NYG OT Ereck Flowers Might Be Available; Should the Bills Have Interest?

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

The man is a walking disaster. I never thought I'd want to stan for Jordan Mills but I might in this case.

Let's do arithmetic. You subtract a player from the Giants and they get better. You add a player to the Bills and they get worse. Depending on one's perspective it is either addition by subtraction or subtraction by addition. No thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

The man is a walking disaster. I never thought I'd want to stan for Jordan Mills but I might in this case.

I heard Beane’s press conference and he seemed ready to roll with the unit they currently have.  I don’t see any high picks going for OL this draft

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's do arithmetic. You subtract a player from the Giants and they get better. You add a player to the Bills and they get worse. Depending on one's perspective it is either addition by subtraction or subtraction by addition. No thank you. 

I might need to dig through my big boards from the past few years to see how bad of a reach I had Flowers as a first-round pick. I know that Germain Ifedi is the clubhouse leader but Flowers might be in the top 5 worst 1st round picks in the last half-dozen years.

I might need to dig through my big boards from the past few years to see how bad of a reach I had Flowers as a first-round pick. I know that Germain Ifedi is the clubhouse leader but Flowers might be in the top 5 worst 1st round picks in the last half-dozen years.

Agreed Blokes, he was the classic example of drafting for need. The Giants needed a tackle, reached, and got what they deserved.

• Like (+1) 1

The Flowers selection is a demonstration of a team desperately reaching for a need. I don't subscribe to the rigid rule of staying true to your board without regard to need. But you have to have some common sense and balance when doing so. As you noted before Mills might be an average player at best but he is functional and reasonably priced. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Absolutely not. The guy is one of the worst OT's in the league. I don't even know if a switch to the interior would benefit him with the technique flaws in his game. 

Given the dearth of quality OL play in the league some team will take a flyer on him as a reclamation project for a late round pick. 

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Given the dearth of quality OL play in the league some team will take a flyer on him as a reclamation project for a late round pick. 

For a late round pick, maybe. Living in NYC area, listening to WFAN, I've never heard anything positive about him--absolute disaster area!