2018 Draft: 1st round discussion

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think Penny could be special, but it's hard to imagine taking him in the first... But I also don't know when they pick next.

Seahawks also have other holes at positions that are rife in the draft (TE, DL, OL). Really don't get it. Thought for sure they'd trade down again.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Except that the "value charts" dont mean anything when it comes down to real life. It may give a baseline to get an idea of how a deal could start, but it all comes down to supply and demand. Arizona was trying to get the pick, Bill's also wanted it. TB knew both wanted a QB   and there were only 2 left. With another team potentially willing to take one before either time was supposed to pick. 

I get it, but the Bills could have outbid them without both 2nd rndrs. I don't mind they moved up and got the guy they wanted, hope it works out obviously, but I think it was a big overpay. Love the Edmund's pick and they didn't overpay. I realize trading into the top 10 you are going to pay extra but that was too much, panicked a little I think. Is what it is.

2 minutes ago, P51 said:

Over Guice and Michel?? Value is there, but not the best value at RB.

If Michels knee is an issue, Guice should have been the pick.

Guice really pissed off some NFL guys with his combine interviews. He was “immature” and a guy who would always be a concern, he also lied about being asked those no no questions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

I get it, but the Bills could have outbid them without both 2nd rndrs. I don't mind they moved up and got the guy they wanted, hope it works out obviously, but I think it was a big overpay. Love the Edmund's pick and they didn't overpay. I realize trading into the top 10 you are going to pay extra but that was too much, panicked a little I think. Is what it is.

How do you know they could have done it without the other 2nd? Unless your part of TBs front office, you cant know they could have. TB may have said we want both 2nds or we make the deal with Arizona?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They will continue to ignore their trash OL until the end of time. 

Legit. Hernandez?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Wow - Shazier making progress!!

Great to see! 

I get a kick out of fans saying that the Bills overpaid for a top-five pick at QB that dropped a bit when most every Bills fan here wanted the Bills to trade away the farm to get Josh Rosen at the #2 spot. Some fans were saying they should give up three firsts to move up to the #2. 

The draft isn't over and neither is the walk on process so I expect the Bills to turn over every stone out there for some quality offensive players to help protect their QB's. 

Besides, the Bills could still trade up into the second, third rounds to get some quality talent. 

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Guice really pissed off some NFL guys with his combine interviews. He was “immature” and a guy who would always be a concern, he also lied about being asked those no no questions. 

Fair enough, I think it’s out of character for him, but it was a bad look for sure. Talent wise he’s still better though Lol