he may be able to get what we do down pat, I'd be pretty certain he won't have seen defenses like the NFL puts out, and you have to be a lot more certain with the football, because of it.

Gotta sit him or he'll become a clone of E.J. Manuel. 

Transitioning from the Mountain West Conference to the NFL for a guy who has to rebuild his mechanics?    No way the kid can succeed in year one of that scenario.    All you'll get is the NFL version of the QB who was running for his life at Montana.   

Until they have the tools to help him succeed (competent O-line, competent WRs, competent QB coaching), let AJ take a licking and hopefully keep on ticking... 

The process is in the works since bringing in AJ he will be the starter this year Peterman automatically becomes 3rd string due to his outing although they may have him as the back up at the start of the year due to him having one yr of experience under his belt .

But Allen could & i think will over take him fairly quickly due to his selection in the first round & will be the back up to learn behind AJ & if AJ gets hurt then he will be put in as the back up .

I hope that AJ can prove every hater wrong & can let Allen have at least one yr to get better behind him that will also give the Bills som kind of possible trade bait in next years draft if another team is looking for a starting QB ...

I think the Bills intend to sit him the entire year. They have 9 picks as of now for 2019, also have a lot of cap space to fix the Oline and WR corps etc. 

They are gonna let McCarron and Peterman take 2018. If we take a big step back then we have a high 1st rounder to draft a premium Oline or WR to help him out

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Knowing the Bills were going to take a QB, I believe this draft pick is A.O.K with A.J.

He'll get his chance to start and show what he can do, for sure early in the season.

...if it had been Rosen...

Yup. AJ was probably the happiest guy on the roster when they took him. 

• Like (+1) 1