What if no QB with first pick

mattstev

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's the perfect way to continue nondescript mediocrity towards continuing irrelevance. 

Oh, it’s not what I want, I was just playing along. I want us to identify the ONE QB we want and then do whatever it takes to go get him.  If that means trading up then trade as high as you need to, even if it’s #2.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Oh, it’s not what I want, I was just playing along. I want us to identify the ONE QB we want and then do whatever it takes to go get him.  If that means trading up then trade as high as you need to, even if it’s #2.

Gotcha!

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

We go 7-9 this year.  Next year 5-11. Beane and McDermotte both fired in ‘19. 

We will draft a qb in top 5. 

I want us to get our QB this year, even if we have to trade up to get him, BUT I disagree that we would go 7-9 and then 5-11 with AJ., especially  with all of the talent we will be able to add this year if we didn’t trade up.

but again, I want the QB

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get the QB they have needed for 22 years. Period.

And if they go 

Allen - Cle

Darnold - Giants

Mayfield - Jets

Barkley - Browns

Rosen - Broncos 

Then what?  

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

And if they go 

Allen - Cle

Darnold - Giants

Mayfield - Jets

Barkley - Browns

Rosen - Broncos 

Then what?  

I'd take Jackson.  They have the ammo to trade up so and I don't see your scenario playing out. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd take Jackson.  They have the ammo to trade up so and I don't see your scenario playing out. 

I don’t either. But that’s the question being asked 

Just now, Virgil said:

I don’t either. But that’s the question being asked 

Invalid question IMO based on what the GM has talked sbout as his #1 priority in combination with the draft capital they have accumulated. 

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Stats don't lie. He also played in the ACC, which isn't that strong of a conference overall.

You must be kidding.  There is plenty of good talent in the ACC and his stats have been excellent.   That said it's about much more than stats as they can lie about NFL potential. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Invalid question IMO based on what the GM has talked sbout as his #1 priority in combination with the draft capital they have accumulated. 

You must be kidding.  There is plenty of good talent in the ACC and his stats have been excellent.   That said it's about much more than stats as they can lie about NFL potential. 

57% completion percentage? And people are knocking Allen?

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

Totally agree with this.

I also think that the supposed "Top 4 QBs" have been much overhyped. I just read an article that said Darnold looks like a cow on ice when he plays, and you know what? I agree with him! LOL

If they don't have a strong conviction on a QB to the threshold of throwing a boat load high drafts picks at a team like the Giants, Broncos or Colts to move up, then they would be doing the franchise a huge disservice by making the move to just appease fans.

My hope is that if they do miss out on one of their guys (if it's true they even like one of them), then pick the "home run" "wild card" QB Lamar Jackson at #12. Go big or go home, there's no sense in playing it safe with an average talented QB like Rudolph. Swing for the fences with Jackson, and still have picks #22, #53, #56, #65, #95 to solidify the building process. They have AJ there to start for the whole season, so Jackson will have this season to learn and not be pushed into the starting role.

I could absolutely live with this. :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What else would you have them do then?

I've asked. He doesn't answer specifically what he wants. He'll just be the first to B word about the results.

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get the QB they have needed for 22 years. Period.

Right on cue.

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

I've asked. He doesn't answer specifically what he wants. He'll just be the first to B word about the results.

Right on cue.

I'm assuming that 26 has an ongoing pattern with his posting?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm hoping for Rosen or Darnold. 

Don't see that happening.

9 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I hope you guys get him.

I do too, Lamar Jackson's going to be the steal of this draft. 

Rosen and Mayfield scream busts to me. Rosen will never last in the NFL (he'll be another Sam Bradford) and Mayfield is a head case (I don't remember any of those being a long term answer for an NFL franchise).

Edited by 1billsfan

Just now, 1billsfan said:

I do too, Lamar Jackson's going to be the steal of this draft. 

Rosen and Mayfield scream busts to me. Rosen will never last in the NFL (he'll be another Sam Bradford) and Mayfield is a head case (I don't remember any of those being long term answers for an NFL franchise).

All of them are a crapshoot, it also depends on the scheme that they come into.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Of course I don't want it to happen, let me guess, you are thinking that a team has to trade with you... if you do trade. Farthest you go is 5.

Looking at #5 or #6 with both the Colts and Broncos expressing a willingness to move out. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looking at #5 or #6 with both the Colts and Broncos expressing a willingness to move out. 

And again, that's talk right now. What if the Cardinals offered a ton more picks? You see the division that they are in? They could have more valuable picks. You just never know. It's not a guarantee that anyone will be able to move up, I don't care how much is offered.

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

And again, that's talk right now. What if the Cardinals offered a ton more picks? You see the division that they are in? They could have more valuable picks. You just never know. It's not a guarantee that anyone will be able to move up, I don't care how much is offered.

Of course it is.  The Bills have much more draft capital to offer.   Wish hard. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course it is.  The Bills have much more draft capital to offer.   Wish hard. :lol:

I get that you guys have a lot of draft capital, but teams seem reluctant to drop too far down, the Colts already said that's why they traded with us. One things for sure, Jackson should be there at 12 for you.