Rob Johnson is still bitter after 20 years

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

and if someone tackles Dyson on Homerun Throwup the Bills beat the Titans and fans love RJ for his ability to pull out a victory in the last minute much like Flutie did during his career. Instead Porter leaves his lane and we lose and people can cry that Flutie would have got us the win when there's no way we really know. 

Then why doesn't Flutie get credit for the loss against the Rams in 1998 when he came in for another injured RJ that we were up but Flutie couldn't kill the clock leading the Rams with Greg Hill and Tony Banks beat us in the final minutes?

What are you talking about? Johnson was the QB on the Bills final possession before the Rams scored, and he's the one who didn't connect with Quinn Early on 3rd and 7. Flutie threw the final pass of the game - a hail mary. You're seriously not going to blame him for not completing that, right? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199809200buf.htm

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

What are you talking about? Johnson was the QB on the Bills final possession before the Rams scored, and he's the one who didn't connect with Quinn Early on 3rd and 7. Flutie threw the final pass of the game - a hail mary. You're seriously not going to blame him for not completing that, right? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199809200buf.htm

I remember Flutie getting in that game late, odd the box score he had 2 pass attempts but the play by play says he only passed once.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact someone sat down at the computer, registered to join a Bills fan forum, thought to himself "what screen name should I choose" and came up with MILFHUNTER#518.

Although, I do remember the great posts from MILFHUNTER#352 and can understand why you were upset.

Just trying to blaze new trails eball!?

This article should be a lesson for anyone who likes to quote QB stats.  I've always said stats don't tell the story and if stats were the end-all, the players would be handed a stat sheet at team meetings and told not to bother watching films.  Anyone who watched Flutie & Johnson play, knows that Flutie was a much better QB than Johnson.  

I must admit that 20 years ago I was in the Johnson camp, but I was proven wrong.   

28 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and if someone tackles Dyson on Homerun Throwup the Bills beat the Titans and fans love RJ for his ability to pull out a victory in the last minute much like Flutie did during his career. Instead Porter leaves his lane and we lose and people can cry that Flutie would have got us the win when there's no way we really know. 

Then why doesn't Flutie get credit for the loss against the Rams in 1998 when he came in for another injured RJ that we were up but Flutie couldn't kill the clock leading the Rams with Greg Hill and Tony Banks beat us in the final minutes?

Rob Johnson sucked in that Tenn playoff game.  Look at his stats, they were pathetic & a microcosm for his entire career in Buffalo. 

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Well if Reed didn't take that penalty costing the Bills 4 points that final drive the bills could of settled for a game winning chip shot FG instead of needing to score a TD.  & BTW most QBs in the league would of cough that football up in that situation.  Armstrong went unblocked & put his helmet right between Flute's chest.  I am hardly a Doug Flutie fan, but there is no question he was the better QB of the two.  I can't believe people even debate this.  Your arguments are beyond ridiculous imho.

:lol:

1. I never said RJ was better than DF. I just find it laughable when people think DF was a "good" QB.

2. There are many "ridiculous" arguments in this thread. The worst? "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda".

"Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" arguments rely on the belief if a play, or a series of plays, were changed to a desired outcome, everything else about the game would stay the same.

That's a ridiculous assumption to make. But you wanted to play it, so I played. My "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" is just as ridiculous as yours.

46 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Rob Johnson sucked in that Tenn playoff game.  Look at his stats, they were pathetic & a microcosm for his entire career in Buffalo. 

Yup.   The 'he left the field with a lead' arguement is among the worst recurring things posted on this board.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

So you took 4 years out of his entire career. In the NFL he was  38-28 86 TD 68 INT.  In Buffalo he was  21-9 47 TD 30 INT.

Remember when you said this?

"Ya lol he did was win everywhere he went ..."

Doug Flutie went to San Diego. He didn't win.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

lets not forget he played most of his career in the CFL because well teams were dumb back then on smaller QBs.   Innthe CFL he won numerous championships. But again, I asked who has buffalo had since Kelly who was better?? 

What he did in the CFL, and whether or not he was the best QB on the Bills since Kelly, are meaningless, if you are trying to make the case he was a "good" NFL QB.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:34 AM, Sky Diver said:

Flutie had a 70% winning percentage and Johnson had a 34.5% winning percentage.

Flutie was 8 - 3 in 1998 and Johnson was 2 - 3. Flutie made the Pro-Bowl that year.

Flutie was 10 - 5 in 1999.

Flutie was 4 - 1 in 2000, Johnson was 4 - 7.

Flutie was released after the 2000 season and the Bills went 3 - 13 in 2001.

1) Football is a team sport, he had a great team around him.

2) Want to go by wins/losses, he lost every NFL playoff game he was in, the one where he fumbled the ball away on the 5 yrd line to end the game.

3) Flutie completed 54.7% of his NFL passes, with an 76 QB Rating, never passed for more than 3450 yards.

4) Flutie sucked, he was a dynamic fan favorite but is wildly overrated QB (really just by Bill fans)  on a ills team with probably the best defense the team every had in its history

5) Flutie sucked..

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

2) Want to go by wins/losses, he lost every NFL playoff game he was in, the one where he fumbled the ball away on the 5 yrd line to end the game.

3) Flutie completed 54.7% of his NFL passes, with an 76 QB Rating, never passed for more than 3450 yards.

4) Flutie sucked, he was a dynamic fan favorite but is wildly overrated QB (really just by Bill fans)  on a ills team with probably the best defense the team every had in its history

5) Flutie sucked..

He also lost a playoff game for the 1986 Bears but people don't want to look back at his previous stint in the NFL when he played horribly too.

Edited by The Jokeman

6 hours ago, Cynical said:

Remember when you said this?

"Ya lol he did was win everywhere he went ..."

Doug Flutie went to San Diego. He didn't win.

What he did in the CFL, and whether or not he was the best QB on the Bills since Kelly, are meaningless, if you are trying to make the case he was a "good" NFL QB.

Your right, when he got old Like every QB not named Brady he wasn’t able will his teams to Victory. You still never answered the question. Almost like your avoiding it. Lol

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

5) Flutie sucked..

Ok if football is a team sport, the. How can you blame him for a loss? You can’t have it both ways just to try and make your argument. Truth is he won many championships up in Canada.

#3 stat sounds bad but out with his peers he was middle of the road on those stats. Not elite not awful. Again past his prime.

#4 if he sucked and had such a great D why the. Did he win and Johnson (whontruly sucked!) lose? 

Simple fact is he was a decent WB who when finally getting his chance in the NFL was older and already past his prime. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Your right, when he got old Like every QB not named Brady he wasn’t able will his teams to Victory. You still never answered the question. Almost like your avoiding it. Lol

Ok if football is a team sport, the. How can you blame him for a loss? You can’t have it both ways just to try and make your argument. Truth is he won many championships up in Canada.

#3 stat sounds bad but out with his peers he was middle of the road on those stats. Not elite not awful. Again past his prime.

#4 if he sucked and had such a great D why the. Did he win and Johnson (whontruly sucked!) lose? 

Simple fact is he was a decent WB who when finally getting his chance in the NFL was older and already past his prime. 

It's the CFL, not the NHL.  You don't get credit for wins in Canada.  

EDIT: Crap...Gotta throw in a disclaimer that I love Canada. 

Edited by stony