Incoming, Speculation 49ers-Pats trade for Rosen.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

So we gave up 10 to go back to 27 and received a first and a third.  So the pats will trade two firsts to move up. I think it could happen but I don’t think the miners are getting a “deal”

No the Pats will trade 2 ones and a 3rd just like the chiefs did for 10 last year. But I’m also speculating 2 ones and a 2 would get it done for sure. . Why now for the pats. Brady has 2 years left at best. Bad QB draft class next year. They need a plan in place now to get this guy up to speed who they will draft this year at QB. 

Do you have the link from Colin Cowherd because this is pure speculation. I dont buy it one bit. me thinks you are just trying to tarnish the good name of Thurman Thomas or yo uare drinking some of that water that comes from the Genessee river

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

No the Pats will trade 2 ones and a 3rd just like the chiefs did for 10 last year. But I’m also speculating 2 ones and a 2 would get it done for sure. . Why now for the pats. Brady has 2 years left at best. Bad QB draft class next year. They need a plan in place now to get this guy up to speed who they will draft this year at QB. 

ok but it's not some favor. that's a good value trade for the niners. it's not like they're giving the pick away. sort of like we had a deal with kc months before the draft that if mahomes was there the deal is done. 

Just now, 4thandGoal said:

Do you have the link from Colin Cowherd because this is pure speculation. I dont buy it one bit. me thinks you are just trying to tarnish the good name of Thurman Thomas or yo uare drinking some of that water that comes from the Genessee river

Just go to you tube it’s there. Also I honor Thurman 

with his total rushing yards in his NFL career 

That’s why I’m Thurmanator 12,074. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Really then how could Jimmy G go for just one 2nd round pick. I say there is a lot of smoke there. I feel many teams would have gave more. It was reported Cleveland would have gave more. Bellcheat would not let that happen after the Browns fired him in the past. Did bellcheat do what was in the best Interest of the Pats and shop Jimmy G around for the highest price. No one knew Jimmy G was even likely to be traded until wham there it was. I say your wrong on that point. 

Maybe, just maybe because the guy had only started 2 games before he was traded and teams hadn't seen enough of him to give up more than that knowing that they would have to re-sign him to a huge new deal on top of giving up the pick(s) (or franchise him for a huge amount).  So, they could have been giving up picks for nothing after the season if he wasn't what they thought he could be.  Finally, it was reported that he was unwilling to trade him in the AFC, so that took away 1/2 of the trade market for him right there. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

ok but it's not some favor. that's a good value trade for the niners. it's not like they're giving the pick away. sort of like we had a deal with kc months before the draft that if mahomes was there the deal is done. 

correct it’s now plausible because it’s good value 

for the 49ers pulse the 9ers were helped by Bill by getting Jimmy G for a 2nd round pick. We can all agree he was worth more. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

How about when the Patriots shipped a 2nd round pick out for Kony Ealy last season .... only to cut him a few weeks later.

Was there some type of secret deal with the Panthers? Oh god ... NO!!!

WAS THERE A BACK DOOR DEAL WITH GETTLEMAN TO TRADE UP TO #2 WITH HIS NEW TEAM? DOES THAT MEAN HE INFILTRATED BEANE AS WELL?? NOOOOOOOO

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Maybe, just maybe because the guy had only started 2 games before he was traded and teams hadn't seen enough of him to give up more than that knowing that they would have to re-sign him to a huge new deal on top of giving up the pick(s) (or franchise him for a huge amount).  So, they could have been giving up picks for nothing after the season if he wasn't what they thought he could be.  Finally, it was reported that he was unwilling to trade him in the AFC, so that took away 1/2 of the trade market for him right there. 

The Bills gave up the 9th pick in the draft to get Rob Johnson with all of 3 starts I rest my case. 

Jimmy G was worth a lot more. We all know it 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

14 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Oh, what has become of this board?!  Quite a rep this OP is building up.  I'll remember to chuckle extra hard tomorrow night:lol:

I'd like to be able to blame the BBMB, but that isnt the case. OP has been around since 2002 but not posting. Laying dormant for 16 years, like our very own Pennywise.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd like to be able to blame the BBMB, but that isnt the case. OP has been around since 2002 but not posting. Laying dormant for 16 years, like our very own Pennywise.

Posts like this need time to marinate.

9 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

The Bills gave up the 9th pick in the draft to get Rob Johnson with all of 3 starts I rest my case. 

Jimmy G was worth a lot more. We all know it 

Genius response.  If anything that is the perfect example of why you don't do it.  Couple that with the fact that first round picks are valued much higher now with the rookie wage scale and the 5th year option.  But, hey, keep believing in conspiracy theories with no merit or trolling or whatever you are doing.  I'll stick with logic, reason, and facts.

Edited by Mark80

who in their right mind would help the Patriots? The entire NFL should pray for their downfall. Anyone who allows them to trade into the top 10, after two decades worth of smug dominance and questionable sportsmanship and ethics, should be condemned to the next 17 year playoff drought.

52 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Have you never heard of future considerations either on or off the books. You can’t imagine this happening under any circumstance. One team in the AFC east and one in the NFC west. Are you sure  this could not happen. ? 

I could see a unspoken deal happening but this one doesn't make sense. At the time the 49ers were 0-8. The Patriots should have taken the Browns 1st rounder right there if that was the plan and not taken the chance that the 49ers have 1st overall and price gouge them now. All for the sake of fooling the rest of the league. Waiting like that could have blown up in the Patriots face.

5 minutes ago, mgs2277 said:

who in their right mind would help the Patriots? The entire NFL should pray for their downfall. Anyone who allows them to trade into the top 10, after two decades worth of smug dominance and questionable sportsmanship and ethics, should be condemned to the next 17 year playoff drought.

Well that actually happened we traded for Drew bledsoe.