4-23: Brandon Beane on One Bills Live

1 hour ago, essential said:

Never.  You should always have an eye on the future.  When you start making decisions to win exclusively in season ahead you look like the Bills did the last 15 years.  I agree once you have the QB in place a lot of other mistakes are masked, and since we haven't had one they are more glaring, but you always need to consider the long-term picture.

The 2018 season and “the future” are not mutually exclusive concepts. It’s quite possible to plan for both.

This is weird... My WGR app skipped forward to Beane talking on Thursday night and Friday after each round of the draft...

Quote from Thursday 4/26

"We're excited about AJ (McCarron) and Nathan (Peterman) and feel like we're in a pretty good spot at QB going into the season... Do we add another one? Maybe, but if the season started today we would feel confident in our room."

Quotes from Friday 4/27:

"You know what's crazy? _________ (the guy we take in round 2) was #1 on our board, and we are lucky he was still there..."

"We had _________ as a mid-1st rounder"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did he say anything about Rube Baker I mean Leighton Vander Doodle?

With all the QB hoopla, there hasn't been a single Brian Leonard crusade this year.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

If Thursday night ends without them drafting a QB it's going to be chaos on here and on WGR

The morning show guys might have a meltdown live on the radio

Rightfully so

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

This is weird... My WGR app skipped forward to Beane talking on Thursday night and Friday after each round of the draft...

Quote from Thursday 4/26

"We're excited about AJ (McCarron) and Nathan (Peterman) and feel like we're in a pretty good spot at QB going into the season... Do we add another one? Maybe, but if the season started today we would feel confident in our room."

Quotes from Friday 4/27:

"You know what's crazy? _________ (the guy we take in round 2) was #1 on our board, and we are lucky he was still there..."

"We had _________ as a mid-1st rounder"

BitesizedSlushyAmurminnow-max-14mb.gif

34 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

This...in a nutshell is how I feel. I'm not an Allen fan, but IMHO the McBeane consortium of talent evaluators and coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt for another two years. The opportunity to mold their QB into the kind of player they need...in whatever form that it arrives, is fine with me and I will trust them and hope for the best.

Count me in this camp

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m surprised that people are surprised that the team president would be at the table? EVERY team president is at the table. It just shows how out of touch and uneducated the TBN staff is. It wouldn’t take much research to realize that is the case with every single team. Either that or they are trying to attract clicks, which is poor “journalism” too. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m surprised that people are surprised that the team president would be at the table? EVERY team president is at the table. It just shows how out of touch and uneducated the TBN staff is. It wouldn’t take much research to realize that is the case with every single team. Either that or they are trying to attract clicks, which is poor “journalism” too. 

It's fanning anti-Russ flames for clicks and conversation just as you intimated. 

I love Mike White from WKU.  I haven't seen much of his game video, but I listened to a long interview with him and came away impressed.

If the Bills weren't in a big trade up, top five hype mode, I would love this Draft pick.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Saosin said:

Watched on TV instead of radio. 

Said there was no trade blueprint in place with the Giants for 2. 

Everything else is typical pre draft PR. Still very interesting though. 

I know the NFL pushed the draft back to later in the year to 'keep the eyes' on the NFL longer..to try to get everyone talking about the NFL just about year round....

But it has had the opposite impact on me. I check in on this forum often to scan the posts for headlines...but there has just been too much talk about the sames things over and over leading up to the draft.  I have tuned out of ESPN totally, and turned off WGR more than I usually have this time of the year.  I can't wait until Thursday night and Friday.

40 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I love Mike White from WKU.  I haven't seen much of his game video, but I listened to a long interview with him and came away impressed.

If the Bills weren't in a big trade up, top five hype mode, I would love this Draft pick.  

He has a chance to be a great NFL QB. I am one of the few posters that would be okay with getting him in round 2. 

44 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I'd just as soon take a shot on him rather than Rudolph in the 1st round. 

• Like (+1) 1