Updated Joe C info - I asked on twitter - at least 2 plans to trade up for 3 players, Allen not thought to be one of them

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He is tied to the Pegulas through business. I believe he was a lobbyist in the energy industry, or something along those lines. He has had inside info previously. Never anything groundbreaking (fracking pun intended), but usually solid.

Not doubting this source at all, but I sure hope Mr Pegula isn't out there telling his draft plans to random energy industry associates. Considering the lengths the front office goes to to keep things under wraps, it would be really bad form by the team owner to be spilling secrets to people who don't even keep them.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He happens to look like Kyle Williams' illegitimate brother, but that's not his connection. He has had very reliable info in the past. Reliable enough that I follow him on twitter where 95% of his posts are about the VA.

That's where he is working now.

http://amvets.org/national-officers/

National Executive Director Joseph R. Chenelly

Joseph R. Chenelly was appointed national executive director of the nation’s fourth largest veterans service organization in May 2016. In this capacity, he administers the policies of AMVETS, supervises its national headquarters operations and provides direction, as needed, to state and local components. Joe previously served as AMVETS’ national communications director.

Joe Chenelly is the first veteran of combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq to lead one of the nation’s four largest veterans service organizations’ staffs.

A native of Rochester, N.Y., Joe enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1998, serving with the 1st Marine Division, and was honorably discharged as a Staff Sergeant in April 2006. He is a combat veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, having served in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Kuwait, East Timor and the Horn of Africa.

Joe Chenelly, AMVETS National Executive Director

Joe became a veterans advocate, a journalist, and a political adviser after his time in uniform. He covered military and veterans matters on staff with Leatherneck magazine, the Military Times newspapers, USA TODAY and Gannet News, reporting on operations in the Middle East, Southwest Asia, Africa, as well as disaster relief in the United States.

Joe was named one of the 100 “most influential journalists covering armed violence” by Action on Armed Violence in 2013. He was the first U.S. Marine combat correspondent to step into enemy territory after September 11, 2001, as a military reporter in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He also reported from the front-lines with American and allied forces in Kuwait and Iraq as that war began. He was on the ground for the start of both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Joe served as AMVETS’ national communications director in 2005, and for the past eight years as assistant national director for communications for the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) in Washington, D.C. leading grassroots efforts through social networking and new media.

He has also served as president of Social Communications, LLC, and as a public affairs officer director for the Department of Navy. Joe is an alumni of Syracuse University and Central Texas College. He resides in Fairport, N.Y., with his wife Dawn, a service-connected disabled Air Force veteran, and their five children.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Not doubting this source at all, but I sure hope Mr Pegula isn't out there telling his draft plans to random energy industry associates. Considering the lengths the front office goes to to keep things under wraps, it would be really bad form by the team owner to be spilling secrets to people who don't even keep them.

You'd hope not, but that does seem to be the case. The good news is, Chenelly seems like a smart enough guy to not leak anything important, given his career path.

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You'd hope not, but that does seem to be the case. The good news is, Chenelly seems like a smart enough guy to not leak anything important, given his career path.

What he is speculating on is the same thing that is being speculated on by many of the NFL oriented sports shows that are blanketing the airways and blogsphere. What he is saying falls within the realm of plausibility. There is no secret what the Bills priority is in this draft. It has been clearly stated by the organization for more than a year. 

Just reading Joe C's history and work experience he seems like a very honorable and grounded person. I hope that what he is suggesting is actually true. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What he is speculating on is the same thing that is being speculated on by many of the NFL oriented sports shows that are blanketing the airways and blogsphere. What he is saying falls within the realm of plausibility. There is no secret what the Bills priority is in this draft. It has been clearly stated by the organization for more than a year. 

Just reading Joe C's history and work experience he seems like a very honorable and grounded person. I hope that what he is suggesting is actually true. 

Yeah, he never gives inside info that would be secret or harmful to the Bills plans. Usually just confirms reports that are already out there.

Very honorable, indeed.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, he never gives inside info that would be secret or harmful to the Bills plans. Usually just confirms reports that are already out there.

Very honorable, indeed.

Or shoots people down when they're riling our fans up with fake news. :)

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He is tied to the Pegulas through business. I believe he was a lobbyist in the energy industry, or something along those lines. He has had inside info previously. Never anything groundbreaking (fracking pun intended), but usually solid.

He knew Rex and Roman well before anyone...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I hope it’s one of these two!!! Anyone else want these guys???

gioankxp9kgz.jpg

or

DWkgsAlVMAEWhWR.jpg

These are the only two worth moving up for to me.  

Edit - I just hope if they do it’s a smart deal, so they still have enough to fill the other gaps. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Jeff darlington on nfl live just now said he talked to beane and beane says theres at least one he sees as a franchise qb and says was have enough ammo to get to 2 but hinted at getting to 4 first. Nothing earth shattering but still

image.thumb.png.5b11953ee768a5f364906922bda2d011.png