Cleveland Trade for TT Should Indicate the Quality of the 2018 QB Draft Class

Irv

38 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

IMO - Because Hue Jackson wanted a veteran QB. I'm sure Dorsey did too, to help the team win some games and gain confidence.

But Hue just went 0-16 (and 1-31 in the past 2 seasons). He doesn't have the leash to ride out another season of rookie QB bumps and turnovers. 

He HAS TO win some games this year and show some forward progress if he wants to keep his job. 

I believe he rightly thinks that turnovers are the biggest factor in all their losses (Kizer just turned the ball over 27 times!!) and Tyrod solves that problem.

Darnold has issues with turnovers himself, so they will let him learn from Tyrod for a year on how to take care of the ball, then he will be starting next year. 

What could he possibly learn? 

Tyrod:  "OK Sam - here's the deal.  First.  When you see a open receiver, take 2-3 seconds to approximate the distance between him and the defender.  Second.  If the receiver is not 14 yards from the defender DO NOT THROW.  I repeat.  DO NOT THROW.  Do you hear me son?  As the pocket crashes in on you, take the sack or run for your life.  Got it?  Break!" 

Sam:  Uh. OK?

Tyrod:  And a another thing.  On 3rd and 10 always throw it three yards.  Got it?

Sam:  Uh OK?

Tyrod:  Wait one more thing.  Always try to look like Wesley Snipes.  That helps.

Sam:  Uh OK?

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Irv said:

What could he possibly learn? 

Tyrod:  "OK Sam - here's the deal.  First.  When you see a open receiver, take 2-3 seconds to approximate the distance between him and the defender.  Second.  If the receiver is not 14 yards from the defender DO NOT THROW.  I repeat.  DO NOT THROW.  Do you hear me son?  As the pocket crashes in on you, take the sack or run for your life.  Got it?  Break!" 

Sam:  Uh. OK?

FFS He’s not learning how to play QB from Tyrod. He’s already a QB who needs to transition to the NFL. They have a QB coach and Hue finally broke down and hired a OC (or was forced to). He will watch tyrod’s work habits, preparation,film room, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

None of these guys are ready.  They may never be.  If they were, then why did Cleveland trade for Tyrod?  Yes Cleveland has a worse track record than us.  But, Tyrod has proven that he is a below average NFL quarterback and the Browns still think the QB they draft at #1 will still sit behind him.  I don't see us moving up.  One of those five guys will be there at 12 and all of them will sit behind McCarron for a year and may never make it in the NFL. 

You got to remember it's the Browns.  This is the same team that passed on Wentz and Goff when they had the #1 overall pick and drafted Kessler in the mid rounds and Kizer the next year instead.

They are 4-44 in their last 48 games/3 seasons.  If they were a clothing item, they would be male rompers.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You got to remember it's the Browns.  This is the same team that passed on Wentz and Goff when they had the #1 overall pick and drafted Kessler in the mid rounds and Kizer the next year instead.

They are 4-44 in their last 48 games/3 seasons.  If they were a clothing item, they would be male rompers.

You have to remember it's a new front office headed by John Dorsey.

That would be no different than talking about the Bills as if Nix and Whaley are still around.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have to remember it's a new front office headed by John Dorsey.

That would be no different then talking about the Bills as if Nix and Whaley are still around.

That's true.  Maybe he changes the culture there.  But it seems like there's a gigantic black cloud hanging over them.  

I would also not be surprised if Haslam still gets too involved.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's true.  Maybe he changes the culture there.  But it seems like there's a gigantic black cloud hanging over them.  

I would also not be surprised if Haslam still gets too involved.

He has in the past and that's how they ended up with Manziel.  Hopefully for them he lets his football people handle the job he hired them to do. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has in the past and that's how they ended up with Manziel.  Hopefully for them he lets his football people handle the job he hired them to do. 

Hopefully for us he continues to be the same Haslam.  I don't know about you but it will eat me up inside if the Browns become legitimate contenders before the Bills.

Contenders as in Super Bowl contenders and not just a team squeaking into the playoffs.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Hopefully for us he continues to be the same Haslam.  I don't know about you but it will eat me up inside if the Browns become legitimate contenders before the Bills.

Contenders as in Super Bowl contenders and not just a team squeaking into the playoffs.

I only worry about what the Bills do, but CLE is well positioned to transform their franchise for many years to come. 

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Circuitous logic at best.  

So we should have held on to Tyrod until after draft and then trade him for the Rookie QB that went first?

?

25 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

When Tyrod gets cut, do you think the Bills should bring him back?

:huh:

I reiterate...can HE play offensive line?

Half this board (including 26 IQ) would give up our entire draft for a guy that would sit behind TYROD F-ING TAYLOR on opening day?  You've got be nuts.  What don't you get? 

Edited by Irv

Just now, Irv said:

Half this board is would give up our entire draft for a guy that would sit behind TYROD F-ING TAYLOR on opening day?  You've got be nuts.  What don't you get? 

It's not about Taylor, it's about developing a prospect properly.  If he's not ready in his rookies season and he plays, it could be detrimental.  

3 minutes ago, Irv said:

Half this board is would give up our entire draft for a guy that would sit behind TYROD F-ING TAYLOR on opening day?  You've got be nuts.  What don't you get? 

26 IQ

If only yours was that high.  Nice try to deflect from how dumb of a thread this is which is typical for you.  The real Irv would call you a preposterous posting punk!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Irv said:

None of these guys are ready.  They may never be.  If they were, then why did Cleveland trade for Tyrod?  Yes Cleveland has a worse track record than us.  But, Tyrod has proven that he is a below average NFL quarterback and the Browns still think the QB they draft at #1 will still sit behind him.  I don't see us moving up.  One of those five guys will be there at 12 and all of them will sit behind McCarron for a year and may never make it in the NFL. 

Yea lets let Cleveland of all teams dictate the "quality" of the QB crop.