Eagles strike new deal with Nick Foles

papazoid

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

PS - goodnight 26; i've gotta go to bed (exhausted from watching my hs senior son pitch a one-hit shutout late this afternoon in central park in a 2-0 game-public school athletic league). I'll pick it up tomorrow!

Be well. Talk to you some time later. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Well-run organization ever since the day Chip Kelly left.  Good for them.

Chip really went from hero to zero in record time.

He was supposed to be the hottest thing everyone wanted...then it all went to hell pretty fast.

30 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Look, if you're not going to factor in the three playoff games to his overall performance last season, I don't know what to say. It's like Bills fans saying Hogan only had 38 catches in 2016 and neglecting his crazy postseason stats against better competition in more meaningful games. The dallas game was utterly meaningless, but he stepped it up against better teams over the the next 3 games in a big way.

And you're not doing the same? Saying your not going to count Rams stats or his rookie year?

It's a joke. You are cherry picking years and stats for your point. You can do that, but you're ignoring years. Don't call someone out for a game or two at the same time.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Chip really went from hero to zero in record time.

He was supposed to be the hottest thing everyone wanted...then it all went to hell pretty fast.

That happens to arrogant, racist !@#$s.  I'm still waiting for it to catch up to the white house.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:17 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Be well. Talk to you some time later. 

Thought a little bit about this. I guess it comes to down to who you see Foles as: a Doug Williams/Mark Rypien type of player or a Rich Gannon/Jeff Hostetler-type of I think he's the latter based upon his game, but I'd understand if people see him as the former.  Regardless, he's going to be an Eagle this year.

I just realized this: the former did well for Washington in short bursts and the latter both did well for the Raiders over a sustained period of time. Hostetler was a lot better than people remember, btw.  

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Thought a little bit about this. I guess it comes to down to who you see Foles as: a Doug Williams/Mark Rypien type of player or a Rich Gannon/Jeff Hostetler-type of player. I think he's the latter based upon his game, but I'd understand if people see him as the former.  Regardless, he's going to be an Eagle this year.

Seems to me he's the former who has to plug into the right system with a talented roster.   At any rate, I agree that he'll be with the Eagles this season. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Inconsistency throughout his career is the point.  Last season he was all over the place in regular season games with and he flat out stunk in a couple of games before catching fire against MIN and obviously the Super Bowl against NE. .

Thank you. U can show any guy is good if you negate this season and that game. Foles got hot last year for the playoffs but has been average at best throughout his career

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This contract means nothing, he will make 10 million more when he is traded. The Eagles don't have the cap space to keep him, I'm close to 100% sure that he will be traded on draft day.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yep

What team is he going to be dealt to as the starter at this juncture?   The correct answer is none. 

As I said prior, if Buffalo cannot feasibly trade up to get the QB they want, they may take a different QB without trading up, then trade for Foles as an insurance plan.  The rookie gets to sit on the bench a year and learn, AJ and Foles battle for the starter role, and Peterman gets released.

If Buffalo can trade up for the QB they want, they will likely no longer have the picks needed to trade for Foles, which is why there hasn't and won't be a trade for Foles until Draft Day rolls around.

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As I said prior, if Buffalo cannot feasibly trade up to get the QB they want, they may take a different QB without trading up, then trade for Foles as an insurance plan.  The rookie gets to sit on the bench a year and learn, AJ and Foles battle for the starter role, and Peterman gets released.

If Buffalo can trade up for the QB they want, they will likely no longer have the picks needed to trade for Foles, which is why there hasn't and won't be a trade for Foles until Draft Day rolls around.

The Eagles are not trading Foles with Wentz uncertain to begin the 2018 season. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Eagles are not trading Foles with Wentz uncertain to begin the 2018 season. 

Time will tell.  If the Bills manage to trade up on Draft Day, we may never know.  If they don't/can't, I suppose we'll see.

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Time will tell.  If the Bills manage to trade up on Draft Day, we may never know.  If they don't/can't, I suppose we'll see.

Indeed, but Roseman and Pederson have Foles in their pack pocket as cheap insurance for Wentz as they try to repeat as Super Bowl Champs.