Not sure why people think Mayfield can’t fall to 12

Bakin

I like Baker and would be ok to trade up for him 

BUT

I don’t see any reason why he won’t fall to 12. 

He’s short, played spread, and I guess has some maturity issues (whatever that means). 

If we can hold through the first 5 picks and he gets past Denver, he should make it all the way to us. 

Browns get Darnold

Giants get Barkley

Jets get Rosen

Browns get Chubb

Broncos get Nelson?

Just now, Bakin said:

BUT

He’s short, played spread, and I guess has some maturity issues (whatever that means). 

If we can hold through the first 5 picks and he gets past Denver, he should make it all the way to us. 

Browns get Darnold

Giants get Barkley

Jets get Rosen

Browns get Chubb

Broncos get Nelson?

I would like to have Baker. Unfortunately, I feel like the Jets do as well. Rosen, I think has more of a chance to slip than Mayfield. Which is insane IMO.

Every year, there are reaches and slides. This year will be no different. 

We keep seeing the same players in the same places. All these mock drafts are the same with minimal differences in draft order. 

The actual draft will play out dramatically different that we expect. It be crazy to have 4 QBs go early, but stranger things have happened. 

Embrace it, it's part of the fun! 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Dolphins have been very public about their affinity for Baker.  Gase isn't afraid of QBs with big personalities.  He's not falling to 12.

I honestly doubt the sincerity of the Dolphins QB interest. It doesn't make a lot of logical sense... Then again, I haven't seen them make a logical move in years. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I honestly doubt the sincerity of the Dolphins QB interest. It doesn't make a lot of logical sense... Then again, I haven't seen them make a logical move in years. 

They said it's a complete rebuild.  They can't have much faith in Tannehill staying healthy.  I don't think they are actively going to move up for a QB, but if the opportunity rises I think they'll take one.

I'm starting to believe the Mayfield to the Jets hype. Mayfield is 100% the anti Hackenberg. It makes sense for them to draft a guy who is nothing like their last bust. 

Jets fans will be all excited and then absolutely hate him after awhile. Looking forward to it. 

2 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

He won't bc he's probably going to #3 to the Jets. I hate it, but thats whats probably going to happen

I get why people think that Mayfield in NY makes sense, but I don't think Mayfield makese sense for Bowels and the GM (cant recall the name) who are desperate to win and don't want to risk any distractions. Their best bet is a safe prospect who the media can't get too much mileage out of. Just my opinion. I also do not think the trade up makes sense if Mayfield is the target. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They said it's a complete rebuild.  They can't have much faith in Tannehill staying healthy.  I don't think they are actively going to move up for a QB, but if the opportunity rises I think they'll take one.

Where did you read that? 

42 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

He won't bc he's probably going to #3 to the Jets. I hate it, but thats whats probably going to happen

Do you really think jets take Baker over Rosen?

i wonder how many have him over Rosen

Just now, Bakin said:

Do you really think jets take Baker over Rosen?

i wonder how many have him over Rosen

Based on things I read I do think Mayfield is their guy. I hope they are wrong, and I do admit there is a significant chance they like Rosen more than Mayfield. 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I get why people think that Mayfield in NY makes sense, but I don't think Mayfield makese sense for Bowels and the GM (cant recall the name) who are desperate to win and don't want to risk any distractions. Their best bet is a safe prospect who the media can't get too much mileage out of. Just my opinion. I also do not think the trade up makes sense if Mayfield is the target. 

Where did you read that? 

You are right.  I just remember the "Dolphins decided to go in a different direction after Bills loss" thread, but there are numerous quotes from Gase and Ross they aren't rebuilding (they are just getting rid of all their talented players).

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

BUT

Browns get Darnold

Giants get Barkley

Jets get Rosen

Browns get Chubb

Broncos get Nelson?

You don't see any reason?  I mean it's possible but there's reasons he could go before 12.

Even if you're scenario holds true perfectly there's the dolphins and trade up possibilities.

Edited by White Linen

Out of the top# 4 QBs, I think Mayfield has the biggest chance of falling out of top# 10 unless a team trades up to get him which is possible like Miami. I would hope Plan A would be either Darnold or Rosen which would require the Bills to trade up to #2 to make happen. Plan B I would hope is Mayfield/Allen and trading up into the 6-10 range.

Edited by billieve420