Dez Bryant Turned Down a Multi-Year Deal with the Ravens

I think he's going to find out that what he wants, and what he gets, could well be two seperate things. Especially as his play dropped off after the last big contract he got.

If I wanted to be particularly Machiavellian about it, I'd get him on a cheaper 1 year deal, let him play his socks off, after that next big deal, then let someone else overpay him, for the rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

I think he's going to find out that what he wants, and what he gets, could well be two seperate things. Especially as his play dropped off after the last big contract he got.

If I wanted to be particularly Machiavellian about it, I'd get him on a cheaper 1 year deal, let him play his socks off, after that next big deal, then let someone else overpay him, for the rest of his career.

....even Jurrah didn't want him back at a reduced number....interesting.............

• Like (+1) 1

Hmm ... wonder where he might go on a 1 year deal to rehab his value....

Maybe a team with the greatest QB of all time that just traded their #1 WR and has money to sign him?

Gee ... I wonder how this all ends.

I am fairly certain McBeanne isn't stupid enough to throw money at him, and I can't imagine too many other GMs wanting this cancer of a player in their locker room either.  The days of big mouth - big money days are clearly coming to an end mercifully.  Loud-mouth, D-bag players are ruining the sport.

14 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Clearly because of the QB, right?!?

I just saw on espn that they think the reason is he wants a short term deal ball out and cash in the following year with a big long term contract.

lets sign him to a 1 year deal and draft Josh Rosen. 

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

I just saw on espn that they think the reason is he wants a short term deal ball out and cash in the following year with a big long term contract.

lets sign him to a 1 year deal and draft Josh Rosen. 

Nah man. The only reason a WR goes anywhere or turns down going anywhere is because of the QB. I read it right here on this site like a year ago!

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nah man. The only reason a WR goes anywhere or turns down going anywhere is because of the QB. I read it right here on this site like a year ago!

Yes. Correct.

That is why he refused to go to Ravens with Flacco. One of the worst rated QB's last year and had I believe the lowest yds per attempt avg in league. That will not rehab your stats and turn one year in Baltimore into a big deal.

Edited by cba fan